What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

adamkungl

Immortal
What if Old Ben shagged Leila = Rey??

A bit of stretch but not completely impossible.

Leila did send him the message saying "save me Obi Wan, you're my only hope".

Sure, Leila would look like the biggest s**t to ever have graced the universe, but that would be one hell of story to tell.

Anyway, how else can Reys Jedi force be so strong that she can over-power a skilled warrior, with Skywalker blood in Klyo Ren and with zero training???? Skywalker & Kenobi blood, thats how.

But if it turns out shes the twin sister of Ren, just like Leila was to Luke, I'd be pretty f**king disppointed at the plagrism and predictability of it all....

Being Han's or Leia's daughter wouldn't make any sense, and being Luke's would be a bit too obvious.
I'm all aboard the Kenobi hypetrain

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It would have to be blue Kenobi slaying b*tches wouldn't it? Given the time that has passed since his death.

adamkungl

Immortal
Rey would be Kenobis granddaughter, not daughter.

Which would make Ren v Rey a battle between the grandchildren of 2 legends. I like it.

Being Han's or Leia's daughter wouldn't make any sense, and being Luke's would be a bit too obvious.

Not really. It would explain her being "dumped" on Jaku as a way of hiding her. Additionally, if she was Ren's sister, it might explain why he was so easily seduced by the drak side - he was upset already at being separated form his sister (even if he did not recognise her when they met up).

Aragorn

First Grade
I'm all aboard the Kenobi hypetrain

This is now Disney's shop, and their target audience is usually young kids for the toys and longevity of the franchise. Because of that, I think they'll keep the plot really simply and she'll end up being Luke's daughter. Its just way easier to explain, especially to non-star wars followers who havent necessarily followed the franchise.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not really. It would explain her being "dumped" on Jaku as a way of hiding her. Additionally, if she was Ren's sister, it might explain why he was so easily seduced by the drak side - he was upset already at being separated form his sister (even if he did not recognise her when they met up).

Why would they hide one child and not the other, and from who?
Why would neither parent acknowledge it when she was hanging out with them later?
It makes no sense whatsoever lol, and would likely be cheap and contrived

Zoidberg

First Grade
I wish I could just forget about it and come December be like "oh that's right, new Star Wars movie coming out soon", but no, I will be continually looking forward to and excited about every next release every year.

LESStar58

Referee
Love Woody but this is the film im least looking forward to out of all the rumoured spin offs. Just don't think anyone can play Han and even if they can then im not sure I even care about his back story

Woody has been confirmed. I for one am hyped by that. I have always loved him.

I was skeptical at first too. After rogue one... not so much.

adamkungl

Immortal
Don't know why Star Wars fans are so against recasting. Basically every iconic character in a long running series has been re-cast multiple times.

If Star Wars is going to put out material at this kind of rate, it's gonna need to re-cast characters here and there.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Don't know why Star Wars fans are so against recasting. Basically every iconic character in a long running series has been re-cast multiple times.

If Star Wars is going to put out material at this kind of rate, it's gonna need to re-cast characters here and there.
Tbf most SW fans are ok with it and understand that it's a necessity

Personally I don't think we need a Han Solo movie but I'll be there, opening night to see it anyway cause I'm into Star Wars that much. I thought an Obi Wan film starring Ewan and set after Ep3 would have been more intriguing

Personally I don't think we need a Han Solo movie but I'll be there, opening night to see it anyway cause I'm into Star Wars that much. I thought an Obi Wan film starring Ewan and set after Ep3 would have been more intriguing

Watched an interview with Ewan and he's keen to do one

adamkungl

Immortal

Id do Ewan McGregor, only actor in prequels who wasnt disgraceful.

LESStar58

Referee
Can't recall the exactly what Maz said, but why did Luke's lightsaber call out to Rey?

She didn't say why. She just said it was Luke's, and his father's before him and now it calls to you (Rey).

When Han asks where she got it she says its a story for another time.

LESStar58

Referee
I've just started reading "Bloodlines" which is one of the novels leading up to TFA.

Each novel has the official timeline in it and thus far it only goes up to TFA... but it got me thinking; the final book of the Aftermath Trilogy titled "Empire's End" is out on Feb 21st. There's also a Thrawn novel out in April.

I would expect the Episode 8 title to be released before "Empire's End" goes to press at the earliest so the new book can feature the new movie in the timeline. Then again the latest it might be released could be April when "Thrawn" comes out.

Latest posts