What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stardust v cody rhodes

alien

Referee
so i was having a chat with some people who are also into wwe and a few of them said they didnt really like the stardust character and thought he should have stayed as cody rhodes. i just think the cody rhodes character was a little bit boring and i think him as stardust is much more entertaining. would do you people think???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItR9zDvblHo

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I personally liked the face mask Cody Rhodes. If he went with a Black Lebron face mask it would've been even better.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm a Rhodes fan no matter what form. Think about all the gimmicks the guy has done, some that would sink other wrestlers. He always finds a way to make it work and be entertaining.

It's just a shame that whenever one gimmick starts to get over and push him towards the top he seems to lose his push or have his gimmick changed.

mackdadday

Juniors
i think cody could have gone over huge when he was the loose cannon who got fired but they made it too short before he got his job back. one of the many many cases of this over the last year in the wwe.

Bulldog Force

Referee
so i was having a chat with some people who are also into wwe and a few of them said they didnt really like the stardust character and thought he should have stayed as cody rhodes. i just think the cody rhodes character was a little bit boring and i think him as stardust is much more entertaining. would do you people think???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItR9zDvblHo

I think Star dust is the change Cody needed. It's the type of thing that will work well with his brother. At 45, I'm not sure how long Goldust has left in him (he hinting retiring at this age a couple of years ago), but when that eventually does happen, I think Cody should go back to being his normal self and probably push for a US or IC title reign.

I like the science fact thing, but besides that, I'm not into it, which is a shame because I've always thought Goldust was awesome. I just don't see the point in Stardust. Why does he have to be his brothers gimmick? It's like when Brad Armstrong became Buzzkill.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
I'm a Rhodes fan no matter what form. Think about all the gimmicks the guy has done, some that would sink other wrestlers. He always finds a way to make it work and be entertaining.

It's just a shame that whenever one gimmick starts to get over and push him towards the top he seems to lose his push or have his gimmick changed.
I'd put Damien Sandow in that category too. God I thought being Miz's stunt double was going to kill him.

Also Stardust is a good way to keep him relevant and on camera, but he will never break onto the main event scene with it.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'd put Damien Sandow in that category too. God I thought being Miz's stunt double was going to kill him.

Also Stardust is a good way to keep him relevant and on camera, but he will never break onto the main event scene with it.

Unless Goldust retires.

You're right about Sandow. It was only last year he won MitB and was looking to get a big push, Look how that turned out.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Am I the only one who prefers Cody, as Cody? No mask, no 'tache, but just Cody?
I remember a few years ago when he was very impressive one year in the Royal Rumble. I thought it could be the foundation of a push into the ME (ala Reigns, although Rhodes obviously didnt get that many eliminations!)

Realistically, I cant see Cody or Stardust or whatever version of him they decide, ever getting into the ME scene which is a shame. I reckon hes a great performer.
At best, tag titles and Mid card single title.

Cody will probably end up in a similar role to Christian. A well established and popular hand the WWE can depend on for years, but not someone who will be a long term top player.

1913426_961067517240757_3839566858982544000_o.jpg

alien

Referee
Cody will probably end up in a similar role to Christian. A well established and popular hand the WWE can depend on for years, but not someone who will be a long term top player.

Well Christian was a part of one of the greatest tag-teams, but as a singles wrestler, I agree. I wonder how long Gold & Stardust will stay as a tag-team..