What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: Battlefront

Hesitant to buy it at the moment, all the reviewers are saying it's amazing for the first ten hours but it's too barebones to really be great for any longer then that.

Problems with buying it later when it's cheap is that there won't be the same amount of people online.

Last Week

Bench
Yeah I still haven't picked mine up yet because of work, but it's sounding like a Call of Duty/Battlefield thing. Which I liked those games for a while, but I never really feel like I accomplish anything in the online matches.

A campaign mode would have gone down a treat for me with this game.

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah I still haven't picked mine up yet because of work, but it's sounding like a Call of Duty/Battlefield thing. Which I liked those games for a while, but I never really feel like I accomplish anything in the online matches.

A campaign mode would have gone down a treat for me with this game.

Wait, there is no campaign mode.

Bugger, I still prefer playing games offline.

If that's the case I might not get it.

Exsilium

First Grade
Wait, there is no campaign mode.

Bugger, I still prefer playing games offline.

If that's the case I might not get it.

A handful of solo style missions but primarily mass multiplayer. Great graphics, sounds and environments but a lot of people will miss having a campaign.

Exsilium

First Grade
Thanks.

May still get it, but yeah no campaign is a huge negative for me.

All in all it makes for a fun game. Like all multiplayer First person shooters it can get repeatitive fast but if you immerse yourself in the environments, sounds and buy into the theme then you will be fine without the campaign mode.

I dare say there will be plenty of DLC to come.

My verdict: it's fun, it's authentic but it's lacking content which for most of us in this thread are big on. I never buy CoD for the campaign mode so I will see what DLC comes out before I put it onto the "could have but didn't" category.

Someone

Bench
Yeah this game is okay but i feel so f**king dirty for giving EA money.

this DLC bullshit is sending me insane, this game itself nearly feels like a dlc there's so little in it. we pay full price we are entitled to a full game. some of the game modes are f**king awful and with a tweak could have been better. and why the f**k is a pistol the best weapon in the game?

obviously im in the minority but it feels very okay/meh to me after the first 2-3 hours. i dont see myself playing this for much longer than a few weeks, or until i get Siege.

redvscotty

First Grade
I love it, but I've only played sparingly due to RL stuff.

Still disappointed that the Squadron mode is just in the skies above the original maps.... Is there not a space mode?

Last Week

Bench
Playing this now. Still uncertain. It's a very well made game (although I think Han looks....nothing like Han). It's smooth, the shooting is great. What is in the game is good and very well polished.

But I still feel there needs to be more to it. A campaign mode would top it off for me. But not one like a CoD or Battlefield campaign. Closer to a God of War style of campaign.

bileduct

Coach
The solo play in this game is just pure unadulterated horseshit.

The solo battles with AI retinue are ridiculous on master difficulty. The enemy AI seems to have a 100% hit chance while your own guys just run around doing nothing like f**king dumbasses. f**king infuriating at times.

As for the rest of the game, it's definitely missing something.

Aragorn

First Grade
As for the rest of the game, it's definitely missing something.

If anything its lacking that sense of accomplishment when the game finishes.

They really should have made each map come with stages (no longer than 5 min each) that climaxed to the final where the rebel base was either captured or the empire destroyed. Some sort of victory dance for the winning team withhan solo planting a big fat kiss to Leah or dark vadar doing some sort of victory dance would have been cool to see. I just felt playing for 10mins only to see a message at the end which said "DEFEATED" or "VICTORY" followed by a 10 second picture of the base exploding or AT-AT being destroyed was a cheap way to end.

Still enjoying it though, and the new Jakku map, which is out today, looks f**king awesome.

Currently at rank 20. Cash is hard to come by and collecting all the cards, weapons and traits is a slow process.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I really do enjoy playing this but I wish I didn't suck so much.
That's why I prefer single player modes in gaming, I actually feel like a bad arse hero and not cannon fodder.

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm slowly getting better at the console shooting (auto-aim helps).

I just focus on going for objectives now. Easiest way to score point and often come across an ATAT or ATST token. Killed it with an X Wing last night just strafing the entire map.

It's a really well made game, but definitely lacking in some areas, lack of solo play sucks big time. I'll be interested to see what the DLC is.

bileduct

Coach
I like the new map. There's enough cover to move between to make it a challenge for snipers, etc.

I did end up rage quitting last night after being immediately killed four times in a row after spawning by orbital strikes and Boba Fett.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm sort of a "run in guns blazing" type of guy. Don't get people who stay hidden and take pot shots at people.

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm sort of a "run in guns blazing" type of guy. Don't get people who stay hidden and take pot shots at people.

That's this whole idea of this forum isn't it? Why would their gaming habits be any different?

I am a mix of the two, happy to rush in to capture a point and then get some good cover and pick off stragglers.

Aragorn

First Grade

I noticed those with the high kill rates and low deaths are the ones stationed in a sniper location behind you and pick you and everyone off one by one. I now where some of these locations are now having done my homework, and boy its fun gunning down runners one at a time from behind... they never see what hits each and every time :lol:

redvscotty

First Grade
I tried to jump into a turning point game last night...... the only available game had 3 people in it. Walker assault had some at 80% full.

Seems to have dropped off, but I haven't played in almost a week due to other shit on.

bileduct

Coach
Weird, every game of Turning Point I've played has been 100% full and I was on last night for a while.