What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gennings, Niukore and Terepo have profiles on the official site while Jack Morris has been removed despite having a year to run. He did finish the year in RM Cup.

Utility: Gutherson, Salmon, Smith (26), Takairangi
Fullback: French
W/C: Aukafolau (21), Auva'a (26), Davis (23), Hoffman, G.Jennings (25), M.Jennings, Leleisiuao (21)
Half: Moses, Norman
Hooker: King (27), K. Pritchard (24)
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower (33), Ma'u, Moeroa, Niukore (22), Scott (34), Stone (21)
Tight forward: Alvaro (25), Brown (25), Evans, Mannah, Matagi (30), Terepo (27), Vave (29)

Utility: Gutherson (25), Salmon, Takairangi (30)
Fullback: French (23)
W/C: Hoffman (31), M.Jennings (31)
Half: Moses (25), Norman (28)
Hooker: -
Edge forward: Edwards (30), Ma'u (31), Moeroa (24)
Tight forward: Evans, Mannah (31)

Utility: Salmon (21)
Fullback: -
W/C: -
Half: -
Hooker: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Evans (28)

So we (officially) have at least 30 merkins in next year's squad.
BA sorted that Morris merkin right out.

Chipmunk

Coach
^^^

The Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club Pty Limited would today like to announce the signing of five-eighth Jaeman Salmon, on a 3 year contract until the end of the 2020 season.

Salmon, who was part of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks NYC side in 2017 was also an U16s & U18s NSW Origin representative.

Eels NYC players Greg Leleisiuao, Dane Aukafolau and Ray Stone have also been elevated into the Eels squad in 2018.

Head of Recruitment & Retention Peter Sharp said, “Jaeman is a very exciting youngster who will enhance our already elite program and flourish under Brad Arthur.”

“Greg, Dane and Ray all graduated from our U20’s Grand Final NYC Squad and will all be great additions to an already strong Eels side."

I wonder if any of these guys are on the so-called "development" player contracts outside of the Top 30? No one has really explained how that will actually work.

strider

Post Whore
I wonder if any of these guys are on the so-called "development" player contracts outside of the Top 30? No one has really explained how that will actually work.
Do those development players have to be under a certain age?

Chipmunk

Coach
Do those development players have to be under a certain age?

That's what I mean, no one has really explained that. Well, not that I've seen anyway.

The link to this article says you get "3 to 6 players" on $60k outside of your Top 30. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/f0df6d12605113f2a69e0faf96b7e7f8

I'm lost to know why it's 3 to 6...surely you'd just sign 6.

This article indicates that they can't really be considered for NRL though
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/b141b5254b13d6e73996670fe100000d

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
The age restriction for the 6 development players is pretty generous I believe. Somewhere in the mid-20s if I recall correctly. You can potentially stash a Kenny Edwards or Manu Ma'u type player there if fortune falls your way.

Gronk

Staff member
Photos of yesterdays training session showed T Rex in Eels training gear

They let someone's dad train with them too.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The age restriction for the 6 development players is pretty generous I believe. Somewhere in the mid-20s if I recall correctly. You can potentially stash a Kenny Edwards or Manu Ma'u type player there if fortune falls your way.
Some dude on a different Eels site seemed to have some info about the dev spots. Minimum two year contract, $60k, player can be no older than 22 when the contract ends.

I dunno if he’s right but I’ll believe anyone if they’re confident.

Bazal

Post Whore
Some dude on a different Eels site seemed to have some info about the dev spots. Minimum two year contract, $60k, player can be no older than 22 when the contract ends.

I dunno if he’s right but I’ll believe anyone if they’re confident.

I'm confident that other guy is wrong.