What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Dragons Results From The Touch Day!

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Well, what a big difference a tosser bunch of Manly supporters can do to a touch day. We made the trip to Richie Benaud Oval at North Parramatta to see if we could bring home the Kotrokanis cup.

Saints Started the day off with a match up against Manly. Manly who were mouthing off at refs trying to stir us and trying to fight people got on top early. But with some new recruits on the park we came back to make it 5-5. Manly then scored in the next set and wasted time down until the game was over. FINAL SCORE: 6-5 MANLY

The next match after a monster break was against the Wests Tigers. The Westies were out in force to try and bring down the mighty Saints. We started off poorly letting in a soft try. But we came back with some great linking up by Michael Carrayanis (MC) and a bloke with the NO.6 jumper on (can't remember his name).

We then were on our heels after some poor mistakes and bad refereeing we were pressed hard against our try line. But with a shocking kick by a Westie we were right back in it. Half Time 1-1. We stated well by getting up the Tigers end when Mr MC put a nifty kick in behind the defence for the waiting winger JD (eastsrule) to plant it in the corner. 2-1 Dragons. Then break was made the bloke was running and running but the speedster in the Singlet (can't remember his name either) ran him down at impossible odds. Then after a rushed kick was shadowed into touch by Darren the big Asian Fullback/Winger.

Then after some bad hands by Blake the ball was pounced on in midfield and taken over by a happy westie. 2-2 with seemingly 2 minutes to go MC makes a break and then links up with No6. again and with some razzle dazzle footwork plants the ball for a 3-2 lead with 30 seconds left. The Westies took the tap off and the bell rang immediately, he put a kick through and three dragons and a westie pounced on it at once which made the ball pop loose over the line. Then some quick thinking by myself I picked up the ball before a westie had the chance. FULL TIME 3-2 SAINTS
So much for being gracious in defeat the westies then complained to the referees and officials that we had 8 on the field at one time! The complaint was hurriedly dismissed and the score stood at 3-2.

Third and final game if pool B was drawn against the Red White and Blue of the Eastern Suburbs. Needing to win by 2 to go through to the finals this was a make or break game. We started off slowly with the Roosters scoring first points. Then came the start of an absolutely blitzing performance. Yours truly then threw a long face ball cutting out two bloke with Jd running onto it on the wing to dive over the line to score 1-1.

Then we hit again with MC again providing the goods to put Jd through a long hole. He then shadowed him through the hole until he could do no more and the Roosters speedster struck again with a good touch. The with an 5 man overlap MC dummies the long pass literally hand it to Jd to just plant in the corner. 2-1. Then another three tries followed 2 for Roosters and 1 for us. Half Time 4-3 DRAGONS.

Needing to win by two to get through we thought we were virtually home. But it was not to be. We were in it the whole time right up until the last second. With 4 tries going to Jd and 3 to assorted members of the side it would have knocked out any side there on the day except the Roosters. We could have won it ample times but with kicks too big and bad options taken close into the line and intercept balls thrown we were disappointed in the 7-7 draw. FULLTIME 7-7 DRAW.

So of what I saw the pools were as follows.
Pool A
1. Penrith
2. Parramatta
3.Canberra
4.Newcastle

Pool B
1.Manly 2 Wins, 1 Loss
2.Roosters 2 Wins 1 Draw
3. Dragons 1 Win 1 Loss 1 Draw
4. Tigers 3 Losses

Semi Finals
Penrith V Manly
Parramatta V Roosters

I’m pretty sure that’s how it ended up. I didn’t stay for the end but I would love to know the Kotrokanis cup winners.

A day enjoyed by all and a huge success. I think it’s a deadest goer that the Dragons will be involved in the Laurie Nicholls Shield day in January.

Cheers, Chris

Pat N

Juniors
Yeah, was a good day, pity for the Manly contingent who did their best to spoil it.

I didnt stay till the end either. However, im tipping that it would of been a Roosters V Penrith grand final.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
It was a Manly v Roosters GF.

It was 4-4 at full-time and the Roosters won 5-4 in golden point extra time.

I won the player of the day :) (just had to drop that in) hehehe

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Oh LOL! Your the kid i nearlly dropped! Man you Manly twinkies really tried your best to try and ruin the day. That hit on the little girl was just not on. You guys took it way too seriously. Anyway we will be ready in February.

AJ

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
Oh LOL! Your the kid i nearlly dropped! Man you Manly twinkies really tried your best to try and ruin the day. That hit on the little girl was just not on. You guys took it way too seriously. Anyway we will be ready in February.

Ummm....It doesn't help when your referees chuck moons at us!

The girls on our team were very offended and I call on you to apologise here and now for that incident.

AJ

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Yeah fair enough that was totally uncalled for. And it wouldnt have been a good sight. But the bloke who did it is an absolute champion and has a shitload of personality. I ask you to apologise for the numerous and unrelenting amount of swearing he copped and our young players (myself) and our female players. One of the female players refused to play again after that tall red headed bloke called her a name i dare not repeat.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:

yeah you had 2 chances of dropping me :

1) BUCKLEY'S and;
2) NONE

you would have to remove your bucket ass to keep up!

Benny

First Grade
First of all i had a great day and if manly weren't there it would have been dare i say it a perfect day, bar the grazed knees and the sunburn i copped (even though i wore sunscreen and a hat and it was bloody cloudy)

Mayor Quimby were you the one with the singlet hey?

