What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin Game One - 7:30pm Channel 9!!!!

Alehana

Juniors
OMFG, soo on 7:30 wednesday on 9,

OUr prayers have been answered boys, this is what we have waited for........ finally some recognition to the WA general public and i reckon our game will grow in popularity and recognition as a result,

WHAT A DAY

next step, getting the footy show and friday night game at a reasonable time, and more matches over the weekend.

but i'm not counting on anything, i'm just happy about this, in the past its been on at a sh!t time before, this is sweet justice.

Alehana

Juniors
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

going to promote the game to the afl ppl, it will grow as a result

griffo346

First Grade
buddy unfortunately it wont be live for you guys :( but at least its on at a decent time

there showing it live into Adelaide for some strange reason but im happy :D :D

joondalup_giant

Staff member
7:30 is prime time isnt it? cant wait 4 this im workin that night but ill be bringing in a portable tv!

Knight87

Juniors
7:30pm WA time (9:30pm AEST), even though that's on 1hr 20 min delay (since game kickoff is at 8:10pm AEST), at least you get to see the game at a decent time in primetime, and also the game won't have finished by the time coverage begins (there will still be about another 20-25 mins to go in the game).

Knight87

Juniors
buddy unfortunately it wont be live for you guys :( but at least its on at a decent time

there showing it live into Adelaide for some strange reason but im happy :D :D

Adelaide's probably getting the game live, because of the time difference (only 30 mins behind the Eastern States, whereas WA is 2 hrs behind and the time diff in Adelaide doesn't coincide or clash with the news at 6pm).

So, from what I researched on the tv guide: NSW, QLD, Victoria, ACT, Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory will all be seeing the game live, and WA will be seeing the game at 7:30pm (on 1hr 20 min delay). I dunno when was the last time all of Australia gotta see Origin either live or at a decent time. Maybe the television executives have started to wake up to themselves and put League on at a decent time, even up against programs like Big Brother and Ugly Betty.

Either way or other, its great to see everyone getting to see the game at a decent time (which will boost ratings tremendously). Next they need to do is to make sure that WA,SA and Victorian viewers get to see the Friday Night and Sunday matches at a decent time (although WA already gets to see the Sunday match at the same time the Eastern States do)

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBh 7.30 is better than getting it live! Will be interesting to see the figures. We normally get around 60,000 when it is on at 10pm. I hope people tune in and justify putting it on at that time.

Knight87

Juniors
the question I wanna ask you ppl (which I have already asked on "The Fight Club"), now that you finally get the showpiece Rugby League event (ie the event that promotes Rugby League in Australia) on at a decent viewing time, do you think the long, hard, suffering rugby league supporters in the West will respond to the call and watch this game in the multitudes? How many ppl in Perth do you expect to tune into this game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd be disappointed if less than 120-150,000 tune in. Given Melbourne has a team and is twice the size of Perth and they get around 300,000 I would hope we would statistically be matching that. of course it wouldn't hurt if Ch9 actually advertised the fact it is on!

Nuke

Staff member
I've seen the odd ad on Ch9 for the game too. The first time I was half-asleep, and kinda came-to when they said "Queensland versus New South Wales. Wednesday 7:30. On Nine." I -in my haze- thought it was part of The Footy Show, but a few seconds later, I realised that it wasn't and it was in fact an ad! Then I realised Ch9 were showing the State Of Origin into Perth at 7:30pm!!! If it wasn't 1am at the time, I would've been woohooing at a loud volume!

Everyone I know -especially those at work (who generally don't care about League)- will be knowing when this game is on.

I may write in to that 'Your Say' section of The Sunday Times' tv guide too.

I have sh*tcanned Ch9 at every possible moment for their treatment of League here in WA for many many years, but I'll be the first to congratulate them when they do good.

At this point in time, they are doing good.