What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans disappointed and angry at losing Goodwin

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Mitchell!!!!!

Fergo

Addo Carr (we talked to him)

Ross

Paasi

Evans

Vaughan

Lewis

J. Wallace

J. Roberts

F. Kaufusi

Matulino

That's just off the top of my head!!!!!

I reckon I could triple that list.

I'm sure there are more.

We had to keep Brown and Dylan.

Cmon mate Souths Til I Die has someone hijacked your account?????

All players on that list off the top of my head would add positives to our club!!!!!!!! FACT.........

Thank you R20 for writing up a list with a few players on it that was off the top of your head like i been saying souths have missed out on so many players--what about--- mead and sims to the broncs blair and milford was at the broncs a little bit earlier though there are quite a few others that souths have missed out on recently for what ever reasons....we seem to recruit old hacks and some young players that cant cut the mustard in 1st grade this year or next year .....Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thank you R20 for writing up a list with a few players on it that was off the top of your head like i been saying souths have missed out on so many players--what about--- mead and sims to the broncs blair and milford was at the broncs a little bit earlier though there are quite a few others that souths have missed out on recently for what ever reasons....we seem to recruit old hacks and some young players that cant cut the mustard in 1st grade this year or next year .....Shadow...
Yeah there are more!!!!

I have been too mad to think clearly!!!!!

Remember when it was rumoured we were looking at Taupau too???!!!...

Another one we let slip!!!!!!

Yeah Mead is better than Jennings and Talakai!!! FACT.....

Nene McDonald is another one who we missed too!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mitchell!!!!!

Fergo

Addo Carr (we talked to him)

Ross

Paasi

Evans

Vaughan

Lewis

J. Wallace

J. Roberts

F. Kaufusi

Matulino

That's just off the top of my head!!!!!

I reckon I could triple that list.

I'm sure there are more.

We had to keep Brown and Dylan.

Cmon mate Souths Til I Die has someone hijacked your account?????

All players on that list off the top of my head would add positives to our club!!!!!!!! FACT.........

Yeah you see the problem with that list of players is that they would either be on overs or they wouldn't be an upgrade. Also I'm talking about recruiting off contract players not currently contracted players. You can't just go around poaching contracted players from clubs unfortunately.

Fergo. 550k for a winger? No thanks

Mitchell. He still had a year on his current contract and roosters wouldn't of released him

Addo-Carr. Only rumoured to want out there's no concrete evidence anyone has negotiated anything.

Ross. He hasn't been signed yet for Newcastle but I doubt he would leave Newcastle anyway he is a junior there and his worked his ass off to play there. Very loyal player.

Paasi. ??? This guy is a reserve grader I'm sorry but McQueen is better than this guy. He is also injury prone.

Evans. I agree with you re Evans. That was a bad miss.

Vaughan. Dragons offered Vaughan 550k a year. You can't tell me that you would offer him more than that? I remember you specifically saying that he was getting overs.

Lewis. Lewis is old. We don't need someone who is coming into retirement. Plus our second row stocks are fine.

J Wallace. Last year's recruitment but I never thought he was great until he signed with the Titans. Was an average player at the broncos.

J Roberts. He was going to sign with us until he realised it wasn't a good idea to be in Sydney as that's where all his old mates (the naughty ones) live. That's a FACT.

Kaufusi??? He's a second rower and he's only been great because he plays around great players. Fui and Crichton will be better than him.

Matulino. Tigers are paying him 700k a year? That's overs isn't it?

Sorry mate but all of these signings would of been no good with the exception of Evans. I don't want to pay overs for average forwards. I would pay overs for James Graham though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
oi R20 you gotta give it to SSTID for having great PASSION?...Shadow...

Haha my my grandpa was a die hard Souths supporter growing up and his passed it down for sure. I remember watching south Sydney win the 2014 grand final my grandfather was crying of happiness. He couldn't believe that we'd won again. He told me that after we were kicked out of the comp he had lost all hope for rugby league.

I not only want to see our club succeed but I want them to remain at the top. I think our rebuild has to be from top to bottom. Even the players that won a premiership for us in 2014 shouldn't be safe. Just like the players that won a premiership for manly weren't safe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha my my grandpa was a die hard Souths supporter growing up and his passed it down for sure. I remember watching south Sydney win the 2014 grand final my grandfather was crying of happiness. He couldn't believe that we'd won again. He told me that after we were kicked out of the comp he had lost all hope for rugby league.

