What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Heritage Jersey...

Southernsaint

Staff member
If you were looking forward to buying the St George Heritage Jersey (as was I), then I hate to tell you but don't waste your money. I saw them at Rebel Sports today & they're average. It's just a regular Saints jumper with a triangle sticker under the sponsor to complete the Vee, three-quarter sleeves & no collar.

Another half arsed job by the Dragons marketing department :roll:

Surely they could've comemorated our first Premiership side & worn jerseys like this:

sh_1941team.jpg

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: At least Rebel Sports had St George trucker caps, LOL...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
here here to that call...

i know it would've been similar in design to the bulldogs heritage jersey, but i reckon it would've been a better option that what they're going to use...

Biglance

Bench
Southernsaint, but wouldnt that be like wearing our away jersey and plus its to commerate 80s week not our foundation side

Drew-Sta

Staff member
yeah i saw the one you speak of willow, at the tigers game... i reckon that could've been a better option than what they're going to dish out...

im disappointed a better effort wasn't made...

Biglance

Bench
but its 80s week so the clubs are having to wear a jersey from the 80s and since our side's jersey has hardly changed what can they do.

with the no collars brent kite will like that 8)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Biglance, so the club is just killing two birds (80's week & St George Heritage Day) with one stone?? :roll:

If they re-badged it as a St George badge like my avatar I'd reconsider...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint said:
Surely they could've comemorated our first Premiership side & worn jerseys like this:

sh_1941team.jpg

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: At least Rebel Sports had St George trucker caps, LOL...

Hey I've got one of those jerseys!

Re the trucker hats; Are they the St George Bank ones I see everywhere?

I ask coz I know a fellow who plays for Saints in JF and he has a St George Dragons cap complete with the proper emblem. I figured they where just a team thing but someone posted on MSN that Rockdale Rebel where selling St George trucker hats 'with no Illawarra' but Im not sure if he was just referring to the bank ones...?

I need to know because I've been contemplating whether or not to try to either buy or nick that cap off my Jersey Flegg aquantence!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Hey I've got one of those jerseys!

Re the trucker hats; Are they the St George Bank ones I see everywhere?

I ask coz I know a fellow who plays for Saints in JF and he has a St George Dragons cap complete with the proper emblem. I figured they where just a team thing but someone posted on MSN that Rockdale Rebel where selling St George trucker hats 'with no Illawarra' but Im not sure if he was just referring to the bank ones...?

I need to know because I've been contemplating whether or not to try to either buy or nick that cap off my Jersey Flegg aquantence!

At least Saints haven't changed over to Rah Rah!!

The Trucker Hats are red & white & have the St George (only) logo on them. You can get the old logos for all the teams (including the Steelers, LOL!!).

Rebel at Mid City Centre have them, I assume Rockdale Plaza will too...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
btw, for those who don't know... the bloke in the picture, centre and behind the ballboy is captain Neville Smith.
We wouldn't have won our first grand final without him.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
btw, for those who don't know... the bloke in the picture, centre and behind the ballboy is captain Neville Smith.
We wouldn't have won our first grand final without him.

I read that somewhere, on some Nuffty's website ;-)

Cheers,
Ben S.

gregstar

Referee
Maybe on the 80's theme we should put a winfield cup badge on the sleeve, play canterbury and beat them by a point!

I went to Rockdale Rebel today and once in the St George section it took me five minutes to locate the heritage jerseys. I scanned over the rack actually containing them about half a dozen times before I noticed what looked like a little red stain below the sponsor, LOL. This thing is like 1cm long!

My trip wasn't in vein though as I bought that cap. It's different to the one I was thinking of but still class. The St George emblem with out the Illawarra looks so much better. I'm not saying that just because I'm anti-merger, the whole thing is just proportioned better.

Daithi O'Conaill said:
I went to Rockdale Rebel today and once in the St George section it took me five minutes to locate the heritage jerseys. I scanned over the rack actually containing them about half a dozen times before I noticed what looked like a little red stain below the sponsor, LOL. This thing is like 1cm long!

My trip wasn't in vein though as I bought that cap. It's different to the one I was thinking of but still class. The St George emblem with out the Illawarra looks so much better. I'm not saying that just because I'm anti-merger, the whole thing is just proportioned better.

I actually agree with the emblem thing.

Perhaps they could re-work it? I tried it just now with St.George then Illawarra directly underneath, not sure if it looks better or worse, doesnt look great. So then I tried using the old St.G Logo and replaced "St.George" with "S.G.I.R.L.F.C" which looks ok, though I don't think that's technically correct, a J.V isnt a Football Club.
I'd show them here but i don't know how... :(

Maybe this point could be a challenge for our skilled designers here?
;-) [/img]

Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

I actually agree with the emblem thing.

Perhaps they could re-work it? I tried it just now with St.George then Illawarra directly underneath, not sure if it looks better or worse, doesnt look great. So then I tried using the old St.G Logo and replaced "St.George" with "S.G.I.R.L.F.C" which looks ok, though I don't think that's technically correct, a J.V isnt a Football Club.
I'd show them here but i don't know how... :(

Maybe this point could be a challenge for our skilled designers here?
;-) [/img]
I just tried it with St.George Illawarra written straight across the top of the emblem and it doesnt look too bad... depends how it's done.