My little mate may not have knocked you out (though i reckon he'd go alright) but your lucky the bloke you tried to drag over the sideline didn't and if you had of done that to me you would have had your arse firmly planted on the ground

AJ i am not sure which player you were so i will not talk about you as i had a talk to a couple who were really nice guys

I saw the game he ref's (Manlyand Roosters) and he did the job to the best of his ability, he made some wrong decisions sure but they went both way and he kepted the teams apart and wasn't influenced by the players on either side which was very rare yesterday

He should apologise here is a team that abused him the whole game calling him every name under the son and as he walked away you kept calling him a fat arse and other names...he responded as childishly as the names you called him

After abusing a referee you have the hide to complain cause one of your girls refereed a game and was abused to the shithouse which caused her to cry yet you go and do exactly the same thing the next game

Don't worry the Dragons will be there in 2004 and have the cup firmly in their sights![/quote]

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Benny said:
First of all i had a great day and if manly weren't there it would have been dare i say it a perfect day, bar the grazed knees and the sunburn i copped (even though i wore sunscreen and a hat and it was bloody cloudy)

Mayor Quimby were you the one with the singlet hey?

My little mate may not have knocked you out (though i reckon he'd go alright) but your lucky the bloke you tried to drag over the sideline didn't and if you had of done that to me you would have had your arse firmly planted on the ground

AJ i am not sure which player you were so i will not talk about you as i had a talk to a couple who were really nice guys

I saw the game he ref's (Manlyand Roosters) and he did the job to the best of his ability, he made some wrong decisions sure but they went both way and he kepted the teams apart and wasn't influenced by the players on either side which was very rare yesterday

He should apologise here is a team that abused him the whole game calling him every name under the son and as he walked away you kept calling him a fat arse and other names...he responded as childishly as the names you called him

After abusing a referee you have the hide to complain cause one of your girls refereed a game and was abused to the shithouse which caused her to cry yet you go and do exactly the same thing the next game

Don't worry the Dragons will be there in 2004 and have the cup firmly in their sights!
[/quote]

lol, if you say so CHUMP

Benny

First Grade
I do say so...and next time when you play maybe you should remember that its meant to be a fun football day and that head high tackles, shoulder charges, pulling people by the collar and crude comments by players towards other players are not in the best interest of the competition and that females and families play and the way you conducted yourself did not put these type of players in a safe playing environment (thats all i ask)

Noddz

Juniors
hey, i of the Tigers... the 1 in the Balmain jersey....

first of all, we were up 2-1 at half time, and you won 4-3...

id also like 2 say, you guys (and girls, sorry... cant 4get u 2... u were gorgous) were the best team we played in attitude...

I HATE MANLY... they really did ruin a good day... i got a few good hits on some of them though, left a few on the ground (but i got good hits on all teams i guess)...

just so u know, roosters won it by a dissalowed try 2 manly (thanks 2 a tigers touchie, and another contriversal try awarded 2 the roosters in overtime, thanks again 2 a tigers touchie)...

but ontop of your teams great attitude, id also like 2 say, u had the 2 MOST GORGOUS girls of the day there.... congratulations girls...

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Benny said:
I do say so...and next time when you play maybe you should remember that its meant to be a fun football day and that head high tackles, shoulder charges, pulling people by the collar and crude comments by players towards other players are not in the best interest of the competition and that females and families play and the way you conducted yourself did not put these type of players in a safe playing environment (thats all i ask)

I think that should go for every team :) including the Dragons, you guys wouldn’t stop whingeing to the ref all game about how we were offside etc. There were NO head high tackles from our team, there was an accidental slap, which was apologised for by our girl.
I think you are kidding yourself if you are saying that you didn’t take it seriously. lol.

Benny

First Grade
Love how you deny the head high but nothing else

This coming from someone who was accidently slapped in the head by a Roosters player who immediately apologised and you still pointed at him like you would kill him...despite it being the opposite

If you consider having selection trials, training and full on on the day as being serious no we were not serious

If you consider playing to the best of our ability while giving everyone a fair go serious then yes we were serious

eastsrule

Bench
I believe the girl that high tackled me went on a forum and said "He thought he could run around me. What an idiot." or something along those lines. Which I believe does mean intent.

It didn't hurt but going anywhere above the shoulders in a game of touch is a bit going over the top. And on the Eagle Rockers forum, or something like that, one bloke was saying how the training improved his fitness etc.

I think you need to have a long hard look at the idea of what the touch competition is supposed to be. A bit of fun and laughs. The Dragons were assembled less than a week in advance and dare I say, we were second only to the Roosters who we in fact drew with. We lacked a bit at the beginning.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Benny said:

This coming from someone who was accidently slapped in the head by a Roosters player who immediately apologised and you still pointed at him like you would kill him...despite it being the opposite

If you consider having selection trials, training and full on on the day as being serious no we were not serious

If you consider playing to the best of our ability while giving everyone a fair go serious then yes we were serious

hahaha again half the story. About 30 seconds later i was talking to that guy and laughing with him.

we didn't have selection trials

we had a couple of muck around games months before this touch tournament issue arose as a way to keep in touch.

you had better check facts before you go off half cocked

eastsrule

Bench
Mayor_Quimby said:
Benny said:

hahaha again half the story. About 30 seconds later i was talking to that guy and laughing with him.

we didn't have selection trials

we had a couple of muck around games months before this touch tournament issue arose as a way to keep in touch.

you had better check facts before you go off half cocked

Oh, did you talk to the guy she high tackled?

Latest posts