What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stand By The Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daRque

Juniors
Slowly and surely the momentum is building to allow us to chase the cancerous blights on South Sydney out of our club forever. Perhaps then we can regain our former position of rightful glory.

Sadly, many supporters still cling to the tragic past and feel our “tradition” will see us through. Our tradition is currently dead, but we can resuscitate it. Since 1990 when George Piggins took over control of our club lock, stock and barrel, we have gone from bad to worse.

In 1989 we won the minor premiership. In 1990 when George decided he was capable of doing everything and concentrated on his Leagues Club we won 2 games, finished with the Wooden Spoon and had 652 points scored against us. Such a turn around in 12 months should have set the alarm bells ringing. It didn’t.

Let’s look at the following year’s performances:

1991 7 wins
1992 7 wins
1993 6 wins
1994 9 wins
1995 4 wins
1996 5 wins
1997 4 wins
1998 5 wins
1999 10 wins
2002 5 wins
2003 3 wins

Even after looking at these frightening figures we STILL have fans saying everything will be okay. Reaching double figures for wins ONCE (1999) in 13 years is not good enough and will not be okay. Thankfully Piggins has more or less gone, but his lingering influence and apathy regarding Souths must also be removed.

This means his puppets on the board must go, to hopefully allow a new board to drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

I implore ALL Souths fans to renew your membership. Your vote is powerful and it places fear in the hearts of those who have tried to destroy us with their incompetence and apathy.

Let’s move on to 2003. Three wins, three. A pathetic effort by anyone’s standards.
Yet still we hear that “all will be fine in 2004”. Why should we continue to believe the stale company line of “next year will be better” when we have heard it every year since 1990 and it never eventuates?

People keep offering excuses for this years disgraceful results, but they are the same excuses we’ve been repetitiously offered since 1990.

If you can’t see a pattern here of continual blame for our failures, and never any responsibility accepted, then I fear for your senses of reality.
Let me ask you, as a South Sydney fan how many more years are you willing to accept “it will be better next year”?

What will it take to actually make you realize it will not be better next year unless someone, or ALL of us stand and be counted?

David Tapp has probably been the biggest managerial flop in South Sydney’s history.
He simply must go if we are to have not only a chance of success, but far more importantly survival.

His record of competence in 2003 reads like a rejected Fawlty Towers script.
He contradicted his own Chairman in the press regarding the amount we would spend on a coach, he promised 4 to 5 genuine first grade players for 2004, the closest he’s come is Terry Hill.

He totally ballsed up the Rennie signing, he attacks a South’s fan publicly in a forum he had previously discredited in the press, after apologizing and saying it wouldn’t happen again he has an interview with RLW and the Sunday papers and drags us through the muck again. His recruitment so far for 2004 has been poor at best.

Now his precious ego is so bruised from the criticism myself and others dealt out to him on a daily basis on the official South’s forum, he closes down that very same forum.
Perhaps a real CEO might have addressed the issues fans were concerned about. But no, not our Leaky.

Forget the calls of “negative posters”, it is not and never will be “negative” to demand success, effort and 100% professional attitudes for our club, THE greatest in the world.
It is however dangerously negative to keep believing the “it’ll be better next year” lie and invent excuses for our failures.

Forget your personal feelings about Botak, Wolfy, Wade or myself. Forget the fact you might not like the manner in which some of us deliver the message. But please, at least listen to the message and think about it. If you can even believe 50% of what you are hearing via rumours in the press, supporters close to the club and other innuendo, then that alone should stir you into action.

Keep your membership active, it IS the only weapon you have against those that care little for our survival. Ask questions, listen to the opinions of others. Only then can you make a logical decision and then act on it.

If we don’t fight amongst ourselves, but pay each other the respect of LISTENING to the opinions of others who love this club, then we will be far stronger. Debate is healthy, debate is good, but let it not become lost in personal abuse.

If you don’t believe a post made by Botak for example, or some point is not clear, ask him. It was not so long ago I was Botak’s biggest enemy in the Souths forums. Much abuse was hurled between us. Then one day I sent him a PM and asked some serious questions, and I received some serious answers.

I sat and waited patiently. Sure enough after only a few weeks some of the very things I’d been told came out publicly. I stopped calling him a liar and a troublemaker and started to believe he was sending his message NOT to be negative or destroy Souths, but to alert the long suffering South’s fans to just how deeply our managerial problems run.

