What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs Eels Rd 12

Rabbit toes

First Grade
A few points.

Farah to 5/8 isn't ideal but after last night I think Cody needs to go back there and AJ to fullback.
Fui's debut start was mixed but still good. Runs well. If AJ goes to fullback again Fui stays in the centres and either Burns or Goodwin ( returning from his ouchy) to the wing.
Musgrove and Chricton played amazingly well. They're the future making the twins look like schoolboys.
Cook -> Bears bring in another forward, (Murray) or even give dietz a crack if we must have 2 hookers.
Turner to Prop again with Tom starting seems to reap more rewards as well

Watching the game this morning, slightly dusty from last night I was bummed but not surprised. He game against the storm tapped the team hard and it showed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the problem, Farah is getting in the way, NSW lost when he was hooker, the tigers lost with him at hooker and now Souths are losing with him at hooker.
Tigers won more games and a premiership with him at hooker.

Farah will always take over if his 7 is struggling.

If Farah is involved too mych its a sign your halfback is busted

greg jay

Juniors
Team will not rebound until Maguire is gone. Lets face it the dude inherited a rich roster built up over several seasons. He has subsequently gutted the team of its game breakers and young studs. Maguire is a bonehead stubborn coach with little creativity. Why does this team only attack when the game is done??? He has two high flying wingers capable of scoring consistently who rarely get the ball in open spaces. Reynolds looks half dead and carrying too much weight while the Burgess Clan desperately need to be broken up. Commentators now express surprise that a Burgess has not fumbled for 10 minutes!!! What has Maguire as Head Coach done to ameliorate this?? Its the same old tired post match lines and the same old tired mistake riddled performances.

doyen

Bench
It must be so damn frustrating watching Souths play of late.

Sometimes you can just tell when they will stink the joint out within the first 20 minutes. And with the Roster they have, there's no explaining it or justifying it.

Only one other side apart from Souths has burnt out and faded away as quickly and meekly after winning a premiership and that's the Wests Tigers.

Attack looks unimaginative and ineffective. It's not Inglis, or Reynolds. It's the way the side is coached.

Maguire lacks that ability that great coaches have: the ability to adapt and evolve.

I think he's the biggest issue and should be moved on. Go after Toovey for next year in my opinion.

I agree with all you say here.
Madge has outlived his stay at Sths---his presence is more destructive now than constructive.

He would be better at a club like the Knights where his highly-disciplined,over-structured,dour approach may be more productive & appreciated.
I noticed some of the commentators are asking for Madge's Plan B but I don't think at present there is even a Plan A!!!

doyen

Bench
Team will not rebound until Maguire is gone. Lets face it the dude inherited a rich roster built up over several seasons. He has subsequently gutted the team of its game breakers and young studs. Maguire is a bonehead stubborn coach with little creativity. Why does this team only attack when the game is done??? He has two high flying wingers capable of scoring consistently who rarely get the ball in open spaces. Reynolds looks half dead and carrying too much weight while the Burgess Clan desperately need to be broken up. Commentators now express surprise that a Burgess has not fumbled for 10 minutes!!! What has Maguire as Head Coach done to ameliorate this?? Its the same old tired post match lines and the same old tired mistake riddled performances.

I can't help admitting that you are totally correct!! Madge has been our biggest problem for a couple of years now--------he must completely lack any creativity----you can hear it in his interviews,he never has anything new to offer--a total bore!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I agree with all you say here.
Madge has outlived his stay at Sths---his presence is more destructive now than constructive.

He would be better at a club like the Knights where his highly-disciplined,over-structured,dour approach may be more productive & appreciated.
I noticed some of the commentators are asking for Madge's Plan B but I don't think at present there is even a Plan A!!!

Same commentators that were screaming for cook to come on?

CAFPOW

Juniors
Same commentators that were screaming for cook to come on?

Telecrap reported fans in front of the coaches box gave Madge a sarcastic applause when he put Cook on the field. I did not watch the game knowing it's not good for my health, but I also read Farah did not do anything wrong. Who did Cook replace? "Captain injury" Reynolds? Old man Sutton? Or Cody "I want an upgrade or I will walk out" Walker?

callmack1

Staff member
Did you guy see Madge give the boys a spray after the game? I thought it was good. He stromed out in front of Rusty and everyone just sat there in stunned scilence. It was actually good to see Madge give them a spray and it was warrented.

Goodwin was also in the background with crutchers which confirms he is injured and hasn't just been dropped.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Telecrap reported fans in front of the coaches box gave Madge a sarcastic applause when he put Cook on the field. I did not watch the game knowing it's not good for my health, but I also read Farah did not do anything wrong. Who did Cook replace? "Captain injury" Reynolds? Old man Sutton? Or Cody "I want an upgrade or I will walk out" Walker?

Farah was playing really well. But even when Farah plays well he doesn't get the boys moving like cook does. It was no coincidence that when cook gets on the field the team lifted. cook came on in the 65th minute for Farah I believe. The fans love cook because they know his a great player. If he came on earlier it could of been an earlier momentum shift.. most of our forwards bar gurgess, Crichton and Surgess were statistically poor. People praise musgrove but he wasn't much better than Rochow. Cherrington got a HIA. Fui played well but Goodwin was still missed. Fui needs to start in the second row.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long ago was that premiership?
exactly my point. Souths should make changes before they go on a dismal drought like the Tigers.

Surely the 40 odd year premiership drought for the Bunnies should have taught them that things need to change if you want different results

CAFPOW

Juniors
Did you guy see Madge give the boys a spray after the game? I thought it was good. He stromed out in front of Rusty and everyone just sat there in stunned scilence. It was actually good to see Madge give them a spray and it was warrented.

Goodwin was also in the background with crutchers which confirms he is injured and hasn't just been dropped.

Good on Madge for doing that. I hope he's no longer Mr Nice Guy.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Farah was playing really well. But even when Farah plays well he doesn't get the boys moving like cook does. It was no coincidence that when cook gets on the field the team lifted. cook came on in the 65th minute for Farah I believe. The fans love cook because they know his a great player. If he came on earlier it could of been an earlier momentum shift.. most of our forwards bar gurgess, Crichton and Surgess were statistically poor. People praise musgrove but he wasn't much better than Rochow. Cherrington got a HIA. Fui played well but Goodwin was still missed. Fui needs to start in the second row.

Damn. Looks like we went from bad to worse and then some last night.

doyen

Bench

It's not a co-incidence that a fresh Cook looks fast compared to the rest as they have been thrashing their bodies for 65 mins. & are completely buggered!
As a fresh player at the 65th min.; COOK;this so-called beach-sprint champion,should be cutting this buggered opposition to pieces. But he is NOT!! I really think he's a very "poor-man's" Issac Luke---he lacks that necessary toughness & smarts that Farah has!! And even when he's on against very tired opposition,with all in his favour, he rarely takes on the line or makes a break

southsport

First Grade
exactly my point. Souths should make changes before they go on a dismal drought like the Tigers.

Surely the 40 odd year premiership drought for the Bunnies should have taught them that things need to change if you want different results

Tell it to Madge, he's got the players that he wanted.

southsport

First Grade

I thought the service that Farah was giving out forwards was making them easy targets for the defense.