What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sri Lanka tour of India 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez, Kohli's called it. Probably the right move, Sri Lanka did beautifully to save the game, but not something I personally expected

vvvrulz

Coach
First ODI under way, no Kohli.

Sri Lanka off in style with two good uses of DRS, India 2/2 with Captain Rohit gone for 2.
Love seeing that overrated bastard go cheap.

Time to ban the DRS again.

Iafeta

Referee
Those on field decisions were awful. Both were clearly out. Simon Fry is another off the production lines of poor umpires.

Karthik looking good. 0 off 17 thus far. India going at less than a run an over. Settling in until tea I guess.

Iafeta

Referee
Hahahaha. Karthik tried bullying his partner into allowing him to use DRS. Another fairly clear LBW. Finally got him to give him but after like 30 seconds. 0 off 18. Great ODI innings that.

vvvrulz

Coach
Hahahaha. Karthik tried bullying his partner into allowing him to use DRS. Another fairly clear LBW. Finally got him to give him but after like 30 seconds. 0 off 18. Great ODI innings that.

I don't mind Karthik, good promising batting keeper especially in test matches, except that overrated fossil Dhoni refused to budge - ironically it was he who weeded out older 'unfit' players.

Karthik is way past it now though.

vvvrulz

Coach
Manish Pandey out there now, I rate this young man and he's deserved more of a career than he's got so far.

Iafeta

Referee
In fairness to Team India, this wicket is extremely tough. Seaming both ways like they're facing Warne at 135 clicks, and the odd one shooting through low. It's swinging around too. Good luck. Modern bats aren't used to this.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wow about time they had to deal with some genuine seam.

Just look at their techniques, they're not getting forward because they're expecting to stomp their front foot down predicting the pitch of the ball exactly. Now all they can do is hang back and poke nervously.

McGrath would have had these guys for lunch.

Iafeta

Referee
Lakmal is a highly improved operator. I think Dohni has somewhat of the right idea. Get down the wicket. The difficulty is aside from the sideways movement it is also skidding and occasionally taking off. Got to be very good to get runs here.

Iafeta

Referee
6 for 28. The techniques are getting a serious working over. That said, that dismissal was ordinary from Pandiya. He looks the type of flat track bully bat that India seem to thrive on, and then they cry murder when they get a testing wicket that requires a sound technique and patience.

vvvrulz

Coach
6 for 28. The techniques are getting a serious working over. That said, that dismissal was ordinary from Pandiya. He looks the type of flat track bully bat that India seem to thrive on, and then they cry murder when they get a testing wicket that requires a sound technique and patience.

Pandya is a real hack - bashed some quick runs and is now heralded a rising star without earning the stripes.

India's Mitch Marsh.

vvvrulz

Coach
Dhoni, not one I give much credit, showed good awareness there to get his bat back in the middle of a vociferous lbw appeal. Seen plenty of lazy buggers get run out in situations like that.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Love this cricket stadium.

Looks like a full house - the town isn't even that big.

Only in India could you put a cricket stadium in some small picturesque mountain town and sell all the tickets.

According to wikipedia - pop of town is 56k. Stadium capacity 23k.

And it regularly sells out!

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Dhoni, not one I give much credit, showed good awareness there to get his bat back in the middle of a vociferous lbw appeal. Seen plenty of lazy buggers get run out in situations like that.

He made eating that banana with peel, with bat in hand and batting gloves on both hands look easy too.

vvvrulz

Coach
Oops, Kuldeep stumped with foot on the line, school boy error.

What a shame because he was digging in here.