What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Player of 2007

Souths Player of 2007

• Total voters

Dave Q

Coach
At this moment in space and time, I couldnt go past Kidwell.

He is the best player we have at the moment by a couple of lengths.

When we procured him he was a good solid forward, now I think he is truly amongst what I call the "elite".

At the moment, even if he played to 75% of his ability, he would be better than most players in the game.

If you analyse the sides packs next year, where across the board, I dont see a significant strengthening of the field, I think its fair comment to say that on paper, Souths would be positioned towards the upper end of the group.

For opposing sides, both Asotasi and Kidwell are amongst that group of players who genuinely bring fear to the heart. One tackle from either of them can end a career, and it can be done legally too. As a result, together they will create havoc and panic in the minds of opposing forwards. Backs from other sides will get a lump to the throat just watching them run on!

They can easily take on Australia's best and get over them, let alone a club side.

For many of our backs, it will their first opportunity to play with such elite forwards. So I expect Hegarty will really push on in 2007. He has better forwards with us than he had at the Roosters where he was absolutely explosive and one of the first players picked for rep sides. And he's one of our lessor lights too!

God only knows how well Sutton will play. Hes been patient, its reward-time for his loyalty. He's definately origin-bound, probably this year. I saw him beat 6 Cronulla players in 2005. He did it so effortlessly too. He glided through them like the Australian bowlers do to the luckless Poms! I will never forget it.

Bring it on.

Collateral

Coach
I went with Kidwell also, as he has some great experience and is a very comitted player. Should not only lead well on and off the field, but should add some go foward and punishment in defence.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Peach....

His talk in defence and unpredicability should win you guys some games.

That said forwards will need to go forward first.

Zigwaa

Bench
It's gotta be the Peach. He made such a difference in the games he played in last season. A classy ball playing full-back is priceless.

Closely followed by John Sutton.

Latest posts