All any of us can do is tell you what is killing our club.
Only you can believe it and act, or ignore it and accept what we have now, forever.

Souths forever………

Christian daRque

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Instead of all that drivel, why didn't you say what we all know is true. Souths suck! You need new managment, new coach, new players, new image-you are just old, worn out, over used and just quite simply put-rooted. Either piss off or improve. If you finish in the bottom 3 next year, I'd start supporting another team, like Glebe or University. :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
I read the first stanza of that and thought.....HELL, i dont need to read any more. He's just bitching about his club and crap their going and doing his bit to turn the club around. I admire his will but losing goes hand and hand with souths..........Its a culture and it aint going to change!

rastus

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
I read the first stanza of that and thought.....HELL, i dont need to read any more. He's just bitching about his club and crap their going and doing his bit to turn the club around. I admire his will but losing goes hand and hand with souths..........Its a culture and it aint going to change!

:lol: :lol: :lol: As opposed to wastes "winning" culture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Geez rastus, i dont see your culture changing??????? At least our is changing where as yours is born and bred failure!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey ratfuzz, when was the last time your great team beat another team in the top 8, or maybe top 10. The pride of the league is only the pride in your eyes, they're just plain old poo for everyone else.

Souths is just the team that old players go to to get a good pay that they don't deserve. :lol:

rastus

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
Geez rastus, i dont see your culture changing??????? At least our is changing where as yours is born and bred failure!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Changing, where. I don't see any evidence. At best you are hoping for change ;-)

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
hey ratfuzz, when was the last time your great team beat another team in the top 8, or maybe top 10. The pride of the league is only the pride in your eyes, they're just plain old poo for everyone else.

Souths is just the team that old players go to to get a good pay that they don't deserve. :lol:

:lol: sadunit you really are not with it are you :lol: :lol: I believe Melbourne finished in the top 8 and went through their first semi-final :lol: :lol: :lol: . Once again, sadunit, you have put for foot in your mouth without engaging you brain (if one exists) :lol: :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
one team, and how many first graders were out of the Melbourne squad, oh so great intelligent one. :roll:

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
one team, and how many first graders were out of the Melbourne squad, oh so great intelligent one. :roll:

sadunit, sadunit, sadunit your stupidity is truly amazing :lol: :lol: :lol: . FYI, sadunit, this was one game that S Hill actually played in. So he and Orford made a pretty formidable 1/2's combination would'nt you think. Please, please, please sadunit THINK before you post. You are really embarrassing yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Melbourne made it to the finals with very little input from Scott Hill, and one of the best five-eighths this year was Matt Geyer.

Slugs

madunit said:
Melbourne made it to the finals with very little input from Scott Hill, and one of the best five-eighths this year was Matt Geyer.

.....and back to the top

MERGED SCUM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j_tig

Juniors
u asked who in the top 8 we beat - brisbane, roosters (didnt they come second?) all i can remember for now...
thats 2, more than one isnt it? :shock:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
madunit said:

Didn't they beat the Wests Tigers twice this season as well :roll:

madunit said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Like the West Tigers arn't known for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mighty Tiger said:
madunit said:

Didn't they beat the Wests Tigers twice this season as well :roll:

madunit said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Like the West Tigers arn't known for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you'll find, moron, that I asked a question which stated-"when was the last time your great team beat another team in the top 8" It's at the top of this post. Learn to read-where did I say anything about them beating us. I know they beat us. I don't particularly like it, but I'm man enough to accept it. If I wanted to know of their record against us, I would've bloody asked for it.

If souths knew that we were wasting our money on players like Craigie and Hill-then why did they go out and buy them off us for only marginally less than what we were paying them. Talk about slow learners. I'm ashamed at you Mighty Tiger, you should not be allowed to be a Wests Tigers fan- you heartless sook.

KFC

Juniors
You certainly opened my eyes daRque, I had no idea that Souths had performed so poorly for so long. I hope for the sake of your club's future that changes are made. Good luck.

Alan Shore

First Grade
madunit said:
Instead of all that drivel, why didn't you say what we all know is true. Souths suck! You need new managment, new coach, new players, new image-you are just old, worn out, over used and just quite simply put-rooted. Either piss off or improve. If you finish in the bottom 3 next year, I'd start supporting another team, like Glebe or University. :lol:

They need a new town too. Adelaide and Gold Coast would love to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts