What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans disappointed and angry at losing Goodwin

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The Club should try their best to win every game this year, even if we won't make the Finals. Not picking Goodwin isn't giving the team the best chance to win.

You reckon? If we're out of the finals run what's the point? Is it not better to prepare our players for the following year. The players that are actually gonna be there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You reckon? If we're out of the finals run what's the point? Is it not better to prepare our players for the following year. The players that are actually gonna be there.
You know where I stand on this one lol.............

Play the ultimate professional over the reserve grader I say.

Those players if we get another signing or 2 in the backs will be there but at North Sydney Oval that is....

alien

Referee
Goodwin doesn't need to be left out anyway because there are going to be suspensions and injuries. Hunt is injured and probably won't be able to play the next game, so Burns or/and Jennings will probably play, and both will probably get games here and there for the rest of this season, even with Goodwin in the team. If you want to worry more about next year then I think it's more important to get the spine right. If Madge is planning on Cody being in the halves next year and AJ at fullback, then I think he should do that now. That is more important than leaving Goodwin out for players who will probably only be back up players next year anyway.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Souths will have 14 back up players of 2nd grade potential after gray goes to the sharks how exciting for souths in 2018 im on the edge of my seat gobsmacked and stunned, it seems nothing has changed i bet souths only cut around 6 players max from my dud list fug me the top (8) seems like a myth...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Souths fans can all feel cheated again except for the dont knowers they know nothing if we dont buy a brilliant winger and another winger/centre and 2 props/forwards with slight of hand ball skills with a good running game with good quality flick passing skills then we will certainly end up missing the top 8 again most of the clubs are buying mid season and for next year just nicely except souths are we honestly sticking with talakai burns and jennings?? please tell me nielsen and kelly is gone and please tell me a few more duds from my dud list got the leather boot on to chalmers street kerb side and will be all rewarded with their bus fare home. Please rabbit god ffs help my club they are far more dumber than the dumb and dumber movie:mad:im starting to get revved up r20 its a flop .....Shadow...

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi R20 hows my passion mate before i go and eat my dinner??i dont sugar coat things or think we can make the 8 the dont knowers will all find out that shadow was correct when i said souths have a shiiit team and i quoted souths will not make the 8 in 2017 before round 1 started:mad:...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Shadow trust me the frustration that you're feeling is what every Souths fan is feeling as well. I know it's hard right now but you have to look at the positives rather than the negatives mate, even if there aren't that many positives brother.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shadow trust me the frustration that you're feeling is what every Souths fan is feeling as well. I know it's hard right now but you have to look at the positives rather than the negatives mate, even if there aren't that many positives brother.
No it's not.

Imo there are a few on here that like the mediocrity in some of our players and want them to keep getting selected. If we keep picking and sticking with these players things won't change. You know who I'm talking about too!!!!!!

CAFPOW knows what I mean.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths til I die we had to keep Brown and move on Clark, Tyrrell and Turner.

Then we still would've had back ups in Rochow, Cherrington, Murray, Greinke anyway to fill in when needed!!!!!

We had to keep Dylan Walker.

We had to try harder to keep Api.

If we had those 3 players currently I reckon we are in about 7th.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Clark Turner or Tyrrell has nothing to do with brown leaving. Brown wanted a starting spot and the money that goes with it. The big thing that stood in his way for both was the Burgess brothers.

Walker was one of the prices to pay for Sam coming back

Say that people have accepted mediocrity and want mediocre players picked each week, yet also dedicate at least one thread a week about cook and Goodwin being picked. Doesn't make sense.

I've said many times that if clark, Tyrell or Turner aren't the best options then they shouldn't be picked. Fui and Angus have overtake Turner as second rowers and that's great. We should have room for only 5 middle forwards in our team. If the Burgess Brothers play to their ability, paychecks and potential, and with a young gun Musgrove coming along their should only be room for 1 off Clark, Tyrell, Turner, Rochow or cherrington. The problems is the Burgess boys aren't doing their job. Clark and Turner are. If the Burgess twins weren't in shocking form there'd be no discussion about Turner and Clark. That's the Mediocrity people are accepting. Even after last weeks shocker almost every fan in here has picked George in their team. Who's really accepting mediocrity?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Mate your a good guy but our team has (15) 2nd grade players that play regular 1st grade in 2017 we have bought and reinstated players that should either be playing for the bears or exiled to england or cut adrift and put in the unwanted players dud bin ....Shadow needs rest...., good night champion...

