What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STATE OF ORIGIN (2008) QLD v NSW

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
HOLY **** :shock:

:clap: Madunit & Willow... some awesome scores!

GO QLD! What a team to be a part of :D

NSW... better luck next time, some awesome articles and it took 5 posts averaging > 90 to beat you, unlucky.

Titanic

First Grade
Friggin' yaaaahoooo - a win by any other name - thanks team for the opportunity and to Steel Dragon for the marking. In fact the theme was to ridicule the tragedy of footy fans who belittle the true stars. I could easily have substituted Benny Elias or any number of Blues "wankers" in there ... lol.

I totally agree with the refs assessment of MaDunit's piece ... he led out far too strongly and showing no mercy put the Blues off their game ... thanks to you all for the great game that it is.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Thanks for the marking, Steel Dragon. On a personal note, that's my highest score so far, so huzzah for that.

Congrats to Queensland on a top effort. That's definitely the highest team score I've come across.

Don't worry Blues, we'll get 'em next time!

The Piper

Juniors
What a match!
Awesome Unit and Queensland :thumn
Thanks Steel Dragon and I concur with it being one of the best F7s games this year. Fitting for the State Of Origin.
Unlucky Blues, every article was great and I'm very happy equalling my PB :)

LeagueNut

First Grade
Congrats all, what a great match. :clap::clap:

And well done Unit. Hopefully we can have a week or two now without you whinging about never getting decent scores. ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats all, what a great match. :clap::clap:

And well done Unit. Hopefully we can have a week or two now without you whinging about never getting decent scores. ;-)
hahaha.

thats my highest score yet.

are you going to give me 37 backpacker points for that or what? lol

Seriously though, this is without a doubt the greatest compilation of F7's articles I've ever come across in one game. Both sides deserved to win.

Thanks Steel Dragon for the very accurate marking.

comiseration Blues, any score over 420 is usually enough to win, don't be down about losing this one, my goodness!

madunit said:
Fantastic stuff mate – it’s a shame you were limited to 750 words
Yeah, I had to cut it back from 900 words. I had an entire days activities lined up. I might have to do another article with all the other activities in it.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Congrats Qld and tough luck NSW, we held them for two weeks and did the state proud!

Thanks ref for the great score. Didn't expect it and its quite a surprise. My only misgiving is having to share the envelope with madunit. lol

Re: I very much enjoyed reading this, but felt that the ending could have been somewhat stronger. Still loved it though.

Alas, our hero had no choice but to wander off into the desert... for to seek that greater wisdom, he must return to the world from whence he came.

But he'll be back! ;-)

Big Mick

Referee
WOW...I swear i put that article in the word counter and it came out with 748...haha then i just did it again and it came with 752...spewing! hahaha 93 would have been my best ever score haha....ah well...awesome!!!! haha

Thanks for the marking Steel...well done.

Well I concur that was the best sevens game i'd ever read.

Willow...Unit...quality!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Qld and tough luck NSW, we held them for two weeks and did the state proud!

Thanks ref for the great score. Didn't expect it and its quite a surprise. My only misgiving is having to share the envelope with madunit. lol
you should be honoured to be spoken about as an equal to madunit :cool:

seriously though, I thought your article was going to be the clear cut article of the game, with Big Mick or Azkatro to be second to you.

I didn't think my metaphor-a-thon would do as well as it did.

glockers

Juniors
Sorry fellas my lowest score of the year. Steel Dragon is right though, nothing wrogn with it and it was a tight yarn, yet it was missing that little bit extra now I have re-read it. I think all my good stuff went into my basketball blog and newspaper politics column this week.

Thus the life of a writer.