What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

possm

Coach
The line up should be:
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald - on his preferred wing
3. Aitken/Milne
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale - on his preferred wing
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Laurie
16. Sims
17. Host

I'd say this is our best available line-up for the Manly game. Widdop to kick high for Macdonald to chase, catch and score. Mann to grubber through for Nightingale to score. Dufty to return the ball with speed and chime in and sharpen the attack with speed.

Forwards to charge hard and tackle hard. Offload when safe to do so.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The line up should be:
1. Dufty
3. Aitken/Milne
4. Lafai
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Laurie
16. Sims
17. Host

I'd say this is our best available line-up for the Manly game. Widdop to kick high for Macdonald to chase, catch and score. Mann to grubber through for Nightingale to score. Dufty to return the ball with speed and chime in and sharpen the attack with speed.

Milne and Lawrie both played NSW cup today, so both are ineligible.

Crush

Coach
The line up should be:
1. Dufty
3. Aitken/Milne
4. Lafai
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Laurie
16. Sims
17. Host

Not sure that Mann is a 7. I realize that he hasn't been given much of a shot and chopped and changed a lot but he does seem most comfortable on the wing. I think he should actually be given a run at fullback tomorrow if not dufty.
Wont happen though. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.
Lets just hope that nighty does a job at 1 and McCrone makes Widdop feel "comfortable" enough to find his pre-injury form.
Go the Dragons!!!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
They better treat it like a grand final. I expect the team to play with the skill, the preparedness, the confidence and belief - all things they reckon they pride themselves on every press conference. No more bloody excuses. They either are a force or a number in this competition. Despite what the article says, its very much panic stations. We are in free fall and a loss will end us regardless of mathematics. Blow Manly off the park.

Agree they will have to with penrith winning we loss we are out of the 8.
Get to the game suport them.
Come and see u20 play as well and nsw v qld ladies soo

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Not sure that Mann is a 7. I realize that he hasn't been given much of a shot and chopped and changed a lot but he does seem most comfortable on the wing. I think he should actually be given a run at fullback tomorrow if not dufty.
Wont happen though. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.
Lets just hope that nighty does a job at 1 and McCrone makes Widdop feel "comfortable" enough to find his pre-injury form.
Go the Dragons!!!

Crush, as you have said, "everyone knows it". We have to regard it in fact as a great breakthrough that Dufty will make it to the bench. I have stated elsewhere that Mary has learnt some lessons from last year - it is just he learns so slowly. First he finally included Dufty in the 21 a month or so back, last week named him 17 then left him out. Now he is on the bench. Will he get onto the field? Will he get a token 5-10 mins? I hope Mary understands anything less than 20 mins is usually counter-productive.

Gareth67

First Grade

Possum , I don't care how you do it , but you force your way into the Dragons change room before the game and tell the players exactly that . My friend , I believe that you have a far better game plan than our mate Mary , short and simple , no frills , no mistakes .

Ted bartolo

Juniors
He is quote from a great coach Jack Gibson .Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.I think Magregors biggest mistake as a coach is showing no faith in in the fringe youth players players. Sitting on the bench for 75 minutes is demoralising.I think he should be starting Dufty tomorrow hope he gets a fair go.. Definitely think dragons will win tomorrow with a bit of luck

Banjo2014

Juniors
Matchplay - Dragons vs Panthers

With the chasers losing this weekend - Raiders, Rabbitohs, Canterbury Bankstown, Warriors and Titans it all boils down to a match play game with the Panthers towards the final series.

How important will round 25 be?

Penrith have - Dogs, Cowboys, Raiders Saints and Sea Eagles

Saints have - Knights, Titans, Broncos, Panthers (away) and Doggies

Crush

Coach
Game Day.
To win we need to do the little things right. No errors.
We need to have variety in our 5th tackle options. Too often Widdop keeps bombing set after set on the 5th. I want to see a combination of bombs, grubbers, chips and running it on the 5th.
We need the forwards to rip in. They have had a 9 day turn so should be ready to go. I don't buy the BS that they are fatigued due to our style of play. They need to toughen up and have a crack.
We will need McCrone and McInnes to have big games and take pressure off Widdop. And we will need our centers and wingers to show some spark and razzle dazzle like the 15 other clubs outside backs do every week.
Lets go Dragons, win this one and we begin our march into September!
Game day!

BankstownDragon

Juniors
The line up should be:
1. Dufty
3. Aitken/Milne
4. Lafai
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Laurie
16. Sims
17. Host

Excellent line up based on who we have available, with a eye for the future in Dufty.
Eventually Mary has to take a punt and give the young ones a proper chance, by that I mean more than 10 min, as many others have posted.
Wont be holding my breath though.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Game Day.
To win we need to do the little things right. No errors.
We need to have variety in our 5th tackle options. Too often Widdop keeps bombing set after set on the 5th. I want to see a combination of bombs, grubbers, chips and running it on the 5th.
We need the forwards to rip in. They have had a 9 day turn so should be ready to go. I don't buy the BS that they are fatigued due to our style of play. They need to toughen up and have a crack.
We will need McCrone and McInnes to have big games and take pressure off Widdop. And we will need our centers and wingers to show some spark and razzle dazzle like the 15 other clubs outside backs do every week.
Lets go Dragons, win this one and we begin our march into September!
Game day!

In terms of the dazzle dazzle, Lafai lately has been trying too hard and pushing the pass instead of it coming naturally, that's partly why he's not as effective. A few too many forced errors. As for Aitken, he is less dazzle dazzle but very effective on the edge with his size, just need to get him in those half gaps and he tends to get to the line