What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

LESStar58

Referee
It talks about fan theories that Luke will be training new Jedi and that may be part of it, but does anyone else think that Luke knows where other Jedi might already be and he told them to go into hiding when he did?

The idea of Luke spending the whole movie training new jedi sounds a little too X-Men First Class for my liking.

A couple newbies sure, but there must be Jedi somewhere else.

Good point. I remember one of the EU trilogies (now legends) where Luke goes out to find all of the Force sensitive beings... including one that lives alone in the abandoned Cloud City on Bespin. Similar premise to a degree.

Aragorn

First Grade
Makes a lot of sense.

Luke trains Rey then off they go seeking the last of the Jedi (plural) before Luke dies at the end of the film.

Simple plot even my 6 year old can understand.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I was thinking Luke would die in X rather than IX. Unless they bring Luke back in X as a Jedi ghost or whatever the hell they are.Killing one original per movie seems a little too systematic.

LESStar58

Referee
I was thinking Luke would die in X rather than IX. Unless they bring Luke back in X as a Jedi ghost or whatever the hell they are.Killing one original per movie seems a little too systematic.

Have they announced Episode 10 or do you just have your Roman numerals mixed around? ;-)

LESStar58

Referee
Having said that though I hope they do another trilogy after this. Ideally Luke survives this trilogy and gets killed off in the following.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If they were to do another trilogy (and if the money is there no doubt they will) I think they'll want a clean slate as far as the originals go (with the possible exception of those who aren't necessarily actor dependent like Chewie, C3-D2 etc)

shiznit

Coach
Having said that though I hope they do another trilogy after this. Ideally Luke survives this trilogy and gets killed off in the following.
I can see the dark side already... "we've been beaten by the Jedi again... how do we come back from this..."

A new Sith Lord comes forth and says... "we make a new Death Star.... only bigger...."

Good point. I remember one of the EU trilogies (now legends) where Luke goes out to find all of the Force sensitive beings... including one that lives alone in the abandoned Cloud City on Bespin. Similar premise to a degree.

The Jedi Academy Trilogy (comprising Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, and Champions of the Force all written by Kevin J. Anderson).

Maz Kanata to die in Episode IX, muttering the words "No...there...is...a-a-another Sky....walk....errrrrrr....ZZZZ"?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
The GMA thing was just an Omaze charity competition announcement

We will see the Trailer online later on Friday Australian time

They will be showing it at the Celebration 40th anniversary panel at 11am Orlando time on Thursday. They'll wait a few hours before officially releasing it online, similar to what they did in 2015 with TFA

Best we'll get before then is some shaky phone footage

I have a few friends over there now who are going. Im jealous as f**k

Latest posts