What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2018

I'm therefore the second to admit my reservations re Cook----NSW will have a very inexperienced side for SOO level & having so many debs could easily backfire!!
Could start a new dynasty also mate never know. The old plan failed for years so let’s see how theses guys go.

Travitoh

First Grade
Definitely a well deserved reward for the years of toil Cook has put in that has led upto this seasons form.

Anyone got some alphabet spaghetti? Because I've said a few words in previous seasons that I'm due to eat.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Looking at the sides I fail to see how NSW dont win 3-0.
The only people who can beat the blues this year are themselves in my opinion

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Just watched a live interview with Cook on Fox Big League Wrap,he handled himself magnificently,he's very excited about working with Danny Buderus,he definitely will come out of this series a better player than he is now,which will be awesome to watch.

JetRider

Juniors
I think both teams are evenly matched and would not consider the Blues a certainty. I hope the Blues win and this is the start of a long reign, but I donot underestimate a Qld side with the talent it has.

Curns13

Juniors
Looking at the sides I fail to see how NSW dont win 3-0.
The only people who can beat the blues this year are themselves in my opinion
Qld’s backline is a lot better than NSW’s in my opinion. I would take Slater over Tedesco, Gagai over Trobojevic, Inglis over Mitchell, Chambers over Roberts and Holmes over Addo-Carr. I think Maloney is the best of the halves, but Cleary is also the worst. If I was picking a best of Origin team right now, I’d pick 6 out of 7 Qlders. That might all change in 2 months time, but right now I think that is a big advantage to Qld.

If the Qld forwards can match their NSW counterparts (which they have consistently done in the past even when outmatched on paper) then I think our class in the backline will get us home.

Pommy

Coach
Qld’s backline is a lot better than NSW’s in my opinion. I would take Slater over Tedesco, Gagai over Trobojevic, Inglis over Mitchell, Chambers over Roberts and Holmes over Addo-Carr. I think Maloney is the best of the halves, but Cleary is also the worst. If I was picking a best of Origin team right now, I’d pick 6 out of 7 Qlders. That might all change in 2 months time, but right now I think that is a big advantage to Qld.

If the Qld forwards can match their NSW counterparts (which they have consistently done in the past even when outmatched on paper) then I think our class in the backline will get us home.

Mate that pack isn’t good enough for the NRL never mind origin.

Curns13

Juniors
Cook and Crichton get Origin calls: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/28/cook-and-crichton-get-origin-calls/

Cook and Crichton report for Blues duty: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/28/cook-and-crichton-set-to-report-for-blues-duty/

So, so happy for Cookie and Crichton, it's just fantastic!!
f**k Crichton. Only has his spot cuz he turned his back on us. 1 very good game out of 12 doesn’t make you an origin player. I hope he gets exposed, turncoat.

Curns13

Juniors
Mate that pack isn’t good enough for the NRL never mind origin.
Other than Cook and perhaps Frizell, NSW dont have game breakers in their pack. I’m not worried about De Belin, Cordner or Klemmer doing much damage. And I think you are under rating Wallace in particular. His stats this season are absolutely outstanding.

For instance, most people probably rate Campbell-Gillard as the best (or close to it) prop in the game.

Wallace - 112 metres per game, 94% tackling efficiency, 6 offloads (total)
RCG - 100 metres per game, 86% tackling efficiency, 4 offloads

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
So thrilled for all the boys but especially Cook. Im the first to admit i had my reservations and expressed that in a few posts last year but he has continued to work hard and is a real weapon now. This could push him to another level again. I love being wrong sometimes.
I always believed in Cookie mate this whole time!!!

I knew he had it in him!

Just needed a coach to believe in him and let him play the way he wants too!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watched a live interview with Cook on Fox Big League Wrap,he handled himself magnificently,he's very excited about working with Danny Buderus,he definitely will come out of this series a better player than he is now,which will be awesome to watch.
My man Cooooooookkkkkkkkiiiiieeeeeee Itsa!

You beauty!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
f**k Crichton. Only has his spot cuz he turned his back on us. 1 very good game out of 12 doesn’t make you an origin player. I hope he gets exposed, turncoat.
Sorry but Angus has been very good the past 5 weeks.

He had a disrupted pre season too...

At least he's sticking to his word that he'd give his all for Souths. I can't fault him at all on that so far!

Curns13

Juniors
Sorry but Angus has been very good the past 5 weeks.

He had a disrupted pre season too...

At least he's sticking to his word that he'd give his all for Souths. I can't fault him at all on that so far!
And yet, before this weekend (votes havent been tallied yet) he had only featured in 1 outta 11 games in our best on ground votes. If you can’t be a top 3 player in your club team as a go to backrower more often than once every ten weeks, you don’t deserve your spot. f**k him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And yet, before this weekend (votes havent been tallied yet) he had only featured in 1 outta 11 games in our best on ground votes. If you can’t be a top 3 player in your club team as a go to backrower more often than once every ten weeks, you don’t deserve your spot. f**k him.
We've had a lot of brilliant players though!

Most have been performing at a high level.

Curns13

Juniors
We've had a lot of brilliant players though!

Most have been performing at a high level.
He is behind Sam, Cook, Murray, Johnston, Inglis, Tom and Sutto. He is behind Sutton who is a million years old (and playing f**king well) and 2nd year Murray who has come off the bench at times and missed games with injury. He isn’t even a top 5 forward at our club. He’s playing Origin because he sucked off Politis over the off season, not because of his form.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He is behind Sam, Cook, Murray, Johnston, Inglis, Tom and Sutto. He is behind Sutton who is a million years old (and playing f**king well) and 2nd year Murray who has come off the bench at times and missed games with injury. He isn’t even a top 5 forward at our club. He’s playing Origin because he sucked off Politis over the off season, not because of his form.
I think Angus has been slightly better than AJ.

I think he's on par with Murray too.

Anyhow it is what it is!

You'll see next year anyway how Angus leaves a big hole.

He's been doing a lot of stuff this year that has gone unnoticed.

Curns13

Juniors
I think Angus has been slightly better than AJ.

I think he's on par with Murray too.

Anyhow it is what it is!

You'll see next year anyway how Angus leaves a big hole.

He's been doing a lot of stuff this year that has gone unnoticed.
He won’t be missed. Should send him out today. Fui and Murray will easily cover him. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Angus.

doyen

Bench
NSWs has 11 debs---QLD has 3----McCullough,one of these debs, has played in 224 NRL games & Kaufusi 2 tests for Aust!! Jai ARROW is the least experienced rep player.
Qld to me have the edge--watch for a blinder from GI !!!