What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stay Classy Brissy

They're just absolute self-entitled scum of the highest order. They never play within the spirit of the game, and they're always trying to cheat in any way they can.

They mock Turbo, and yet the self-entitled pricks even got an extra home game out of the situation.

SCUM.

kdalymc

Bench
So if they change the rules every prick will just be jumping everywhere on every kick and won't get tackled ha

Nice Beaver

First Grade
So if they change the rules every prick will just be jumping everywhere on every kick and won't get tackled ha

I love this argument.

How the f*ck is someone going to jump.to avoid being tackled??

A grubber comes towards a player, they think to themselves "I need to jump to avoid being tackled". Why the hell would someone jump fielding a grubber?

If its any other sort of kick, its not like they jump and then magically fly away. They hit the ground, then you tackle them. Whats the bloody issue?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I love this argument.

How the f*ck is someone going to jump.to avoid being tackled??

A grubber comes towards a player, they think to themselves "I need to jump to avoid being tackled". Why the hell would someone jump fielding a grubber?

If its any other sort of kick, its not like they jump and then magically fly away. They hit the ground, then you tackle them. Whats the bloody issue?

I think the point is more that if a ball bounces and a player jumps prior to being tackled they'd receive a penalty. Would encourage people to take advantage of the rule ala Inglis and Guerra flipping themselves over to get a spear tackle penalty.

Bowzy

Juniors
I think the point is more that if a ball bounces and a player jumps prior to being tackled they'd receive a penalty. Would encourage people to take advantage of the rule ala Inglis and Guerra flipping themselves over to get a spear tackle penalty.

It's a fair point, but this is where common sense needs to be used, why is there an original rule of no tackling in air? For player safety.

Now Manly are without their fullback for almost two months, and Broncos get the chocolates out of it. All because he was tackled in the air, mind you not trying to milk a penalty or gain an unfair advantage he was literally just contesting a ball.

Can understand a rule is a rule but that was a dangerous play by the Brisbane player. And what has annoyed people about the original post is that Brisbane have no respect but to taunt about the situation? Can dare say you wouldn't be happy if Boyd was out for two months over that decision .

gUt

Coach
They aren't taunting anyone. Pretty dumb move tweeting anything about it but PR/publicity merkins aren't usually mensa candidates. I wonder how the sugar water company referenced in the tweet feels about it.

Latest posts