What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2017

Blair

Coach
Don't think it will be a turning point, the flow of the game NSW are smashing them all over the park, unless Qld get some leg ups out of their own end for a sustained period of attack it will be NSW by 24-30

And as far as Slater and Thurston are going, well, it's beside the point when you hold your breath every time they get in a collision.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
There was some chat going around that Slater wasn't picked for game 1, because he hasn't been putting his body on the line, especially in defence where there were quite a few times he avoided contact when the opposition were going in for a try

Have noticed that every time he catches the ball on the full now he immediately looks for the closest winger to pass too

Blair

Coach
Six mins gone 2nd half and already Qld forwards with hands on hips. It might be over.

Blair

Coach
There was some chat going around that Slater wasn't picked for game 1, because he hasn't been putting his body on the line, especially in defence where there were quite a few times he avoided contact when the opposition were going in for a try

Have noticed that every time he catches the ball on the full now he immediately looks for the closest winger to pass too

Yeah, he's definitely using Gagai, in particular, as his gimp tonight.

Blair

Coach
And the marketers get exactly what they ordered, a game 3 decider

It's worth it all round, tremendous football. Origin is back. Gets ya through winter.

I thought Napa coming on like a psycho really changed the game, suddenly NSW weren't nearly so dominant up the middle.

Hayne had a shocker.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Pretty solid game, thought the refs were pretty rubbish both ways though. Good comeback by QLD, but I'm still amazed they won. Thought NSW looked in control for most of the game.

Good to see it set up a decider though, should be a good one.

JJ

Immortal
NSW should have won that easily - FMD if they get rolled in Brisbane Daley should never be allowed near a coaching post ever - even Kearney can get teams to play for 80 mins in rep football

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And the marketers get exactly what they ordered, a game 3 decider

Whilst true, that's no one else's fault but the inept NSW 17 (and Daley). To not be able to put away QLD with the dominance they had in that game is laughable.

Every year, NSW wins a game and gets carried away with themselves. The media had already chalked up 2-0, Jarryd "I believe I'm God' Hayne had too and was already reading his own plaudits.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Whilst true, that's no one else's fault but the inept NSW 17 (and Daley). To not be able to put away QLD with the dominance they had in that game is laughable.

Every year, NSW wins a game and gets carried away with themselves. The media had already chalked up 2-0, Jarryd "I believe I'm God' Hayne had too and was already reading his own plaudits.

Mostly true, however the only real dominance they had in that game was the 1st half, which they took a 10 point in, which probably should have been more

As happens in most NRL games, the team behind on the scoreboard get a nice run of penalties (NSW received 0 in the 2nd half) and lose control of momentum and that's always tough to get back

NSW shot themselves in the foot many times, while also being on the wrong side of quite a few things. The most obvious being Dugan tackled so he couldn't contest a kick, penalty there, 2 pts on the board and who knows what happens from there

Looking forward to it all being over for another year tbh, don't mind the footy but the preview/review gets a a bit much after a while

Blair

Coach
Channel Nine is outdoing itself with the hype for this one, 'the most anticipated rugby league match in decades', or something like that.

It is the most anticipated Origin match since, well, probably the last 'decider'.

Can't wait but.

JT will be paraded around the ground on a chariot. I'm surprised they didn't latch onto the Warriors idea and put him in jersey number seven but with no intention of playing him.

It's actually quite a neat idea, he'd run on with his team-mates for starters. I'm sure he'd prefer that to being paraded around like a prince.

Edit: actually, I'd forgotten JT has his arm 'in a sling'. That would be a ludicrous sight if they had him running out with the team, ala Manu this Friday night!

Last edited:
Wow, just to have some of the brains in our team at work here in QLD, even forwards who are just given a role to carry out and do it.

Any chance Cronks misses can get a job in NZ asap????? :)