What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St.George Illawarra . . . who are they ? ? ?

Gareth67

First Grade
Saturday morning so I walked up to the local shops and picked up my Daily Telegraph and scurried back home as quick as my feeble old legs would carry me , ever so eager to see the write up from last nights great win .
But what the fook !

Went straight to the back page and nothing so naturally I kept turning the pages in expectation of finding the article , but nothing , there is not one solitary word about the Dragons thumping of the gummies whatsoever in the entire bloody paper - simply unbelievable. It's one thing not having the TVs networks not mentioning us , but one would expect to read something, whether it be good or bad in a newspaper .

Would another member please take a look at their copy and see if I have a page missing , as little things such as this really puss me off ! :triumph:

SBD82

Coach
Saturday morning so I walked up to the local shops and picked up my Daily Telegraph and scurried back home as quick as my feeble old legs would carry me , ever so eager to see the write up from last nights great win .
But what the fook !

Went straight to the back page and nothing so naturally I kept turning the pages in expectation of finding the article , but nothing , there is not one solitary word about the Dragons thumping of the gummies whatsoever in the entire bloody paper - simply unbelievable. It's one thing not having the TVs networks not mentioning us , but one would expect to read something, whether it be good or bad in a newspaper .
You may find that the telegraph goes to print before the end of the game.

kit66

Bench
But what the fook !

Would another member please take a look at their copy and see if I have a page missing , as little things such as this really puss me off ! :triumph:

But...but...why ? You have at your fingertips access to all the info, reports, replays, opinions, stats and anything else you might need and you go looking for it in a long ago outmoded and in this case completely unreliable source that you have to go fetch and pay for. Why do they even print papers any more ?

Brutalitops

Juniors
TV networks mention us plenty though. I constantly see discussion on both Fox and Nine about Dragons

As for newspapers, I haven't read one in years so I wouldn't know

ouryears

Bench
But...but...why ? You have at your fingertips access to all the info, reports, replays, opinions, stats and anything else you might need and you go looking for it in a long ago outmoded and in this case completely unreliable source that you have to go fetch and pay for. Why do they even print papers any more ?

I love the print

Makes me feel like it really did happen

It's in black and white.

No kindles in this house

Gareth67

First Grade

Because i do not possess a computer but an iPad , am not what you would call computer literate by a long way . Yes the iPad does basically have the same setup (?) but being old fashioned I still enjoy reading my sports in a newspaper where I can turn the page and jump to another subject immediately.

monsterkev

Juniors
if we lose it will be front page news,the newspapers will be onto it like flies to shit
I must also say that opposition supporters are really starting to bag us using some very colourful language on facebook and other social media sites so hopefully we keep winning and cause a few tears for those fans

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't do that mate, use it as toilet paper. It's as good as your average two ply variety.

Mate being doing just that for many a year now , however more so for the ' guest ' loo in the backyard - nothing but the best for my in-laws !

Saintsified

Bench
Why would we care people? We got the Illawarra mercury and St George leader backing us up.

Note: massive ongoing exposure at our shopping Village sponsors mall.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But what the fook !

Happens to me every day mate.. it's called the Herald Sun..

SBD82

Coach
Same up here where the paper is called the Courier Mail. StGI could win every game, rescue children from a burning orphanage, develop a cure for cancer and solve the crisis in Syria. They still wouldn't get a mention.
Please don't tell me that you want our beautiful club defiled by being a part of that filthy rag.

Latest posts