What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans disappointed and angry at losing Goodwin

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Did anyone see Sutton try and tackle last night? I don't think I've seen worse attempts at tackling than that. My grandma would've given it more of a go and she's on crutches.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did anyone see Sutton try and tackle last night? I don't think I've seen worse attempts at tackling than that. My grandma would've given it more of a go and she's on crutches.
Yep it was the worst I have seen of him last night!!

Also did you notice when Musgrove gave away another penalty he found it amusing!!!!.... he gave 4 penalties away...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yep it was the worst I have seen of him last night!!

Also did you notice when Musgrove gave away another penalty he found it amusing!!!!.... he gave 4 penalties away...

I can forgive musgrove. His had a pretty good season this year. One bad game can't define a whole year. But yes it was a terrible game from him. It's the inconsistent players in this squad I can't stand.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can forgive musgrove. His had a pretty good season this year. One bad game can't define a whole year. But yes it was a terrible game from him. It's the inconsistent players in this squad I can't stand.
Musgrove has had a few bad games imo......

The twins are a problem and Turner has to retire!!!!!

AR is made of glass.......

Cody is inconsistent.....

Farah is a waste........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Musgrove has had a few bad games imo......

The twins are a problem and Turner has to retire!!!!!

AR is made of glass.......

Cody is inconsistent.....

Farah is a waste........

Problem with Cody is that he is a 5/8th that doesn't have a decent halfback. He shouldn't be playing fullback either.

Cody is a good player that's surrounded by inconsistency.

callmack1

Staff member
Forgot to mention it but did you guys notice Cameron Smith's try? The ball went to ground off that tap back right in front of Tom. He was in front of Smith and could've literally flopped on the ball and killed the play. But no, he just friggin stands there and watches it!! No effort at all!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Forgot to mention it but did you guys notice Cameron Smith's try? The ball went to ground off that tap back right in front of Tom. He was in front of Smith and could've literally flopped on the ball and killed the play. But no, he just friggin stands there and watches it!! No effort at all!
Didn't notice mate but I take your word.

What I noticed was Musgrove found it amusing when he gave a penalty away!!!!!!

Crichton put in so much effort last night. Ok he stuffed up a bit in defence but he had a fair dinkum crack.......

southsport

First Grade

Yep, saw that, I thought it was George..........the twins have gotta go.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
So new dud list is as follows

Sutton
George
Tom
Reynolds
Turner
Farah
Walker
Musgrove

Goodwin and cook are keepers and upgraded naturally. (Why o why didn't they offer Goodwin something he didn't want)

So we'll flick all the duds, prob pay 1/2 their salaries elsewhere and easily recruit internationals in those positions, and new coach while we're at it, let's say Bellamy.

And if even 1 of them is seen smiling after giving away a penalty ( no context needed, he's obviously happy about being flogged by 60 ) or if any player is seen with their hands on there knees at training? The player in question is immediately cast off into the sports wilderness for clear subordination.

All from the comfort of home on our mobile phones.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So new dud list is as follows

Sutton
George
Tom
Reynolds
Turner
Farah
Walker
Musgrove

Goodwin and cook are keepers and upgraded naturally. (Why o why didn't they offer Goodwin something he didn't want)

So we'll flick all the duds, prob pay 1/2 their salaries elsewhere and easily recruit internationals in those positions, and new coach while we're at it, let's say Bellamy.

And if even 1 of them is seen smiling after giving away a penalty ( no context needed, he's obviously happy about being flogged by 60 ) or if any player is seen with their hands on there knees at training? The player in question is immediately cast off into the sports wilderness for clear subordination.

All from the comfort of home on our mobile phones.

That is a bit extreme but the only consistent players on that list are musgrove and Walker (when playing 5/8th)

handyman2190

Bench
There is no competitions for positions our depth is nonexistent there are too many duds , shadow is right, getting rid of 6 players is not enough.
Sutton should be down graded ala corey parker who was on 250 the last 2 years he played, and come off the bench as impact.
We should be exploring options to sign props and wingers with some bloody speed we are pedestrian id swop farrah for a morris and JG id buy liccha who has proved he has a running game and tackles his arse off id sign mongrel tetavano from rorters and give mitchel whatever it takes to groom him for the FB position

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's great over the last week to have read and heard all the social media comments about Goodwin and just general chatter too.

I'm glad pretty much everyone realises what he did for us and he's a members/fan favourite.

Just a shame about the strong negative opinions he copped on this forum which is the only place out of many I have read anything negative re Bryson......

Anyhow he always rose above and accepted the challenge and he will be greatly and sorely missed.....

I can't thank him enough for his service too us!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
It's great over the last week to have read and heard all the social media comments about Goodwin and just general chatter too.

I'm glad pretty much everyone realises what he did for us and he's a members/fan favourite.

Just a shame about the strong negative opinions he copped on this forum which is the only place out of many I have read anything negative re Bryson......

Anyhow he always rose above and accepted the challenge and he will be greatly and sorely missed.....

I can't thank him enough for his service too us!!!!
Couldn't agree more mate!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm definitely apart of those negative opinions but I also have a lot of positive things to say about the man. Goodwin was a solid first grader who you could always rely on to do his job. He's not flashy and he's not genetically gifted. He is a hard working footy player who you'd be happy to see next to you on the field. I definitely wouldn't of minded if Goodwin went around another year but I also think Souths have to look to the future and Goodwin is catching on now. All that Souths need to do now is make sure there is somebody that can fill his shoes.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but:

- top 5 metre gainers for us this season Bryson was 5th.

- top 5 line breakers Bryson was equal third with Angus....

To those saying we won't miss Bryson I think you are kidding yourselves and haven't watched our games.........

He will be sorely missed............

Latest posts