What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Alex Twirl go bye byes:

Utility: Gutherson, Hoffman, Nelson, Smith, Takairangi
Fullback: French
W/C: Auva'a, Davis, Faraimo, Folau, G.Jennings, M.Jennings, Radradra, Schulte, Tuha
Half: Dargan, Moses, Norman, Robson
Hooker: De Gois, King, K. Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Morris, Niukore, F. Pritchard, Scott, Tanginoa, Woods
Tight forward: Alvaro, Brown, Mannah, Matagi, O'Brien, Terepo, Ualesi, Vave

Utility: Gutherson, Hoffman, Takairangi
W/C: M.Jennings
Half: Moses, Norman
Hooker: De Gois, K. Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Ma'u, Moeroa, Morris, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Brown, Evans, Mannah, Matagi, Vave

Hooker: -
Edge forward: Edwards, Ma'u, Moeroa
Tight forward: Evans, Mannah

Utility: -
Fullback: -
W/C: -
Half: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Evans

So we STILL officially have at least 20 merkins in next year's squad.

Edit: FFS Hasson!

Last edited:
Alex Twirl go bye byes:

Utility: Gutherson, Hoffman, Nelson, Smith, Takairangi
W/C: Auva'a, Davis, Faraimo, Folau, G.Jennings, M.Jennings, Radradra, Schulte, Tuha
Half: Dargan, Moses, Norman, Robson
Hooker: De Gois, King, K. Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Morris, Niukore, F. Pritchard, Scott, Tanginoa, Woods
Tight forward: Alvaro, Brown, Hasson, Mannah, Matagi, O'Brien, Terepo, Ualesi, Vave

Hooker: De Gois, K. Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Ma'u, Moeroa, Morris, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Brown, Evans, Mannah, Matagi, Vave

Edge forward: Edwards, Ma'u, Moeroa
Tight forward: Evans, Mannah

Utility: -
Fullback: -
W/C: -
Half: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Evans

So we STILL officially have at least 20 merkins in next year's squad.
Alex go Tigpies, not bye byes.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
20 committed (obvious ?? Kritchard, IDG) almost certain Robson and Fritchard are done this year, means there is 22 to be re-signed / replaced.

I supposed 10 of the unsigned are easily re-signings (my guess) Nelson, Smith, Auva'a, Farimo, Gennings, Tuha, Dargan, Nuikore, O'Brien, Terepo.

12 new faces to the 40-41 squad

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
20 committed (obvious ?? Kritchard, IDG) almost certain Robson and Fritchard are done this year, means there is 22 to be re-signed / replaced.

I supposed 10 of the unsigned are easily re-signings (my guess) Nelson, Smith, Auva'a, Farimo, Gennings, Tuha, Dargan, Nuikore, O'Brien, Terepo.

12 new faces to the 40-41 squad

From the little information out there it's going to be a top 30 squad, no more players are able to be signed by the club.

I'm not sure what this does for the 20's if they'll have to be contracted to the main club or the reserve club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
From the little information out there it's going to be a top 30 squad, no more players are able to be signed by the club.

I'm not sure what this does for the 20's if they'll have to be contracted to the main club or the reserve club.

yep - and additional 5 junior players on top of that 30.

I'm hearing whispers that there will be a state comp at under 20 levels with junior clubs aligned to their NRL club as it at state cup level now, so wenty will be fielding an under 20's and reserve grade team and their respective comps

also, its an absolute disgrace that the NRL have yet to officially put forward a plan for cap figure, squad numbers and what's happening in the 20's...the 18 season is about 9 to 10 months away and a strategy plan for 2018 is not even in place. what a joke but not surprised.

Chipmunk

Coach

I'm hearing whispers that there will be a state comp at under 20 levels with junior clubs aligned to their NRL club as it at state cup level now, so wenty will be fielding an under 20's and reserve grade team and their respective comps

also, its an absolute disgrace that the NRL have yet to officially put forward a plan for cap figure, squad numbers and what's happening in the 20's...the 18 season is about 9 to 10 months away and a strategy plan for 2018 is not even in place. what a joke but not surprised.

Have they said that you can't sign more than 30 players (outside of these development players) or is the 30 players just an increase in the Top 25 from 25 to 30?

Also, do they eventually plan to move the Matthews and Balls teams to State Cup Level? It seems ridiculous that you would have teams in the 16 and 18 level associated with an NRL Team, then Under 20's and Reserve Grade they become associated with the NSWRL Team

Bazal

Post Whore

It's absolutely ridiculous that no one knows what's going on and honestly it should bring about a big change at the top in NRL administration...it's not good enough and blokes like Greenburg should be embarrassed.

As a side note, I miss the old reserve grade days....three games of footy of an afternoon was great, I always loved watching the lower grades go around.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Have they said that you can't sign more than 30 players (outside of these development players) or is the 30 players just an increase in the Top 25 from 25 to 30?

Also, do they eventually plan to move the Matthews and Balls teams to State Cup Level? It seems ridiculous that you would have teams in the 16 and 18 level associated with an NRL Team, then Under 20's and Reserve Grade they become associated with the NSWRL Team

the NRL have said to clubs to work within a 9.1mill guideline and have a squad of 30 with an additional 5 elite under 20's in that squad ( 35 man squad )

but nothing official as yet....

Gronk

Staff member
It's absolutely ridiculous that no one knows what's going on and honestly it should bring about a big change at the top in NRL administration...it's not good enough and blokes like Greenburg should be embarrassed.

As a side note, I miss the old reserve grade days....three games of footy of an afternoon was great, I always loved watching the lower grades go around.

Yep we are a shambles. No set cap for next year either. Rugby are worse, they are chopping a team next year and still haven't worked out who or how.

Meanwhile the AFL sorted their collective bargaining agreement out yesterday and av player salary in 2020 will be $400k+.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep we are a shambles. No set cap for next year either. Rugby are worse, they are chopping a team next year and still haven't worked out who or how.

Meanwhile the AFL sorted their collective bargaining agreement out yesterday and av player salary in 2020 will be $400k+.

At least with the rugby they have an excuse, there are essentially six governing bodies fighting over the future make-up of the competition...we've just got the one that's apparently sitting on its' hands and doing absolutely nothing...