What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Chain Trivia

big pat

Coach
sorry didn't mean to go off, its just some of us were having a bit with this, then some f**kwit comes in and doesn't play by the rules.

Gippsy

Bench
There ya go, didn't know about Mcgregor.

OK, who am I?

Frank Facer included me as Gasniers centre partner in his greatest ever Saints team, and I played in one premiership winning side.

Acka

Coach

OK, who am I?

Frank Facer included me as Gasniers centre partner in his greatest ever Saints team, and I played in one premiership winning side.

I'll take an each way bet with this one. It is either John Stathers or John Riley. I've probably gotten this one totally wrong.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

OK, who am I?

I'll hazard a guess and say Jack Lindwall.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I vaguely recall Facer giving Johnny Hawke big wraps. But he played in the halves.

The only other player I can think of is Herb Gilbert Snr - the best centre in his day. But he played a generation before Lindwall.

His son, Herb Gilbert Jnr played with Lindwall though (but he was a hooker).

big pat

Coach
i know i will get shot down for this, but this thread was meant to be a bit of fun, but asking questions about guys some of us have never heard of from the 30s is getting a bit much, i'm sure a lot more people would be interested, if we could ask questions from the eighties and nighties, they're a lot of young people on here, who may have a go, anyway just my take on things, insult me as much as you like i've heard most of them anyway.

Acka

Coach
i know i will get shot down for this, but this thread was meant to be a bit of fun, but asking questions about guys some of us have never heard of from the 30s is getting a bit much, i'm sure a lot more people would be interested, if we could ask questions from the eighties and nighties, they're a lot of young people on here, who may have a go, anyway just my take on things, insult me as much as you like i've heard most of them anyway.

But its good to get Willow involved

Smithtown

Coach

OK, who am I?

I'll have a crack and say Matt McCoy

Smithtown

Coach

The history of this Club is one of the many reasons the fans become the most passionate of League supporters. Along with Souths, there aren't any other Clubs who can match it.

Nothing stopping anyone from any age delving back, looking into and learning from the massive and rich amount of history the Club has to offer - they will be the better for it.