What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths best 17 (questionable)SAYS SHADOW...

alien

Referee
Maybe this will be the team at full strength:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Clark
15. Crichton
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington

alien

Referee
I think Sam would be more effective in attack and defense if he had a bit of a rest during the game. Clark could come on for him between the 30th and 50th minutes. Clark is pretty handy to have on the interchange because he can play anywhere in the forwards.

Thumper

Juniors
Maybe this will be the team at full strength:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Clark
15. Crichton
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington[/QUOTE
Maybe it won't be. Clark, Goodwin cherrington are not even close to the best 17. Turner will be there. Clark is an absolute waste of time and space. Goodwin is slow. Why buy all these young backs not give them a go. Crichton will start. Talaki will be in the 17.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Not quite what I think the side will be but that is still a great side!

oi callmack cheers i appreciate your view on the team that i prefer......but goodwin and clark will definitely be there at the next cs and in rd1 and so would gray be in the team if he was uninjured.....put it this way callmack if we keep on putting gray,goodwin,clark,turner,tyrrell in our top 17 we wont make the top 4 at seasons end even SSTID knows that and doyen too....we have to go with the young guns such as jennings and burns and reinstate young crichton over clark and tyrrell and turner,our pack will only go better with a rochow/cherro combo over clark/tyrrell and turner get rid of these forward duds for starters rochow and cherro will bring far more better go ahead power up front than tyrrell/clark/and turner combined.....for gods sake are you all blind if you think your a souths fan go eat a bucket of carrots to help your poor eye sight....lol-from-Shadow....

Travitoh

First Grade
Agree for a couple of reasons.
First we have a hooker (Farah or Cook) that can play 80 minutes. A hooker on the bench is unneeded.
Two. While cook can play multiply positions, hooker is the only one he is 1st grade standard. Sutton can slot into the halves if needed. Chricton can play in the backs and Clark can play hooker if absolutely needed to for injury. Cook is not needed.
3. It doesn't suit Farah or cooks games. Cook really struggled of the bench last year. Farah is an experienced player that probes all game and tries to control the tempo. Coming of between the 30-60 mark upsets that.
4. We have a big pack. We need all the interchanges we have. Just taking the Burgess on and off takes half our interchanges. Sutton has always struggled with 80 minutes in the forwards. Having a hooker rotation drops us to 6 interchanges. The prop rotation takes another 4. That leaves 2 interchanges to cover Sutton and possible injuries. Having hookers on the bench will see our big men having to play longer minutes.
Almost all our wins last year came with a hooker playing 80 minutes.
I think people picking cook on the bench are picking him with their hearts not their head

I completely agree with this and i have done since early last season, regardless of whether it was Farah or McInnes at hooker.
Unfortunately though i believe Madge will start the season with a bench hooker despite us having a much improved record last season when we didn't.
Just because something is trendy, doesn't mean it's right.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
If Clark is on the interchange then I don't think Cook will be.

damien cook is a game breaker clark adds zilch.....if we did a poll cook would win over clark hands down cook creates, clark adds nothing but a few good tackles he aint no roving forward thats for sure and creates nothing in attack unlike damien cook who does create even old trex from the dogs creates better plays as a forward than clark and trex is over the hill but in saying that id still today take trex over clark any day of the week...Shadow...

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi callmack..... r20 wont agree with me much these days but deep down he knows that im right,he will stick with you becoz he is not embarrassed with you your the new kid on the block and thats fine with me, r20 is still upset that he tipped the other teams back in 2016 instead of tipping his own club souths..i cant cop souths members or so called fans tipping against their own club its very unsouth sydney. R20 may not ever get over his treachery which sadly divided our past friendship i really like r20 but boy oh boy oh boy was i shocked when he was tipping the other teams against souths as others did on here too i was bewildered to say the least and still am to this day and my philosophy is if you follow souths then back them wholeheartedly no retreat no surrender is my motto....Shadow...SSTID...

southsport

First Grade
Well I think Madge will have both there Round 1.

We will see who's right lol.

Madge may do it but that doesn't necessarily make it the correct decision. It would definitely be the correct decision if Farah gets injured and has to leave the field.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
blind freddy knows dud clark and ageing long in the tooth goodwin will be playing in the cs and in rd1 no foresight there r20.....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
ile be hoping that clark and tyrrell and turner our (3) dud forwards will all be sitting on the side line with gray asap......goodwin is a good player but is slowly going down hill its his age r20 id be using talaki or crichton or jennings or burns or even cook before id use goodwin....goodwin is way down the pecking order from 2017...Shadow...

callmack1

Staff member
oi callmack..... r20 wont agree with me much these days but deep down he knows that im right,he will stick with you becoz he is not embarrassed with you your the new kid on the block and thats fine with me, r20 is still upset that he tipped the other teams back in 2016 instead of tipping his own club souths..i cant cop souths members or so called fans tipping against their own club its very unsouth sydney. R20 may not ever get over his treachery which sadly divided our past friendship i really like r20 but boy oh boy oh boy was i shocked when he was tipping the other teams against souths as others did on here too i was bewildered to say the least and still am to this day and my philosophy is if you follow souths then back them wholeheartedly no retreat no surrender is my motto....Shadow...SSTID...
Grow up please.

callmack1

Staff member
My side at full strength

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Gray/Goodwin
5. Goodwin/Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess