What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish News

latingringo101

Juniors
I know its a cliche but the Spanish RL really has come leaps and bounds over the last 3 years. The domestic and national team set up in the country is amazing. Plus to have 350 people to a final is better than some crowds you get to A Grade finals here in Sydney.

The pitch and quality of the game looked first class. Well done to them!

Nuke

Staff member
And there's going to be more news announced soon too. I won't say what it is, but it involves a concept that works well in Australia.

Nuke

Staff member
Haha!
Off-topic, but the lure of playing State Of Origin (and the money involved to those who play it and for Australia) seem to be the deciding factors in players choosing Australia over their own nations. Australia doesn't actively seek out players from other nations. As an Aussie, it disappoints me to see players choosing another nation other than their own. If I was from somewhere else, I'd be proud as anything to represent my country, and wouldn't decide to play for someone else just because the international eligibility laws say I could. I know I'm a dying breed of loyalty, though.

But, back on topic : Go Spain!

Nuke

Staff member
I wasn't going to say anymore, but I see España Rugby League have posted the logo on their Facebook page with a 'details coming soon' notice.

State%20Of%20Origin%20Espantildea%20logotipo.jpg

West (red with green) vs East (yellow with blue).

I don't exactly know where the boundaries are, so where 'west' is and where 'east' is based, I guess we'll find out later on.
It's another step forward for the new Spanish League, in my opinion. I hope it's well supported and makes their competition and national team stronger.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm not actually too sure. That's just what I was asked to put in there!! Perhaps it's a recognisable name for what it is?

By the way, thanks regarding the logo. I am quite proud of it myself..!

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I'm not actually too sure. That's just what I was asked to put in there!! Perhaps it's a recognisable name for what it is?

The french tend to refer to it as "state of origin" so I guess it is the same in Spain. A bit like the Superbowl or El Clasico.