What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George illawarra dragons preview 2018

Old Timer

Coach
I'm not saying how I feel merely what I think the Dragons will do with McGregor. That is all.
Crush
Would be great to see you say
These week arsed bastards will let this goose stay on if we improve 1 lousy spot
Anything less than top 3rd should mean he gets the arse.
IMO that has more relevancy than a prediction of what they will do with no opinion from yourself.

Crush

Coach
I would say you are correct.
But let hope they wait till the end of the season and not before.
I would say imo top 6 finish and deep into the semis.
Any chance they would sack him mid season if it looked like bottom 4 Samy?
Lets hope that's not the case but I would hope that if we were 4 wins 10 losses mid way through that they would remove him?

Old Timer

Coach
He didn’t say all good in his eyes. He said that’s what he thinks will happen. He just called him a stubborn muppet above. Sometimes you jump and overreact OT.
If Crush doesn’t offer his own opinion then I take it that he somewhat agrees with what he thinks the club will do when he posts that.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Any chance they would sack him mid season if it looked like bottom 4 Samy?
Lets hope that's not the case but I would hope that if we were 4 wins 10 losses mid way through that they would remove him?

Crush.
The problem with a mid season change .
Is that the hornby/ young would take over.
Then we would have the same problem .
In that we would have a job for the boys again

hazzbeen

Bench
I can see what Crush is stating here , they didn't get rid of him and extended his contract when we missed the play off's . So if he stumbles into the 8 it would have been an improvement in the club's eyes and keep him on . For me if he is not top 6 piss him off ....

TruSaint

Referee
History does repeat, contrary to what most think..

3 brutal errors in a short period.

a.) Extend prices' contract mid / early season.

b.) Not give Bennett the 5 year tenure

b.) Extend Mary's contract after a good start.

We dont sack coaches mid stream. Mary will see out his contract unless we finish bottom 4. That my honest opinion.

@Crush Im and trying to remain upbeat mate, but lets say we finish 9th again. With a better F&A against than the team in 8th spot.. Mary will note this and say " well, it was only the "x" game where we had 3 injuries that cost us a spot in the 8, or something to that effect.

We dont have the complete backline to finish top 4. But a pass mark for me would be spots 5-6. Any lower with our pack and halves is a failure.

I was a supporter of Mary's in the early years, believing he will develop into a good coach. I am unconvinced now. May he prove me wrong,

SBD82

Coach
He didn’t say all good in his eyes. He said that’s what he thinks will happen. He just called him a stubborn muppet above. Sometimes you jump and overreact OT.
I was primed to come to OT's defence, and remind everyone that it's been a long offseason and everyone is a bit prickly waiting for the football to start.

Then I remembered that OT is prickly regardless of what time of year it is. Carry on.

possm

Coach
There is only one question to ask: If we had a great head coach with his own choice of staff, where would the Dragons finish on the ladder in 2018? I'd say 4th with a good possibility of making the GF. This is why fans feel cheated by having our current coaching staff again this season.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If we had a great head coach

2a3435bcf9cf3795152793572b23bc8b

with his own choice of staff

86de3371-e0d3-4ad8-872c-26fe37fe1763.jpg

where would the Dragons finish on the ladder in 2018?

MinorPremiers10-028-1024x957.jpg

jeffdragon

Bench
Might take us a while to get going this year,with the halves.
Would like to see us win 1 of the first two games against the sharks and broncos.
Big things are usually expected by most of us but have been let down many times before.
As for Wayne Bennett look at the Knights after he left them .

jeffdragon

Bench
Bennett left us in a worse state than he found us. Good coach but the foresight of a pair of aldi binoculars.

Aldi binoculars might be useful,maybe a 50cent toy when you spend $20 at a carnival or a plastic toy from a easter showbag.

What is the point of this post?
What is it, with some guys on here who continuously put crap on the Club, coach and team. I'm over this, go support another team...and it's beyond me, how nothing positive can be said about the team you support.. People who call themselves supporters seem to take delight when we loose and then make excuse we we win, as if it was some fluke. Season has not even started and already supposedly the clock is ticking...FFS..

Lol.

Straight Shooter

gitano

Juniors
Bennett put every single trophy on offer into our cabinet.

McGregor got us to 8th once.
He bought us a title. Then everyone left.

He undone so much of what Browny had built in an instant. Yes we won a comp but with foresight could have been competitive in the years following.

BennyV

Referee

He undone so much of what Browny had built in an instant. Yes we won a comp but with foresight could have been competitive in the years following.
That foresight should have come from the morons who appointed his successor and associated football department. What happened once he left was neither Bennett’s problem nor his fault.

goggles

Juniors

To be fair to the bloke, he signed a contract for three years and achieved what he was employed to do... and then some.
Surely the responsibility for what happened after he left should lay with those in charge at that time (after he left).

Old Timer

Coach

For god's sake wake up to yourself.
Bennett should have been signed for 5 years with an option our way but that didn't happen.
We were competitive in 2011 his last year but then everyone found out the coach was going and Price was coming and that some players were being let go.
Morale went downhill because of what we failed to do initially and then what we did subsequently, so how is any of that Bennett's fault?
By the way I don't like the bloke but he did achieve exactly what he was supposed to do unlike what has followed him or was their immediately before him.
Blame the right people for our continual failure.

Latest posts