...Shadow...

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mate your a good guy but our team has (15) 2nd grade players that play regular 1st grade in 2017 we have bought and reinstated players that should either be playing for the bears or exiled to england or cut adrift and put in the unwanted players dud bin ....Shadow needs rest...., good night champion...

...Shadow...

Thanks shadow! Yeah it would be nice to recruit some nice middle forwards to get things pumping up front for our squad!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We seem to pretty much miss out though while others teams get moving!!!!

So far I haven't seen any players that we've missed out on that would've been worth getting. Ese is a pretty average player being paid overs. We need 1 gun metre eater prop in the mould of graham or bromwich that'll lead from the front. It should be the Burgess twins but they've gotten SHIT. We don't really need more young props.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Thanks shadow! Yeah it would be nice to recruit some nice middle forwards to get things pumping up front for our squad!

SSTID mate your a passionate souths fan but we can not stick with these 7 dud forwards (turner clark tyrrell rochow cherro greinke gosiewski) that is not how you win premierships ask r20 he knows?? we just need a taupau or graham or a vaughn type forward to help out sammy just like teo use to do i know crichton is helping sam but the twins are not sharing sammys work load....as for clark turner tyrrell rochow cherro and co dont get me started SSTID fug em all off and bring back nathan brown but at least nathan was a real 1st grade forward that actually did something and did not take a back ward step unlike the 7 dud forwards we accumilated that are shiiit 2nd grade players and what team would want these7 shiiit players in a 32 man squad fug me im boiling:mad:!!!...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
So far I haven't seen any players that we've missed out on that would've been worth getting. Ese is a pretty average player being paid overs. We need 1 gun metre eater prop in the mould of graham or bromwich that'll lead from the front. It should be the Burgess twins but they've gotten SHIT. We don't really need more young props.

SSTID Mate there has been heaps and heaps that we missed out on bloody heaps the list would not fit on this page ask guru footy r20 he might give you a list??...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
SSTID mate your a passionate souths fan but we can not stick with these 7 dud forwards (turner clark tyrrell rochow cherro greinke gosiewski) that is not how you win premierships ask r20 he knows?? we just need a taupau or graham or a vaughn type forward to help out sammy just like teo use to do i know crichton is helping sam but the twins are not sharing sammys work load....as for clark turner tyrrell rochow cherro and co dont get me started SSTID fug em all off and bring back nathan brown but at least nathan was a real 1st grade forward that actually did something and did not take a back ward step unlike the 7 dud forwards we accumilated that are shiiit 2nd grade players and what team would want these7 shiiit players in a 32 man squad fug me im boiling:mad:!!!...Shadow...

I agree with you about Nathan Brown. He was a really bad release considering he's become one of the best buys of the year. Parra fans would be stoked with what Nathan Brown has provided this year. He's stats are better than both the Burgess twins combined!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
SSTID Mate there has been heaps and heaps that we missed out on bloody heaps the list would not fit on this page ask guru footy r20 he might give you a list??...Shadow...

This year though? I haven't seen anyone "amazing" on the open market right now. The last thing we need is more average players. I would like to see another outside back or two. Nathan Ross would be on my list of targets. He is so undervalued for his performances he is a real threat on the wing or at centre. Never skips a beat Rossy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mitchell!!!!!

Fergo

Addo Carr (we talked to him)

Ross

Paasi

Evans

Vaughan

Lewis

J. Wallace

J. Roberts

F. Kaufusi

Matulino

That's just off the top of my head!!!!!

I reckon I could triple that list.

I'm sure there are more.

We had to keep Brown and Dylan.

Cmon mate Souths Til I Die has someone hijacked your account?????

All players on that list off the top of my head would add positives to our club!!!!!!!! FACT.........

Last edited:

Latest posts