What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Anyone heading to the Blink 182 Sideshows? I am heading to the one in Brisbane. Should provide a good warm up for the Saturday at Soundwave. No worries about clashes with Metallica either.

Has anyone been to the Marquee at the RNA Showgrounds? Any advice on the venue, how to get there, etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone heading to the Blink 182 Sideshows? I am heading to the one in Brisbane. Should provide a good warm up for the Saturday at Soundwave. No worries about clashes with Metallica either.

Has anyone been to the Marquee at the RNA Showgrounds? Any advice on the venue, how to get there, etc.

I went last night. Heaps of old stuff like album songs. It was pretty good. Now I can watch 1/2 of Metallica

Here's the setlist:

Feeling This
Up All Night
The Rock Show
What's My Age Again?
Dogs Eating Dogs
Down
I Miss You
Wishing Well
The Legend of Pat Brown
Always
After Midnight
Disaster
Violence
First Date
Heart's All Gone
Dumpweed
Ghost on the Dancefloor
Man Overboard
All the Small Things
Josie
Reckless Abandon
All of This
Boxing Day

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Puscifer added to soundwave Sydney and Adelaide. Maybe they're the special guests

Reported that they'll replace six feet under which kind sux because I wasn't going to get there that early. I will be now though, was ruing the fact noone wanted to go to the sidewave but now it's a moot point.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Reported that they'll replace six feet under which kind sux because I wasn't going to get there that early. I will be now though, was ruing the fact noone wanted to go to the sidewave but now it's a moot point.

I just go to sideshows by myself. If I was dependent on my friends I'd never get there.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, Enmore on a Tuesday night also makes that an unappealing choice though. So happy they will be at Soundwave as it saves me another $80+.

beave

Coach
From Lombardos facebook page

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Australian Tour 2013

I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums.

So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I’m saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer’s tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band’s business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my band mates know, and Tom and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary back up documents.

I spent the Christmas and New Year holidays realizing I had toured all over the world in 2012, but yet, had not been paid (except a small advance) or provided a proper accounting for a full year's sweat and blood. On top of this, I was told that I would not be paid until I signed a long form contract which gave me no written assurance of how much or on what basis management would deduct commissions, nor did it provide me access to the financial budgets or records for review. It also forbade me to do interviews or make statements having to do with the band, in effect a gagging order.

Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best . . . play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.

I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the 3 of us original Slayer members.
I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerely,
Dave Lombardo

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=447262618678275&id=124433877627819

What an awesome day yesterday was.

First up I saw Crossfaith - These guys were sensational live, high energy. There is just something about this electronicore genre that just gets you really pumped.

Periphery - They were alright to fill some time, saw clint boge from the butterfly effect off his face there.

Bullet For my Valentine - Were great for such a short timeslot

Stone Sour - Same as above, were great, they needed to play get inside though. Corey Taylor is just a pure entertainer

Killswitch Engage - Fantastic, loved them, Jesse's vocals IMO struggled just a little bit at times, but you get that with the rawness of live music. They played all of their traditional songs

Linkin Park - One of my picks for the night, played a lot of their old music and the new music they played with high energy. I forgot how good and powerful Chesters scream is. That man has a massive lung capacity. Great show considering I was thinking about not seeing them for bring me the horizon, glad i did.

The Amity Affliction - My number 1 for the night, the moshpit was the most high energy that I was in all day. Probably due to the fact that there were only true fans there as everyone else was at Blink or Metallica. Considering who they were up against they still managed to pack the stage out. Brilliant performance.

Didnt bother catching the last hour of Metallica, I thought I would just bail and beat the 50,000 strong mass exodus.

Also caught the back end of Bring me the Horizon.. They sounded good, thats 2 soundwaves I havn't got to see them due to clashes. And I caught the last few songs from APC, I have never seen Maynard perform live and his voice sounded amazing, he doesnt really get into it though, just stands there still. But being the musical genius he is, he can do whatever he wants.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Absolutely awesome day! But coming home and seeing a guy let off a flare gun in the BMTH mosh and disfigured a young girl leaves a massive dampener on the day. Hope the prick gets what e deserves!

firechild

First Grade
Absolutely awesome day! But coming home and seeing a guy let off a flare gun in the BMTH mosh and disfigured a young girl leaves a massive dampener on the day. Hope the prick gets what e deserves!

Someone had a flare during Metallica as well and while the security were trying to hose it down he was waving it round and I thought someone was going to cop the flare in their face. Glad nobody got hurt.

Puscifer, APC and Metallica were the highlights of the day, all 3 were awesome.

Latest posts