What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standout in each position so far

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
He is carving this competition up, thats what he is doing. Should be the First player picked in any of these teams IMO.

Could be a bolter for the NZ side for the ANZAC test.

If he gets ahead of Isaac Luke (who should be back from injury next week) than the selectors are dreaming. but say by the end of next year the NZ selectors will have to find a spot for both of them anyways.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If he gets ahead of Isaac Luke (who should be back from injury next week) than the selectors are dreaming. but say by the end of next year the NZ selectors will have to find a spot for both of them anyways.

I agree Luke will be the hooker if fit. But not too sure whether he will be fit.

Iosefa is a outside chance.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Lesson Ah Mau - Power forward, Can he get game time at the Warriors with so many props there ?
I'd kill to have a prop like this at the Raiders.

Packer is the more talented obviously but Ah Mau knows how to use his entire frame and doesn't make errors. Needs to lose the head gear though for intimidation :lol:

Wicks

Juniors
1st XIII

1 Lachlan Coote
2 Obe Geia
3 Rusty Bristow
4 Justin Carney
5 Sam Huihahau
6 Ben Barba
7 Chris Sandow
8 Russell Packer
9 Masada Iosefa
10 Tim Mannah
11 Joseph Paulo
12 Jarrad Kennedy
13 Rohan Ahern

2nd XIII

1 Blake Lazarus
2 Thomas Ah Van
3 Dean Whare
4 Brandon Boor
5 Sonny Tuigamala
6 Wade Graham
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 John Kite
9 Ryan Carr
10 Trent Merrin
11 Joel Thompson
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Nick Slyney

Props have really stood out Leeson Ah Mau Matt Davidson Sam McKendry Tom Hancock Tohi Leha Holo Tonga Eddy Pettybourne Roosters props all worth a mention

Seen all teams apart the Sea Eagles

Raider_69

Post Whore
Coote is the only fullback in the U20's comp who is better then Josh Dugan right now
the kid is hot to trot, as is Justin Carney.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Did you see Lazarus play before injured

I must admit, i didnt, i based that off what ive seen and off a mates opinion, whom is tigers fan and keeps track of them, he's seen plenty of Lazarus and Dugan (thanks to me dragging him out to games) and he rates Dugan the better player at this point in time

we both agreed Coote is the #1 fullback in the U20's however

Wicks

Juniors
I must admit, i didnt, i based that off what ive seen and off a mates opinion, whom is tigers fan and keeps track of them, he's seen plenty of Lazarus and Dugan (thanks to me dragging him out to games) and he rates Dugan the better player at this point in timer

I did mine on performances in the under 20s My teams would look different if it was based on who I thought were the best players

Lachlan Coote then Shannon Walker would be the best two and Chris Sandow and Travis Roche would jump both Dugan and Lazarus if they were playing fullback

parra pete

Referee
1st XIII

1 Lachlan Coote
2 Obe Geia
3 Rusty Bristow
4 Justin Carney
5 Sam Huihahau
6 Ben Barba
7 Chris Sandow
8 Russell Packer
9 Masada Iosefa
10 Tim Mannah
11 Junior Paulo
12 Jarrad Kennedy
13 Rohan Ahern

2nd XIII

1 Blake Lazarus
2 Thomas Ah Van
3 Dean Whare
4 Brandon Boor
5 Sonny Tuigamala
6 Wade Graham
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 John Kite
9 Ryan Carr
10 Trent Merrin
11 Joel Thompson
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Nick Slyney

Props have really stood out Leeson Ah Mau Matt Davidson Sam McKendry Tom Hancock Tohi Leha Holo Tonga Eddy Pettybourne Roosters props all worth a mention

Parramatta - unbeaten leaders - have one player in each of your two sides.
Those two must be FANTASTIC . And mate I am not saying you're wrong because I haven't seen them all but I just thought it interesting selections.
From what I have seen John Mannah, Tony Williams, David Baumann would feature somewhere in the teams...

mxlegend99

Referee
Isn't Junior Paulo also a Parra player? Making it 3 Eels?

Panthers also only have 3 players... Coote, Graham and Iosefa.

The players picked stand out so much, they take the focus of other blokes who would probably star among other teams. IMO that's why they don't feature heavily.

parra pete

Referee
Isn't Junior Paulo also a Parra player? Making it 3 Eels?

Panthers also only have 3 players... Coote, Graham and Iosefa.

The players picked stand out so much, they take the focus of other blokes who would probably star among other teams. IMO that's why they don't feature heavily.

The Penrith Paulo bloke is Junior's junior.

Gallus Gallus

Juniors
1st XIII

1 Lachlan Coote
2 Obe Geia
3 Rusty Bristow
4 Justin Carney
5 Sam Huihahau
6 Ben Barba
7 Chris Sandow
8 Russell Packer
9 Masada Iosefa
10 Tim Mannah
11 Junior Paulo
12 Jarrad Kennedy
13 Rohan Ahern

2nd XIII

1 Blake Lazarus
2 Thomas Ah Van
3 Dean Whare
4 Brandon Boor
5 Sonny Tuigamala
6 Wade Graham
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 John Kite
9 Ryan Carr
10 Trent Merrin
11 Joel Thompson
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Nick Slyney

obe geia is a good player and i know he has played grade but from the games ive watched he hasnt stood out as one of the best winger in the 20's..also i believe kennedy from the roosters must be in that team, he has been one of the most consistant props in the 20's even with his nigerling injuries..jake friend is another definite for that team, the kid is something special...pettybourne and mathews also must be in the team as 2nd rowers...thats all i can think of atm but i would definately like to see girvie's team

Where the Hell is second rower Ben Matulino from the Warriors in the list, He's been virtualy unstoppable against all oppostion so far.

blain

Juniors
i cant wait for next year when swann koopu and wiki are gone, because we have packer matulino and fai to replace them! all we need to do is keep hold of these guys and will be stars.

Wicks

Juniors
Joseph Paulo not Junior Paulo

Parramatta have high quality across the park and players just missed out due to other players

I saw Williams in the backrow and he would have been in the next two with Matulino Williams may have started in the centres if I saw him there Baumann or Mundine would be the next selected lock

Penrith have four players

The wing was a difficult choice in terms of impact on the game Geia was the second best performed based on one game I watched at the ground and on tv Who was better from the tv games and what you have seen Bulldogs_4_Life named two centres

Kennedy and Friend were good but beaten by better performed players I mentioned how strong prop has been Iosefa has stood out and Carr may be more dominant Pettybourne played prop when I saw him Matthews was behind Matulino and Williams

That's after five rounds I am sure some positions will change as we see more games

Harrison would be pushing Kennedy for a first team spot Paulo is now in first grade and Thompson may be too