What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special One losing control?

Big Sam

First Grade
First came criticism of the entire season (Luiz):
"You can say it is a shit season if you don't have trophies in a season at a big club"

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/304415.html

Then came a depiction of Mourinho as a regressive tactician (Hazard):

Now we have Mourinho the "fool" (Eto'o):
"Today, I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/05/15/etoo-hits-back-fool-mourinho

Keeping a tight grip on players' massive egos has been a hallmark of Mourinho's success but that is clearly fading. The players have seen through the mind games and aren't afraid to express their opinion. As a result he has had his worst season in a decade.

Are there any players (other than the veteran fanboys) at Chelsea who enjoy playing for their coach like Liverpool and City players do?

Haffa

:lol:

Of the First choice players Cahill, Dave, Willian, Oscar, Ramires, Matic, Bran have had decent seasons under him.

Lamps and JT seem to enjoy playing for him, but based on your criteria I can't use them.

I look forward to bumping this next season.

saint.nick

Coach

Of the First choice players Cahill, Dave, Willian, Oscar, Ramires, Matic, Bran have had decent seasons under him.

Lamps and JT seem to enjoy playing for him, but based on your criteria I can't use them.

:lol: What happened to potential PFA player of the year Hazard?

If they were below decent, then you'd be maybe 5th? They're expected to be decent regardless of their manager.

VictoryFC

Bench
Etoo said that because hes gone anyway. Etoo said nothing when he was with the team when it happened, and made fun of it with the celebration. Luiz quote to me isnt criticism of him at all.

Hazard was the only damaging one, and Mou ripped into him. Also plausible, but unlikely, that Hazard will be head hunted by PSG. Im still not convinced he wont leave.

Haffa

:lol: What happened to potential PFA player of the year Hazard?

If they were below decent, then you'd be maybe 5th? They're expected to be decent regardless of their manager.

He was used in Sam's argument, not bored enough to argue Hazard's comments again..

I don't follow..what's the point you're making?

saint.nick

Coach
Has absolutely nothing to do with comments Hazard made anyway. I just find it funny you excluded him from a list of first-team players who had a decent season.
My point is that Jose was nothing particularly impressive this year just because most of his starting squad played well. Also that you don't need to be absolutely enjoying what you're doing to be good at it either. IMO, I doubt that great attacking players such as Willian were a fan of parking the bus against shit defensive teams like Liverpool.

Haffa

Eden was superb, along with Dave, JT, Cahill were our best this season.

IMO, I thought it was a decent season and we exceeded my expectations. We played the year with a garbage strikeforce, half a season with presense in midfield and still made the semi-finals of the champions League and finished 4 points off top.
Anyone paying attention this season knows how we played in the second half of the season was due precisely because Jose wanted to improve our style of play but didn't feel he had the players to do that and remain competitive. So he changed for the second half of the season, got our defensive block solid, before next season improving the squad and playing a higher block, which he said he wanted us to ultimately play (Probably the reverse of what rodgers wants to do, again because of the personnel available).

People tend to forget our poor form at the latter part of November and December, Jose's comments about needing to sacrifice some of the more adventurous play to ensure the minimum goals were achieved.

The squad is, and was thin, dramatically so when compared to both Jose's and Carlo's title winning squads. We also have a new major competitor in Man City to contend with in terms of both the league and transfer targets. The operating environment has evolved and will continue to do so as long as the revenues and commercial rewards continue to be as high as they are now. Expect further super-rich entities to enter the scene. Winning the Premier League and Champions League titles is going to get tougher and tougher.

Did he piss a few players off? I'm sure he did. Did he improve others? Absolutely.

Is he perfect? Nope, I felt we needed to strengthen in holding midfield and up front and we went in with an unbalanced squad. It was probably Nov and Dec that cost us the League more so than April. Lakaku could have helped and I felt the loan was wrong. He probably thought United would fold and sell Rooney too which didn't help out transfer window.

saint.nick

Coach
To be honest, before the season started I thought that Chelsea were going to win it. I only stopped believing so around 9-10 weeks ago.

Jimbo

Immortal
To be honest, before the season started I thought that Chelsea were going to win it. I only stopped believing so around 9-10 weeks ago.

Hardly the first time you've been wrong about Chelsea nick

I rather doubt it will be the last...

Jimbo

Immortal

Rumours of a crisis at Chelsea continue to be greatly exaggerated

Big Sam

First Grade
If the Special One hadn't lost control of the dressing room, why is he bringing back one of his staunchest supporters in Drogba?

Haffa

He's bringing back Leadership. Which we lack, outside of Terry and Cech our captain options are very limited with Lamps and Ash gone.

Cahill may be the next captain but he's not vocal enough.

Haffa

Welcome to 5 years ago, Sam.

Before Bucky raised the bar on how to dive and cheat

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Like Mou's thinly veiled go at united over signing Shaw. Said if he had given into the demands of a 19 year old wanting 120k a week as well as forking out £33million, he would've lost the dressing room. Let the mind games begin haha. Can't wait for his Wenger trolling to start.

C'mon now Haff, surely Mr Costa is gonna bring the Dive back now Dracula has left for Barca ;-)

Haffa

I'm excited by Costa's niggle. Sam will be sculling the Hateraide by the gallon.