What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 2018 fullback

southsport

First Grade
I CANT BELIEVE CROWE AND RICHO AND MADGE AND CO ARE THIS FUGGING DUMB WITH RECRUITMENT/RETENTION ABOVE... oi R20 AM I FIRED UP MATE TOO RIGHT I BLOODY AM MATE I BEEN HITTING THE KEYBOARDS FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS ON HERE WHEN I GET A MOMENT I AM BLEEDING RED AND GREEN BLOOD MATE...Shadow...

Future looks very bright shadow, the U20s are killing it! I can't wait!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Future looks very bright shadow, the U20s are killing it! I can't wait!!!

U20s how about 1st grade but but but you want mcinnes back and you said siebold will take madges job im on the floor laughing my head off over here oooops i just dropped my false teeth on the floor with laughter NFI lol@dontknowers...Shadow...

southsport

First Grade
U20s how about 1st grade but but but you want mcinnes back and you said siebold will take madges job im on the floor laughing my head off over here oooops i just dropped my false teeth on the floor with laughter NFI lol@dontknowers...Shadow...

Get off the floor you'll get dirty down there!!!

Look to the future shadow, glass half full mate!

McInnes is killing it, another good win to the dragons yesterday.

handyman2190

Bench
Johnston did improve a lot in attack in his last 3 games at fullback. So he might make it as a fullback in the long run

However his defence has so far been hopeless at fullback and defence is half the game. Vs Canberra only 4 games back he let in 2 tries with poor defence that he could have stopped

Right now Inglis is the only proven fullback Souths have got while Johnston is a proven winger
I like it bout time some1 put it into perspective.
Earlier every1 was after AJs blood because of his defensive issues and positioning a couple of games against sub standard opposition and he is the next big thing lololo.
AJ is great .....on the wing and as backup thats it...finito

callmack1

Staff member
Completely agree with you STID. I'd give AJ first crack at fullback next year. He's really, really come along leaps and bounds in the last two weeks, in fact I'd say he's been one of the best fullbacks in the comp the last few weeks. I just think he's the better option. His passing and running game are improving so much, he has that instinct to pop up at the right times and he has that x factor. A full pre season back there and he should be even better. So yea, AJ for mine.

GI is my all time favourite player but I agree it's time for him to go into the centres. Will probably wreak havoc out there and should stiffen up our edge defence. We need a fit and firing GI so the centres are the best option.

Gagai at centre or wing.

Fat Tony

Juniors
Inglis fullbacl definitely. He was in amazing form at the back end of 2016 when he was put back in at fullback. Him sweeping around will take pressure of our halves, especially Reynolds. To limit him to a corrider would be a waste

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Inglis fullbacl definitely. He was in amazing form at the back end of 2016 when he was put back in at fullback. Him sweeping around will take pressure of our halves, especially Reynolds. To limit him to a corrider would be a waste

Are you not worried about inglis' age though?

Fat Tony

Juniors
Yeah but for some reason he's had a terrible luck with injuries. Is it not better to groom AJ for the fullback spot for post Inglis life at Souths?
Would it not be better to have the strongest team possible.
If AJ can genuinely be better than GI then by all means give him the number 1, but contrast GI in his last 5 games at fullback to AJs and GI is still far ahead of him