What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 2017 awards night

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bob Mccarthy clubman of the year award: Damien Cook.

John sattler rookie of the year: Cam Murray

Roy Asotasi members choice award: Angus Crichton

Burrow appreciation award: Angus Crichton

NYC best and fairest: Gabe Hamlin

NYC player of the year: Campbell Graham

Jack Rayners players player award: Angus Crichton

George Piggins Medal: Sam Burgess. That's an upset.

Last edited:

Jack Rayners players player award: Angus Crichton[/QUOTE Sam won his 3rd George piggins medial tonight

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm quite shocked Sam Burgess won the overall award over Crichton but at the same time kind of happy. If it was gonna be anyone it had to be one of the 2.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Jack Rayners players player award: Angus Crichton

George Piggins Medal: Sam Burgess. That's an upset.
Thanks for making up a thread on this...

I been so busy...

Congrats to Sam first of all and Angus on his well deserved 3 awards.....

I thought Angus should've won the George Piggins Medal too as I thought he was a bit better than Sam but there wouldn't have been much in it.....

Also so glad for Cookie. Have a look on Facebook mate at all the kind comments Cookie is getting.....

Well done to the others too......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Thanks for making up a thread on this...

I been so busy...

Congrats to Sam first of all and Angus on his well deserved 3 awards.....

I thought Angus should've won the George Piggins Medal too as I thought he was a bit better than Sam but there wouldn't have been much in it.....

Also so glad for Cookie. Have a look on Facebook mate at all the kind comments Cookie is getting.....

Well done to the others too......

Just thought people should be able to see the winners easily without having to go through it all. Yeah really stoked for all the players that won awards. They were all well deserved. I think when it came down to it Sam probably won it because of his defence compared to crichton's. Whilst it's not a significant difference I definitely think Sam is one of those rocks in the middle constantly making fantastic tackles to save our asses. Does the real tough work that not many players enjoy doing. Really happy for him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just thought people should be able to see the winners easily without having to go through it all. Yeah really stoked for all the players that won awards. They were all well deserved. I think when it came down to it Sam probably won it because of his defence compared to crichton's. Whilst it's not a significant difference I definitely think Sam is one of those rocks in the middle constantly making fantastic tackles to save our asses. Does the real tough work that not many players enjoy doing. Really happy for him.
I'm stoked for all the guys but I'm glad Cookie got recognised....

callmack1

Staff member
Congrats to all the players who won an award last night. It has been a tough season but we have had some real stand out players and all these awards are well deserved.

I'm so happy for Angus and the fact that he swept the awards shows just how good he was this season and how much we value him.

Also stoked for Sam to win best and fairest. It would have been so close between him and Angus and either one of them would have been deserving of it. I think Sam may have just pipped Crichton because of the fact he had such big boots to fill for GI in terms of being captain and he did well.

Congrats again to all the players.

Pommy

Coach
700k plus TPAs for a player who has had a good season? Coming from someone who keeps demanding Richo needs to get the cap in order.

Don’t get me wrong I want to resign Angus but that seems very excessive at this point.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
700k plus TPAs for a player who has had a good season? Coming from someone who keeps demanding Richo needs to get the cap in order.

Don’t get me wrong I want to resign Angus but that seems very excessive at this point.

I think he's being offered a little more than other clubs. No one knows the figure though.

Latest posts