I not only want to see our club succeed but I want them to remain at the top. I think our rebuild has to be from top to bottom. Even the players that won a premiership for us in 2014 shouldn't be safe. Just like the players that won a premiership for manly weren't safe.
Most on here want them to be safe though!!!........ that's the problem we are in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
There's no way any of them should be safe. The position on the ladder should clarify that. If I'm Richo I'm asking some serious questions about attitudes!
Spot on.

Oh but but but........ they make their tackles and preform so well say the you know what's!!!!!!!

Pommy

Coach
You know I think the pressure is building on Maguire. I don't think he should be sacked but if they don't see results next year there's probably gonna be some problems.

Isn't this what everyone said last year? I don't know what he has to do to get sacked 3 seasons of total failure and he is still getting paid.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Isn't this what everyone said last year? I don't know what he has to do to get sacked 3 seasons of total failure and he is still getting paid.

To be fair he has won a premiership with the squad so the leniency has to be there. We only missed the finals last season for the first time under maguire's reign. Is it correct that we should be blaming the coach when it's obvious that the players aren't putting in?

Pommy

Coach
To be fair he has won a premiership with the squad so the leniency has to be there. We only missed the finals last season for the first time under maguire's reign. Is it correct that we should be blaming the coach when it's obvious that the players aren't putting in?

It's the coaches job to ensure the players put in. We can't change the squad we can change the coach.
We made the finals in 2015 but we weren't even close to contending. We didn't even show up for te semi against sharks.
He's not a bad coach but his methods will only last so long and to me it's clear they have run there course here.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's the coaches job to ensure the players put in. We can't change the squad we can change the coach.
We made the finals in 2015 but we weren't even close to contending. We didn't even show up for te semi against sharks.
He's not a bad coach but his methods will only last so long and to me it's clear they have run there course here.

I still have a problem with kicking Maguire to the curb especially because we have seen success with him before. If manly had sacked Trent Barrett they wouldn't be in the top 4 right now.

I don't believe that the coach is responsible for the Burgess twins form or Adam reynolds form. I do believe that he is responsible for our "boring" attack but I'm almost certain that if our players had the right attitude we would be winning games. Our attack isn't even that bad it's just the fact that we're always so far behind in games that we always have to claw our way back into the game. This results in panicky attack and we make silly errors. Our defence needs a lot of work and changing coaches isn't going to help with that. If the players don't want to be there then they should just leave.

Pommy

Coach
I still have a problem with kicking Maguire to the curb especially because we have seen success with him before. If manly had sacked Trent Barrett they wouldn't be in the top 4 right now.

I don't believe that the coach is responsible for the Burgess twins form or Adam reynolds form. I do believe that he is responsible for our "boring" attack but I'm almost certain that if our players had the right attitude we would be winning games. Our attack isn't even that bad it's just the fact that we're always so far behind in games that we always have to claw our way back into the game. This results in panicky attack and we make silly errors. Our defence needs a lot of work and changing coaches isn't going to help with that. If the players don't want to be there then they should just leave.

Why would players walk out on contracts unless they were going to get more money? It's a fantasy to think they would.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why would players walk out on contracts unless they were going to get more money? It's a fantasy to think they would.

Because they obviously don't want to be there? The fact that someone would stay around and play under a coach they didn't want too just for extra money is a joke.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Depends on the situation.
Say your a player on coming into the 3rd year and final year of a good deal. Let's say you are making $400k per year. In the past you've been a rep player and if fit and in 1st grade you are still in contention. But for whatever reason you've fallen out of favour with the club and/or coach. So they say you'll spend the year in reserve grade. Yea you can collect the $400k, but it means when you go for a new deal you have no leverage so in the future you will struggle. You may struggle to get $200k. But if you can take the hit this year, get payed half but parachute into a good team where you'll find form and game time, then you may be able to get back to that $400k per year in your next deal

Pommy

Coach
Depends on the situation.
Say your a player on coming into the 3rd year and final year of a good deal. Let's say you are making $400k per year. In the past you've been a rep player and if fit and in 1st grade you are still in contention. But for whatever reason you've fallen out of favour with the club and/or coach. So they say you'll spend the year in reserve grade. Yea you can collect the $400k, but it means when you go for a new deal you have no leverage so in the future you will struggle. You may struggle to get $200k. But if you can take the hit this year, get payed half but parachute into a good team where you'll find form and game time, then you may be able to get back to that $400k per year in your next deal

The twins are still getting picked for rep games lol

Latest posts