What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2018

callmack1

Staff member
What another great Origin game that was!! So friggin good and is probs up there with one of the greatest in a long time tbh. It just had everything and it's what Origin is all about.

Gags and Cookie were absolutely outstanding in that game, especially Cookie. Gus wasn't quite so good and that really bad pass where he held on too long changed the game.

On another note, I'm not a big fan of the guy but it was so good to see DCE play like that, he was enormous.

Congrats to Queensland for winning tonight, showing that they're a better team than many have given them credit for. It's also amazing to send Slater the legend out with a win.

But probably a bigger congrats has to go to NSW for winning the series, we'll deserved.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What another great Origin game that was!! So friggin good and is probs up there with one of the greatest in a long time tbh. It just had everything and it's what Origin is all about.

Gags and Cookie were absolutely outstanding in that game, especially Cookie. Gus wasn't quite so good and that really bad pass where he held on too long changed the game.

On another note, I'm not a big fan of the guy but it was so good to see DCE play like that, he was enormous.

Congrats to Queensland for winning tonight, showing that they're a better team than many have given them credit for. It's also amazing to send Slater the legend out with a win.

But probably a bigger congrats has to go to NSW for winning the series, we'll deserved.
Yep brilliant origin footy but a shame re the officiating at times there.

Cookie was sublime. You could tell how exhausted he was there too but he dug deep! If only Gags would do that for us bro.

Agree re Slater but no way at all was he man of series. That's farcical bro!

ThingFish

Juniors
Yep brilliant origin footy but a shame re the officiating at times there.

Cookie was sublime. You could tell how exhausted he was there too but he dug deep! If only Gags would do that for us bro.

Agree re Slater but no way at all was he man of series. That's farcical bro!
Did you hear Cam Smith in the post game say he thought Hunt was the best Hooker on the field? WTF

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did you hear Cam Smith in the post game say he thought Hunt was the best Hooker on the field? WTF
Didn't hear that mate but he must be on delusion juice........ what was he watching??

Oh well hopefully Cookie carves up the Storm when we play em..... mind you their plan will be as always slowing the ruck as much as they can to a crawling pace plus standing only 6-7 metres back and not 10..... that is their mantra and the refs don't police it......... whenever we play Storm I have no voice left afterwards....

ThingFish

Juniors
Didn't hear that mate but he must be on delusion juice........ what was he watching??

Oh well hopefully Cookie carves up the Storm when we play em..... mind you their plan will be as always slowing the ruck as much as they can to a crawling pace plus standing only 6-7 metres back and not 10..... that is their mantra and the refs don't police it......... whenever we play Storm I have no voice left afterwards....
Dude, I was just saying that to my brother. We are having a boys game in the members bar for the Storm game, and I said get ready to shout for 80mins because those bastards never get back the 10 and the refs let em. :joy::joy::clap:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dude, I was just saying that to my brother. We are having a boys game in the members bar for the Storm game, and I said get ready to shout for 80mins because those bastards never get back the 10 and the refs let em. :joy::joy::clap:
To make matters worse bro what's the bet we get Cecchin or Klein as ref??

I don't even wanna think of it..........

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
I'm still surprised NSW went with Gus over someone like Josh Jackson, particularly given the minutes he plated each match. By the end tonight he could barely lift his feet and his no-pass to Roberts was a clanger. He is a very good first grader but I'm not convinced he is quite Origin standard yet.
On the other hand, Cook was outstanding. McInnes is not going to get a look-in any time soon

callmack1

Staff member
Yea, don't get me wrong, it is fitting that Slater went out as a Wally Lewis medal winner but really, he shouldn't have won it.

He only played two games and Quensland lost the series so while it is cool it's kind of like WTF?

Cookie or Tedesco should have got it I reckon.