What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: Battlefront

Firey_Dragon

Coach
[youtube]lg_ht2GfQJU[/youtube]

The lighting in the tatooine demo is ridiculous. Super excited for this to come out... Easily my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

E3 in general was amazing this year, so many good games. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks incredible.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
[youtube]lg_ht2GfQJU[/youtube]

The lighting in the tatooine demo is ridiculous. Super excited for this to come out... Easily my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

E3 in general was amazing this year, so many good games. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks incredible.

Yeah, it's definitely a stand out in a really poor year for non Xbox owners alongside Fallout 4 and No Mans Sky.

I'm getting this and Fallout both on PC so I guess it doesn't matter largely. If those are truly the visuals for Battlefront running on PS4, I can't wait to see PC.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Yeah, it's definitely a stand out in a really poor year for non Xbox owners alongside Fallout 4 and No Mans Sky.

I'm getting this and Fallout both on PC so I guess it doesn't matter largely. If those are truly the visuals for Battlefront running on PS4, I can't wait to see PC.

I honestly couldn't care less about a single thing that Xbox is releasing this year. Gears of War 1, Halo 5 or Forza 6 don't invoke any level of excitement whatsoever for me. Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, MGS V, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Hitman and obviously Battlefront coming up.

There is no shortage of awesome multi-platform games. As for seeing battlefront on PC, DICE have come out and said PS4 is the lead platform, so there probably won't be a huge difference except for obviously being able to have resolutions above 1080p.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Far out.

I'd purposely avoided Watchung video of this game as I knew I'd get too excited lol.

I want it right now haha.

Cannot wait for both SP and MP. Friends and I need a new Co op game.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
played the shit out of the first one on the original Xbox and it's still a blast on PC

will definitely be all over this one

alien

Referee
alien was a part of the empire, but then he became a traitor and joined the rebel alliance! :shock:

redvscotty

First Grade
Tried to find a thread as I thought there already was one, but couldn't see it.

Got the Beta last night for Xbone...

It's got a capture the pod mode set in Sullust and the Hoth level available for play.

Played a few rounds of Sullust but was getting nailed and it was very samey so jumped into Hoth.

Wow. This is so far amazing. It's Battlefield (last one I spent any great time on was Bad Company 2) but set in the Star Wars universe.

Trying to down 2 AT-AT's with numerous air bombing attacks and AT-ST's running and firing at you, and then out of the blue Vader cuts you in half and destroys your whole team is a shit load of fun.

The power ups are good, the fighters are fun and pretty easy to play (only been in a snowspeeder so far) and the heroes seem to be pretty powerful, as you'd expect.

Some of the guns, especially the starting ones seem ridiculously OP/accurate from afar though.

I don't think I'll come out of the house until Christmas at this rate.

Parra Pride

Coach
Haven't been able to form much of an opinion gameplay wise, as I've only played three matches. Aesthetically though the game looks amazing, the noises of Tie Fights/X Wings and the like flying overhead, the sounds of the weapons firing all sound really authentic. So from that point of view they have seemingly done more than just re-skin Battlefield, they have really put the effort in to make it all look and sound like you are running around in the Star Wars universe. My hype levels for the full game have now risen considerably. It's going to be a good few months with this, Halo 5 and Fallout 4.

nöyd

Staff member
Downloading now, hard to find something else to do while I wait.

bileduct

Coach
Spent a fair bit of time playing this on the weekend.

Fairly impressed so far, but hard to draw any real conclusions from the limited content. Vehicle play was a bit simplistic.

Spent a fair bit of time playing this on the weekend.

Fairly impressed so far, but hard to draw any real conclusions from the limited content. Vehicle play was a bit simplistic.

It always on the previous incarnations of Battlefront.

Must admit got very excited watching FD's trailer.

Chuckled watching an AT-ST get nailed with a Bryar pistol.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Played the beta, was pretty disappointed with it to be honest. Shooting feels tight, but the card system and random drops I'm really not a fan of. Walker Assault felt super unbalanced unless you got an orbital strike and someone who knew how to use it. Lack of classes and the fact that blasters are pretty ineffective weapons don't make for high replay value. Sound design and visuals are incredible though.

I'll still end up getting it, but I feel it will be like another Titanfall has massive sales, but most people will grow tired of it pretty quickly.

My hype has diminished massively since I posted earlier in this thread.

Last edited: