What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Champs GF : Pride v Panthers - Predictions / Possibilities / Press

The Partisan

Hopefully the boys from the North haven't partied to hard after the big win last week and can put in a good show this Sunday.

Having watched the NSW Cup GF during the week - i think they have their work cut out for them !

franklin2323

Immortal
Hopefully the boys from the North haven't partied to hard after the big win last week and can put in a good show this Sunday.

Having watched the NSW Cup GF during the week - i think they have their work cut out for them !

We have put in a few terrible halves etc where we have blown huge leads and just got home. Brennan seems to be able to get the team switched on when it matters it was the same in the NYC last year.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Make the Sydney team travel to Cairns - would make it interesting. Sad to know that the game will be played in front of a quarter filled stadium with very few people there who have any serious interest.

For the record, I've taken the $4.95 about Pride. They are a very good team, not saying they will win but with some luck will be in it for a long way.

Nealo 12

Bench
Make the Sydney team travel to Cairns - would make it interesting. Sad to know that the game will be played in front of a quarter filled stadium with very few people there who have any serious interest.

For the record, I've taken the $4.95 about Pride. They are a very good team, not saying they will win but with some luck will be in it for a long way.

Pennies have played in NZ this year so travel no problem there .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Pennies for sure.

One of the strongest NSW Cup sides ever produced. Vastly experienced.

There will be years the QLD team wins, this will not be one of them.

The QLD fellas will put a good show on, but they will be out classed in the end.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I don't reckon you have spent a lot of time in Cairns. I went through Penrith last week, fair margin to what Cairns is like in October.

Nugget10

Juniors

Not a bad price and I reckon the pride will win it. Qcup is a superior comp and the Pride have been the benchmark all year

XXXX Cap

Juniors
No doubt, Brisbane is pretty crook in February but that is not when they are playing it.

The big plus for Pride is that they have had two of the last four weeks off. They are coming in relatively fresh, not over the top like would often be the case by this stage.

Hearing Penrith described as "One of the strongest NSW Cup sides ever produced. Vastly experienced.", obviously means they will have their work cut out.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't reckon you have spent a lot of time in Cairns. I went through Penrith last week, fair margin to what Cairns is like in October.

It was 35 degrees in the Riff the other day.

Hearing Penrith described as "One of the strongest NSW Cup sides ever produced. Vastly experienced.", obviously means they will have their work cut out.

I don't think they are a stronger side than the 1987 Panthers reserve grade who won the comp. Much of the side comes from last year's Under 20 side which also won the premiership, with a few players with considerable first grade experience, notably Kevin Kingston, the Naquama brothers and Nathan Smith. None of this side could break into first grade though, with the exception of Ben Murdoch-Masila. Those who went to the NRL late in the season (Robinson, DWZ, Will Smith) have been omitted. You could expect to see Waqa Blake, Regan Campbell-Gillard and a couple of others making first grade debuts next year in what is now a pretty strong and settled team.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I kept trying to tell them that Pride are a good team.

Penrith may still win but they will know they have been in a match.

flippikat

Bench
The closeness of the game has proven the worth of this concept.

Maybe the next step could be a "cross-over" round or two where clubs play their counterparts across the border?

Sure it would require some co-ordination & having the same number of clubs in each comp, but it might add something as well...