What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

beave

Coach
I loved the originals as a kid and still now.

The prequels were a blue screen disgrace. The less said of the 3 abortions the better.

I loved Rogue One.

TFA I felt it was heading back in the right direction (real sets, less complicated naff story line) but I felt there were still parts of it that were frustrating.

Without repeating a multitide of text on the internet and being a hateboi, but another f**king ‘death star’??? They just keep making them bigger and bigger and still keep f**king it up.......

look there were elements that were very similar to the original (you could argue any that though with any series I guess) but I went to opening night and at times I cringed at the TFA as I felt it was just a corny reunion show at times.

Adam Driver annoyed me (I still think he looks like the love child of Marilyn Manson and Lady Gaga.....)

I really liked Daisy Ridley and Boyega.

I will go to opening night to the new one and fingers crossed it floats my boat.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Settle down dickhead, just giving my opinion and the reasons for it. If you can't live without endless Star Wars cash grabs and your comic books, fine.

Honestly i do like the films, as it was a growing up staple. Still like them but less so.

But the sincerity and reverence of the fan bois is astounding.

the movies are so blatantly full of cheese and always were. I mean ewoks, jar jar, rehashing plots to appease fans. Its meant to be taken lightly.

gUt

Coach
I think I set CC off a little by trolling in the comic book films thread with some bait about how bad DC is compared to Marvel.

But yeah in general the SW thing now is very like a cult it seems to me. I'm not bagging anyone for liking it/loving it more than I ever could and as I say I think the first movie in the new series wasn't too bad. But all the spin offs etc just seems so obviously a cynical cash grab I can't get motivated to see them. Maybe the prequels have put me off forever.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
The force awakens made $2billion and Rogue One made $1billion at the box office. Both movies have brought in heaps of people that aren’t even that familiar with the first 6 movies. Star Wars has now grown beyond what you would say is a cult following as it’s now not just the fanatics that enjoy it. Disney has done a good job bringing in viewers that are neither here nor there with Star Wars.

RockWheel

Bench
The force awakens made $2billion and Rogue One made $1billion at the box office. Both movies have brought in heaps of people that aren’t even that familiar with the first 6 movies. Star Wars has now grown beyond what you would say is a cult following as it’s now not just the fanatics that enjoy it. Disney has done a good job bringing in viewers that are neither here nor there with Star Wars.
star wars is one of the most popular/well known properties in contemporary pop culture and has been that way since the first movie?

LESStar58

Referee
So this just got released and my God I think it's spoiler heavy, especially the last scene!

Not sure what is going to be spoilery about that scene. I reckon its pretty obvious she gets a bit dark and Luke hands Rey her ass.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Not sure what is going to be spoilery about that scene. I reckon its pretty obvious she gets a bit dark and Luke hands Rey her ass.
Personally I think Rey gets over confident, wants to leave to take on Ren/Snoke, and Luke is cautioning her based on his own experience in Empire

Jono078

Referee
Interesting.....
I think it's telling that in all the posters Luke is on both sides (dark and light) and then in some snippets you see him in dark colours - usually meaning you are on the dark side.

We'll see. That's why I'm so interested in the film, they can take characters in many directions with dark and light side and I'll be happy and surprised whichever way they take them!

I also believe the Kylo voice over at the beginning is him speaking to Luke.