What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Chipmunk

Coach
We should be able to get that current 15 signed up for 2019 down to 13 by seasons end.

Norman won't be able to keep himself out of trouble and we can punt him.

French really should be in a place where he can play fullback. That's not here. He's useless to anyone, including himself on the wing for us, so he should be told he's welcome to look elsewhere. Someone will pay his full freight and give him a gig to play fullback.

That's 16-17 spots open for 2019. 5-6 NRL players and the rest on minimum should get us a premership contender if we're smart with our recruitment.

eels_fan

First Grade
French really should be in a place where he can play fullback. That's not here. He's useless to anyone, including himself on the wing for us, so he should be told he's welcome to look elsewhere. Someone will pay his full freight and give him a gig to play fullback.

Surely anyone who has watched an NRL game in their life can see French is not and will likely never be a fullback on the modern game. He lacks the size to return the ball with any conviction, is defensively weak one on one and isn’t particularly great at injecting himself into games

Chipmunk

Coach
Surely anyone who has watched an NRL game in their life can see French is not and will likely never be a fullback on the modern game. He lacks the size to return the ball with any conviction, is defensively weak one on one and isn’t particularly great at injecting himself into games

As I said in the "Beven French" thread, my suggestion is Super League.

Is he any different to Dufty from the Dragons though?

He lacks confidence for mine, which I'm not surprised the way he has been played. We've told him he can't run the ball back on the wing nor be the fullback on set plays (we had The Plane doing that the first two weeks). I've got no idea what his role is supposed to be. I'm not even sure he does. Just put him out of his misery and let him go.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What you have said makes him an even bigger liability on the wing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should be able to get that current 15 signed up for 2019 down to 13 by seasons end.

Norman won't be able to keep himself out of trouble and we can punt him.

That's 16-17 spots open for 2019. 5-6 NRL players and the rest on minimum should get us a premership contender if we're smart with our recruitment.

If we release Norman probably better to keep French, doubt he is on huge money and provides cover for fullback consider there wouId be a good chance Gutherson may play in the halves without norman here.

lingard

Coach
elsewhere.

If we're smart with our recruitment. That's a pretty big IF.