What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stan Tuitavake - Gone to the Dogs?

ali

Bench
I've just had a look at the junior rep results in todays paper. For those who are interested we won Mathews Cup (16's) 22-20 and lost SG Ball (18's) 20-4, against Illawarra. Some good news in that Australian under 15 fullback Mitch Neylon is with our club, and scored a try and kicked 3 gaols for the Matthews side.

But, now for the disappointing news. I noticed the name S Tuitavake in the try scorers for the Canterbury SG Ball team. Anyone who has seen Stan play over the last 3 years would have noticed he is choc full of potential, though at times lazy. But no doubt a great talent, and I thought he looked really sharp for Endeavour high at the world 7's.

I wonder how much the Dogs have got him for as its no secret that Canterbury has a budget at junior rep level that can't be matched by other clubs. 40K or 50K would not be too surprising.

lolesi

First Grade
i feel its no great loss, very lazy player, wont make the grade, all he has going for him is his big, not that quick either.

ali

Bench
Gotta disagree. I do admit last year he looked a bit lazy in an ordinary side on the few occasions I saw him play in SG Ball. But he is not only big but very quick and has a great step.

Only 2 years a go he was man of the match in our under 16 match against England, as the youngest player on the field. So not only better than the rest of our champion under 16 team, but better than anyone at under 16 level in England on the day.

Whether he makes it will come down to attitude, but I think he could do anything if he applies himself. As I said above, I though he looked in super form at the 7's, close to unstopable when he got the ball.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Extremely talented, with attitude and application problems. Could be a massive loss. Anyhow there's no way we should have let him go.

lolesi

First Grade
played against stan a fair bit, wrong attitude to play nrl im sorry, very lazy kid

Skitz

Juniors
He was pretty ordinary & never got very involved in games.With a player of his size & strength playing at SG Ball level he should've at least been in the 2nd row especially in a pretty weak team.....instead he was hiding out on the wing.Another of his faults was he couldn't tackle for sh*t!!!

No big loss at all!!!!

Booyah

Bench
I watched him a couple of times playing for Endeavour. Definantly didn't look anything special. I saw more interest from the water boy to be honest. He stood there out on the wing with a sullen look on his face most of the time, and only ran the ball maybe 1 in every 2 sets?

A player his size should have run it at least twice a set ala Sailor or Tuqiri.

Let the Dogs have him.