What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

myrrh ken

First Grade
Jedi can be plural.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi—it’s definitely plural!
Foreign titles give the game away: Episode VIII will feature multiple Jedi.

JONATHAN M. GITLIN - 2/18/2017, 4:46 AM

C42xgv9WIAEhLNZ-800x618.jpg

When news broke last month that Episode VIII would be called Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the response was... predictable. That's right, hundreds of online arguments spawned by that ambiguous title. After all, "Jedi" can be both singular and plural. Did this mean Luke Skywalker was "the last Jedi" all on his own?

Now we wonder no more.

There will be more than one Jedi, so fan theories that we'll see Luke train a new crop of force-wielders are starting to look good. Foreign-language titles have started appearing for the movie ahead of its December 2017 release, and there's nothing ambiguous about it in French, German, or Spanish:

C42xgv9WIAEhLNZ.jpg:small

Star Wars: Les Derniers Jedi, Star Wars: Die Letzten Jedi, and Star Wars: Los Últimos Jedi have given the game away. Unlike English, adjectives are conjugated in French, German, and Spanish, so we can tell that the Jedi referred to are multiple. So many pedantic arguments can now consider themselves done. What I really want to know next is this: will Episode VIII have AT-ATs?

LESStar58

Referee
So, I'm getting the girlfriend into Star Wars for when this comes out. What's everyone's opinions on what order to watch them in?

Release date or chronological order?

Also, FYI, I have Rogue One and yes, the prequels will be watched.

Holy trilogy followed by prequel trilogy and then TFA. Or epsiodes 4 and 5, then the prequel trilogy then 6 and 7.

Does she already know vader is Luke's father because if she does it doesn't matter what sequence she watches them in. Oh and I'd also do Rogue one after shes watched all 7.

Last Week

Bench
Holy trilogy followed by prequel trilogy and then TFA. Or epsiodes 4 and 5, then the prequel trilogy then 6 and 7.

Does she already know vader is Luke's father because if she does it doesn't matter what sequence she watches them in. Oh and I'd also do Rogue one after shes watched all 7.

Ah of course. I forgot about that big reveal. That sets it. Original first. Prequels second.

PJ

First Grade
I agree about the Machete order.

Also love Mr Plinketts review of Ep1. Finally made it worth sitting through that pile of crap to see it so effectively eviscerated in the Plnkett reviews

LESStar58

Referee
+1 for Machete order

Beginning with Rogue One could be an option too.

Me and a mate marathoned it together when TFA came out. We'll be starting with Rogue One this time around and then I'll do another marathon with prequels one movie per night like I did last time.

shiznit

Coach
TLJ trailer is supposed to be coming next Friday... 14/04.

I'm a wee bit hesitant as the day I first heard it on was April 1.

But it seems to have been reported from a number of different places now...

LESStar58

Referee
TLJ trailer is supposed to be coming next Friday... 14/04.

I'm a wee bit hesitant as the day I first heard it on was April 1.

But it seems to have been reported from a number of different places now...

That would be the 2nd day of Star Wars Celebration... there may not be a trailer but there might be a sizzle reel is what I heard. I just want to see footage.

Storm13

Juniors
Rouge one didn't hold up on second viewing for me outside the cinema . Still good but felt a little flat. I fear for the Han spin off.

elyod138

Bench
Rouge one didn't hold up on second viewing for me outside the cinema . Still good but felt a little flat. I fear for the Han spin off.
The guys who did The Lego Movie and 21/22 Jump Street are behind it. I think it'll be a fun movie with a lot of humour.

LESStar58

Referee
Apparently this Han solo flick will be like an old spaghetti western as well. This pleases me.

LESStar58

Referee
The guys who did The Lego Movie and 21/22 Jump Street are behind it. I think it'll be a fun movie with a lot of humour.

Seeing as Disney also own that OTHER Lucasfilm property, I'd like to see them add to the humour by showing how Han Solo got the scar on his chin like they did with Indy in "Last Crusade".

It would be a nice little nod to the kinship between the 2 characters and the 2 franchises.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Star Wars: The Last Jedi—it’s definitely plural!
Foreign titles give the game away: Episode VIII will feature multiple Jedi.

JONATHAN M. GITLIN - 2/18/2017, 4:46 AM

C42xgv9WIAEhLNZ-800x618.jpg

When news broke last month that Episode VIII would be called Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the response was... predictable. That's right, hundreds of online arguments spawned by that ambiguous title. After all, "Jedi" can be both singular and plural. Did this mean Luke Skywalker was "the last Jedi" all on his own?

Now we wonder no more.

There will be more than one Jedi, so fan theories that we'll see Luke train a new crop of force-wielders are starting to look good. Foreign-language titles have started appearing for the movie ahead of its December 2017 release, and there's nothing ambiguous about it in French, German, or Spanish:

C42xgv9WIAEhLNZ.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/StarWarsSpain
Star Wars: Les Derniers Jedi, Star Wars: Die Letzten Jedi, and Star Wars: Los Últimos Jedi have given the game away. Unlike English, adjectives are conjugated in French, German, and Spanish, so we can tell that the Jedi referred to are multiple. So many pedantic arguments can now consider themselves done. What I really want to know next is this: will Episode VIII have AT-ATs?

It talks about fan theories that Luke will be training new Jedi and that may be part of it, but does anyone else think that Luke knows where other Jedi might already be and he told them to go into hiding when he did?

The idea of Luke spending the whole movie training new jedi sounds a little too X-Men First Class for my liking.

A couple newbies sure, but there must be Jedi somewhere else.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Storm it was still better than the force awakens....

Agree.

i don;t know if i'm on my pat malone in thinking Jyn was infinitely more likeable than Rey.

Also people complain that the side characters were not developed, but I thought they were deeper than Poe, Captain Phasma, etc.

Latest posts