What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sportsunlimited is alive!

L

legend

Sportsunlimited is alive at www.sportsunlimited.com.au and we are looking for people to assist with the new site.

It's only early on but when we first started over four years ago, we started as Sportsunlimited and we think it's time to give it another go.

C

CanadianSteve

You could've all just come here :cool:, but ok, good luck with it. :D

C

CanadianSteve

Legend, maybe you should add a link in the Links section.

C

CanadianSteve

So far this post by Legend has attracted Bender and me to SU. To all the many lurkers here: go ahead and give SU a try, it's got the potential to be another LWOS.

L

legend

Sportsunlimited has taken flight with 86 members now and just under 4000 posts and gorwng fast. There have been 25 new members in the past week alone and I agree Steve, it does have the potential to be another LWOS, just with a few more features.

http://www.sportsunlimited.com.au

L

legend

That's a pretty good idea Bender. If I only knew how to create another forum on SU...

Nah, leave it with me and we'll get one up and running but it won't have the rich tapestries of LWOS for another few years unfortunately.

Benderparma

Juniors
SU seems to have slowed back down a bit lately. Reminds me a lot of TFR, before the great WORLvsHadley feud. Still, so long as things steadily build up, it will be good. It does seem to have decent potential.

C

CanadianSteve

What was the WORL vs. Hadley feud? Was that a feud that brought a horde of new members to TFR?

C

CanadianSteve

Haven't checked in at SU or LU for a long time. Has SU picked up at all?

I assume TFR is still busy?

Benderparma

Juniors
Steve, the WORL vs Hadley feud was when WORL closed down completely for a month or so because Hadley had apparently threatened to sue them for derogatory comments made on the website. For a while there was going to be no Grandstand and allGrandstand posters moved straight over to TFR. When Grandstand came back, some moved back but most stayed at TFR, as the discussion had been kickstarted. Willow and others often point out the that LU front page regularly had more hits than WORL and it was only a matter of time before LU took over as the no1 site. But, before that feud, LU was really struggling, much like SU currently seems to be.

I am not sure what will happen with SU. It is struggling to get the content. My personal opinion is that they need to forget about copying the LU format and take away all of the sports bars for a while and operate solely under the LWOS view all topics formats. i think this would help them increase interation between the forums they have on there.

C

CanadianSteve

I agree with your last point Bender. From memory, SU has a section for each sport including North American sports, and most of them get little activity. If they combined into 2 or 3 sections, or all topics as you suggest, it might help.

All Topics viewing is what I miss most about LWOS in its heyday. It was just the right size, a real community. I hung in at TFR for a long while, but it was just too big, especially after the Hadley affair. You had to pick 1 or 2 sections and frequent them only to get the community feel. I haven't checked in there for a long time now, I assume it's still busy and going strong.