Sport Accord recognition

Discussion in 'International' started by Lockyer4President!, Apr 14, 2016.

1. miguel de cervantes

miguel de cervantes First Grade

Please dig up previous iterations of the statutes and see if these conditions are recent additions.

Even if they aren't it is almost certain that union has cited them when questionning the inclusion of league at the last meeting, these are what the little talks were about.

2. miguel de cervantes

miguel de cervantes First Grade

A written declaration from who? We *have* written declartions from SARU for example stating that the two sports are different. Surely that is sufficient.

[QUOTE="adamkungl, post: 12337144, member: 10595"]
    'a list of its Member National Federations (where applicable), grouped by continents, which must count: :black_small_square: for summer sports, at least 40 (forty) active Member Federations from at least 3 (three) continents; :black_small_square: for winter sports, at least 25 (twenty-five) active Member Federations from at least 2 (two) continents. Only those sports which are practised on snow and ice are considered as winter sports'
    [/QUOTE]

There are only 31 members of the Federacion Internacional de Pelota Vasco:

http://fipv.net/index.php/es/paises

3. ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL Moderator Staff Member

How about telling em to f off and stick their illuminated group-cause-gang up their arse, we have survived this long without the inbred ideas and ideals of a few born to rule tossers, so why bother now when the hoops are being tightened daily? Just bite the bullet and do it the way it has always needed doing, some elbow grease and some honest hard bloody work in the very communities where all sports should start, the bloody grass roots, once it starts, it's very hard to stop any code. Let these upper class F wits that love to divide rule and conquer, continue doing the fine upstanding job they have been doing lately esp with sports like Union LOL.

roughyedspud likes this.
  4. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Surely by "rivalry" they mean conflicting bodies claiming governance over the same sport. So it really just comes back to the same old matter of RL not being recognised as a different sport, not that it's a sport with a rivalry with union.

But even if it can be clearly shown that they're two different sports, the 40 country minimum will be an issue until we legitimately have (preferably more than) 40 countries playing.

5. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Apparently this shit is important for funding, ground access, insurance, etc.
    But yeah sounds like a shit show no disagreement there.

6. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

That hasn't convinced the SA government, obviously.

7. siv

siv Juniors

Where does the 40 country limit come from ?

I am not aware of 40 countries playing Gridiron

8. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

It wouldnt stop Union from trying, but it will make it a whole lot harder for them to convince the 3rd parties like the Sport Accord.

If a computer company came out calling itself "Apples", would anyone believe they were anything more than a cheap copy of the original. If a product has stolen the branding from a competitor and is riding their tailcoat, its not that hard to demonstrate a conflict.

Union is full of merkins, but i dont blame the Sports Accord for noticing conflicts and problems with our claim...

Again, our sport has the same name as a close competitor, you are begging for this kind of trouble...

9. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Depends what you mean by "playing"...

There are +70 countries attached to the IFAF. Is that sufficient or do they need to be Pro/Semi-Pro

10. siv

siv Juniors

Thats my question

What are the rules ?