What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stallions Wales Rugby League Issues Thread

Pommy

Coach
Notice the president's initial write up alludes to some problematic treatment of the code. Very telltale and a theme that can be linked to many other nations.

Change the record.
The initial pages have many highlights and you chose the victim card once more. Ignoring the record grant from sports wales, highest registered number of players in 4 years, record number of SL players, competing in three world cups and beating England u16 for the first time ever.

Stallion

First Grade
Change the record.
The initial pages have many highlights and you chose the victim card once more. Ignoring the record grant from sports wales, highest registered number of players in 4 years, record number of SL players, competing in three world cups and beating England u16 for the first time ever.

These achievements are despite the obstacles! You still don't get it do you!?

Pommy

Coach
These achievements are despite the obstacles! You still don't get it do you!?

I do get it though, I just don’t understand why you need to focus on that one issue in every f**king thread.
A 40 page document and all you can comment on is a couple of lines about history.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
I do get it though, I just don’t understand why you need to focus on that one issue in every f**king thread.
A 40 page document and all you can comment on is a couple of lines about history.

People like yourself don't adequately acknowledge the unwarranted treatment faced by rugby league and think these obstacles don't negatively impact the existence/growth of the code! That's why it's important to discuss and be very aware of. The underlying issues are there for rugby league and its not just in Wales. Very important in considering where rugby league is and perhaps going.

Pommy

Coach
People like yourself don't adequately acknowledge the unwarranted treatment faced by rugby league and think these obstacles don't negatively impact the existence/growth of the code! That's why it's important to discuss and be very aware of. The underlying issues are there for rugby league and its not just in Wales. Very important in considering where rugby league is and perhaps going.

The thing is i do acknowledge it I just don’t think the sport benefits from festering on it. In fact I think it holds the game back and helps foster the small sport attitude that has crippled the game.

adamkungl

Immortal
The thing is i do acknowledge it I just don’t think the sport benefits from festering on it. In fact I think it holds the game back and helps foster the small sport attitude that has crippled the game.

Ding ding ding

Victim mentality. Giant shoulder chip.

Fact is Rugby League's biggest obstacles are, in order
1) Rugby League administrators
2) Rugby League fans
3) Cultural obscurity
4) Rugby Union

Stallion

First Grade
Ding ding ding

Victim mentality. Giant shoulder chip.

Fact is Rugby League's biggest obstacles are, in order
1) Rugby League administrators
2) Rugby League fans
3) Cultural obscurity
4) Rugby Union

I would suggest that rugby union has been the source of the three you so wrongly put above it. I've noticed the "victim mentality" scoff as a go-to for the reckless ones on this site. Go for it. Pretend the repression isn't there! One day you will be vindicated with this code in decline and nowhere near where it should into the future. So disappointing but this is what I'm witnessing on this rugby league website.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
I would suggest that rugby union has been the source of the three you so wrongly put above it. I've noticed the "victim mentality" scoff as a go-to for the reckless ones on this site. Go for it. Pretend the repression isn't there! One day you will be vindicated with this code in decline and nowhere near where it should into the future. So disappointing but this is what I'm witnessing on this rugby league website.

So how exactly is rugby union at fault for rugby league fans?

Rugby union holds rugby league back in plenty of countries, but if union was suddenly removed from countries where league is just developing, league wouldn't suddenly become super popular.

Take the most recent examples. Some people try and grow the market in the US by taking a mid-year test there for the next three years. I didn't see union people jump out and try and block it, I saw dumbass NRL club admins crack the shits and try and block it for bullshit reasons.

After the World Cup last year we have a big opportunity to gain popularity in the Pacific Islands. Why hasn't it happened? Is it because Tonga Rugby Union have made a big effort to kill league in Tonga? No, it's because RL administrators can't be arsed to jump on the opportunity and set up regular meaningful tournaments and series for the Pacific teams.

ULYSSES

Juniors
Stallion, I have to attend a business function tonight. It is full of individuals that will wank all night about their particular axe to grind. A really boring night. Would you like to take my place, you will fit right in.

Stallion

First Grade
So how exactly is rugby union at fault for rugby league fans?

Rugby union holds rugby league back in plenty of countries, but if union was suddenly removed from countries where league is just developing, league wouldn't suddenly become super popular.

Take the most recent examples. Some people try and grow the market in the US by taking a mid-year test there for the next three years. I didn't see union people jump out and try and block it, I saw dumbass NRL club admins crack the shits and try and block it for bullshit reasons.

After the World Cup last year we have a big opportunity to gain popularity in the Pacific Islands. Why hasn't it happened? Is it because Tonga Rugby Union have made a big effort to kill league in Tonga? No, it's because RL administrators can't be arsed to jump on the opportunity and set up regular meaningful tournaments and series for the Pacific teams.

The rugby union people are the ones pulling the strings and creating blocks for rugby league on many places. Incompetent administrators within rugby league are one of the results of such an influence. These union people (private school educated) have a very good concept of how thing work and what outcomes will occur when certain factors are put in place. For instance rugby league has no access in universities or many schools in North America. Why is this so. A few reasons; 1. Rugby union people are more well travelled (affluent)than most rugby league people 2. Due to a mostly elite private school education union people propagate union in schools and universities where rugby league isn't even considered. 3. Through its high-level "friends"union gains access and favours (funding , media favours, govt favours, sponsors and recognition etc) where rugby-league doesn't . I'll keep going except I hope you get the picture. There are plenty more!

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

No one's pretending anything. Rugby Union has obviously attempted to quash Rugby League and still does, as you would expect.
With some notable exceptions, petty squabbles with Union don't matter though.

Rugby League might be blocked from some schools due to Union influence, but it's lack of presence from MOST schools is merely due to lack of effort.

Rugby League has been snuffed out in some countries by Union, and in some cases with very underhanded or outright appalling behaviour. But slow growth in MOST places is due to lack of engagement by the RLIF or either professional RL comp.

For every example of Union blocking League there are 100 examples of League shooting itself in the foot. Union would have almost no influence on League's success or lack thereof if League didn't constantly waste opportunities, they're just tidying up the leftovers

adamkungl

Immortal
The rugby union people are the ones pulling the strings and creating blocks for rugby league on many places. Incompetent administrators within rugby league are one of the results of such an influence. Theses union people (private school educated) have a very good concept of how thing work and what outcomes will occur when certain factors are put in place. For instance rugby league has no access in universities or many schools in North America. Why is this so. A few reasons; 1. rugby union people are more well traveller than most rugby league people 2. Due to a mostly elite private school education union people propagate union in schools and universities where rugby league isn't even considered. 3. Through its high-level "friends"union gains access and favours (funding and recognition etc) where rugby-league doesn't . I'll keep going except I hope you get the picture. There are plenty more!

This is not blocking. This is just using their resources to better themselves. This is what successful people and organisations do.
Rugby League has no access to schools because it doesn't have the contacts or resources to.

Where exactly is the block here? Not one action you've described in that paragraph is by Union against League.
(Except for the crackpot theory that RL administrators are bad because of Union 'pulling strings')

Stallion

First Grade
Stallion, I have to attend a business function tonight. It is full of individuals that will wank all night about their particular axe to grind. A really boring night. Would you like to take my place, you will fit right in.

Thanks. But I've got to deal with ignorant and reckless "fans" on a "rugby league"forum.

Latest posts