What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

We’ve had plenty of hints and teasing clues for Soundwave 2013 from festival’s boss and it was inevitable that AJ Maddah would start to leak a few confirmations as well.
Over the weekend Maddah was been busy checking out bands at Germany’s Rock Am Ring festival and also found time to made a pair of confirmation announcements adding Welsh post-hardcore crew The Blackout and sludge metal band Kingdom of Sorrow to the lineup for Soundwave 2013.
The lineup of Kingdom of Sorrow features both Kirk Windstein of Crowbar and Down, and Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed and the booking could bode well for the appearance of Down on the lineup. Maddah mentioned back in May that he was “definitely inviting” Down to play.
Other acts playing at Rock Am Ring (and hopefully/possibly on Soundwave touring’s booking sheet) include Anthrax, Lamb of God, Metallica, Motörhead, The Offspring, Opeth, Skrillex, Soundgarden, Tenacious D, Trivium, and Linkin Park.
These confirmations for Soundwave 2013 follow the earlier announcement that Cannibal Corpse vocalist Chris Barnes would be bringing his ‘other’ band Six Feet Under to the festival.
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/32782/Soundwave-leaks-two-bands-for-2013-lineup

firechild

First Grade
Would be hard to top 2012 but unfortunately I was on my honeymoon so missed it. Metallica and Lamb of God would be awesome, Linkin Park would be good but not much else there interests me.

franklin2323

Immortal
New album out. played before you would assume Offspring will play. :lol::lol: Every festival Blink gets mentioned and people fall for it everytime

Silent Knight

First Grade
Anthrax, Metallica and Motorhead would be nice. Anthrax could headline the metal stage, Motorhead could go second last on the main stage before Metallica. Give the two main stage headliners two hour sets each. Less quantity of bands but more quality. Refused could slot in 3rd last on main stage but I get the feeling they'll go BDO for some unknown reason. Just a gut feeling.

beave

Coach
kinda over Lamb Of God tbh, it seems they are out here every 6 months or so!!!!!!

Metallica would be awesome, Anthrax same.

Is Barnes allowed to play/sing any of the old Cannibal Corpse songs???? Love those guys!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
LOG played last year. So won't play again. Yeah refused will play somewhere for sure this summer.

firechild

First Grade
kinda over Lamb Of God tbh, it seems they are out here every 6 months or so!!!!!!

Metallica would be awesome, Anthrax same.

Is Barnes allowed to play/sing any of the old Cannibal Corpse songs???? Love those guys!!!

LOG did Soundwave last year and 2009, they also supported Metallica and they played at the Roundhouse bar at UNSW a few years ago. Still, they're awesome live so I'd pay to see them again.

LESStar58

Referee
I have it on good authority that Flogging Molly will be on the bill.

Put em on the main stage and get some Paddy punk in to the metal heads!

LESStar58

Referee
I heard some old school punk bands will be there like Descendents and 7 Seconds...would be awesome!

I missed Descendents last time so that'd be cool but I would bow down before AJ if he managed to convince Tim Armstrong to quit being a whiney bitch and got Rancid here!

Liam

Juniors
Too lazy to find the exact tweets, but according to AJ's Twitter the line-up is out next week and tickets are on sale on the 15th.

Latest posts