What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOUTHS 2017 SEASON IS OVER

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Its not much fun knowing that your season is over and next year looks no better there is nothing wrong with madge as a coach he had a gun 2014 side and won a premiership, but now that madge has a dud side with only a handful of real 1st grade players its only obvious that we will play like a dud team in 2017 FACTAMUNDO+TRUTHAMUNDO!!!! If souths dont start buying 2 gun backs and 2 gun forwards for the 2018 season then we shall remain with mediocrity just like in 2015/16/17 .!!.....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
CAFPOW 2017 is over mate i am a realist and i dont dream or live on hope i believe things will only get a lot worse from here on, i am sure that no souths fan is looking forward to be playing the broncos next week if they are truthfully honest to one"s self .

Rsag85

Bench
Its not much fun knowing that your season is over and next year looks no better there is nothing wrong with madge as a coach he had a gun 2014 side and won a premiership, but now that madge has a dud side with only a handful of real 1st grade players its only obvious that we will play like a dud team in 2017 FACTAMUNDO+TRUTHAMUNDO!!!! If souths dont start buying 2 gun backs and 2 gun forwards for the 2018 season then we shall remain with mediocrity just like in 2015/16/17 .!!.....Shadow...

So your giving up? Ok good bye then that means you're not going to post on here for a year? Cool. Enjoy the off season mate.

CAFPOW 2017 is over mate i am a realist and i dont dream or live on hope i believe things will only get a lot worse from here on, i am sure that no souths fan is looking forward to be playing the broncos next week if they are truthfully honest to one"s self .
Well if you think it's over piss off and let us try enjoy the rest of the season in peace you rooster scum.

greg jay

Juniors
The fact is that Maguire is 12-19 in his last 31 starts as a Head Coach. That is a Winning Percentage of under 0.4 at 38.7%. This is a very very poor record for an alleged elite coach. During this span he has had The Burgess Brothers Greg Inglis Adam Reynolds Farah Alex Johnson Luke Keary Cody Walker Joe Burgess Damien Cook among others at his disposal. That is a nice haul of talent for ANY successful coach to work with especially with a kicker as great as Reynolds is. Yet the team has deteriorated and plays most of its games in a boring uninspiring fashion with little intensity and desire to win. The spotlight thus needs to be on Maguire FIRST as Head Coach. The team continues to fumble make unforced errors and create idiotic turnovers often when appearing to gain an ascendency [see Bulldogs Friday game]. As not all players can be severed at once the Hierarchy at Souths needs to assess whether a CHANGE IN COACH can ignite a more intense desire and style of play that will at least get the players excited. David Furner has plenty of experience and leadership and knows how to construct an offense. At present the forwards rarely if ever offload and speed merchants such as Johnson are rarely put into gaps by forwards running hard and offloading down the middle to what is a fast young fullback. Nor are short kicks over the top attempted. There is very little creativity or variety. Maguire has consistently stuck to players such as Talakai when the stats are firmly against him. Alf Reynolds appears overweight. If Maguire cannot get the team to score more than 10ppg and keeps losing in a depressing fashion then he should be cut immediately and Furner given a shot.

JetRider

Juniors
I would like to think we still have a lot to play for and should not write the season off. Accepting that our form is no where near that of the top teams and that is only based on what I have seen, we should not give up on their capacity to improve.

If we do not make the eight, win the premiership, we need to build a base for future glory. If the team does none of these things, then we can say our year was wasted.

greg jay

Juniors
What grade does Maguire get for the past two seasons?? Come on he is the Head Coach and he now has a very poor LOSING RECORD at 12-19 or 38.7%. He is supposed to be a high level coach with "team leaders" etc. He has failed to develop young players and has failed to eliminate or even sharply reduce the UNFORCED ERRORS TURNOVERS and POOR KICKING GAME IN THE RED ZONE. Second phase play is almost non existent.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
So your giving up? Ok good bye then that means you're not going to post on here for a year? Cool. Enjoy the off season mate.

Shadow is here to keep you bunch of dont knowers in line and hopefully you will all learn some expertise rugby league wisdom from Shadow & R20, and after the broncs massacre souths ile be waiting for all of your lame excuses ......Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I would like to think we still have a lot to play for and should not write the season off. Accepting that our form is no where near that of the top teams and that is only based on what I have seen, we should not give up on their capacity to improve.

If we do not make the eight, win the premiership, we need to build a base for future glory. If the team does none of these things, then we can say our year was wasted.

its pretty simple our young guns burns,jennings,talakai.hunt and gray are shiiiiit there are no blake ferguson"s or dylan walkers in this lot above now or ever FACTAMUNDO...
buy blake ferguson and dylan walker problem solved

forwards sack tyrrell,clark,turner,rochow,cherro,gosiewski and greinke and buy vaughn and napa problem solved,by sticking with mediocrity players we can forget winning a premiership anytime soon FACTAMUNDO..i know r20 sees it and the dont knowers cant see it .!! GET RID OF THESE 12 DUDS ABOVE AND BUY 4 REAL 1ST GRADE PLAYERS ABOVE THEN SOUTHS CAN CHALLENGE FOR A GENUINE TOP 8 SPOT....Shadow....then on top of buying 4 real 1st grade players then souths need to raid some real up and coming 1st grade kids of the future from the other clubs,but by using burns hunt talakai jennings and gray is just plain dumb for 1st grade fug me.....BUY SOME PLAYERS SOUTHS THE SPOON IS NEAR YA FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!AM I FIRED UP R20???

Dogmatix

Juniors
Shadow you are 100% correct about Souths' hopeless recruitment

Look at the performance of the Souths U20s side for the last 3 seasons

2015 Souths U20s finished 16th
2016 Souths U20s finished 15th
2017 Souths U20s currently 15th

Souths have been hopeless with recruitment since they axed Mark Hughes as the talent scout

In fact the whole of Souths' rise coincides with Mark Hughes who was at Souths from 2007 to 2014

Before he arrived Souths were hopeless at recruitment, since he has gone Souths have been hopeless at recruitment

Until Souths appoint another top class talent scout the pain will continue

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadow you are 100% correct about Souths' hopeless recruitment

Look at the performance of the Souths U20s side for the last 3 seasons

2015 Souths U20s finished 16th
2016 Souths U20s finished 15th
2017 Souths U20s currently 15th

Souths have been hopeless with recruitment since they axed Mark Hughes as the talent scout

In fact the whole of Souths' rise coincides with Mark Hughes who was at Souths from 2007 to 2014

Before he arrived Souths were hopeless at recruitment, since he has gone Souths have been hopeless at recruitment

Until Souths appoint another top class talent scout the pain will continue

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
CORRECTAMUNDO TRY TELLING THAT TO THE DONT KNOWERS ON HERE GOOD LUCK LOL....THEY ARE ALL CLUELESS ON HERE EXCEPT FOR R20 HE REALLY KNOWS HIS FOOTY STUFF NO CONTEST ....Shadow...

Latest posts