What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOUTH AFRICA PULLS OUT OF THE TOUR TO PAKISTAN

Doctor

Bench
Well wouldn't you be? The only story I heard was that they were worried about security - for a South African team to pull out citing 'security' as their primary concern makes Pakistan sound like a war-zone.

South Africa can be very dangerous, so clearly there are issues that the side isn't comfortable with. Pakistani cricket will suffer while their country is losing home-ground advantage. India and Pakistan haven't played each other in a while (except on neutral territory), and most sides are reluctant to go to Pakistan - it means their cricket will suffer.

ozzie

Bench
I agree - dfidn't a few countries pull out of the test matches with the Paki's recently NZ for one and I wonder who the other was!!

Dougie

Juniors
The safety of the players is paramount. If Pakistan cant guarantee that safety, then i dont see why any team should tour there, especially in the current global environment

Doctor

Bench
:lol: :lol: Ha Ha, well it is back on peoples.

Reuters were reporting yesterday that the South Africans have "reversed" their decision to skip the tour. It means that, in theory, they're now going after much hullaballoo about safety concerns.

Not sure what sparked the turnaround, but apparently it is going ahead. 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
It's back on because they're staying out of 'hostile' areas. I.E. anywhere where stuff has gone bang recently. Aditionally, it's now 2 tests, 5 ODIs instead of 3 of each.

Electric_Eels

Juniors
Here's the first ODI result from Wisden CricInfo - www.cricinfo.com

1st One Day Int'l
SA v PAK
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore (day/night)
3 October 2003

Result: Pakistan won by 8 runs

PAKISTAN innings: Total: 6/277, 50 overs, 214 mins
Yasir Hameed 56 runs (85 balls), Yousuf Youhana 68 (87), Shoaib Malik 82*(41) with 6 fours, 6 sixes. Pollock 10-3-46-1.

SOUTH AFRICA innings Total: 6/269, 50 overs, 257 mins
G Smith 71 (99), H Dippenaar 110* (131), N McKenzie 62 (62). Shoaib Akthar 10-0-4/49

Latest posts