What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
My favourites were 'Kearney understands the Polynesian culture' and 'the biggest nursery in the comp'.

It's like a Polynesian petri dish, New Zealand. Floating with Island talent, that no one else can touch because our borders are completely secure and we have the right to sign every young star within, in either code.

And eight of our 17 this week are Polynesian, but shit they're the most important to understand.

POPEYE

Coach
Are you serious? Who else would have a photo of McCracken allegedly doing a spear tackle. That kind of evidence comes only from an interested party. You are very naive.
That's lovely of you old chap, calling a soc streetwiser 'naive' is as good as lifting his balls back up to where they once were

I lost you at "More importantly . . . who is Saxon" didn't I . . . naivity at its grandest

I'm playing you like a one string violin because only a wanker would correlate an act on the field that was regrettable but too easily replicated at the time with a totally different discussion today. Truth be known Kearney needs to man up and figuratively speaking drop a few Warriors on their heads to show them who's boss

Saxon

Bench
Are you serious? Who else would have a photo of McCracken allegedly doing a spear tackle. That kind of evidence comes only from an interested party. You are very naive.
Has it occurred to you that my position might be anti-McCracken rather than pro Kearney?

Anyway, to bring the topic back on topic (as it were);
Kearney was a top shelf second rower, and has proven to be a very good assistant to both Bellamy and Bennett. He also did quite well at national level with the assistance of one of the master coaches.

His credentials as a sole head coach so far leave a lot to be desired. He doesn't seem to have made a positive mark in either player fitness or game planning. This may be because he's not good at them, or that at both Parra and NZ he has had to work with a massively dysfunctional club environment.

Alternatively he may not be able to engage the players and have them buy into his vision for the team - which probably says as much about the players as it does the coach.

legs 11

Juniors
sk probably needs to have an operation to remove the marbles in his mouth.....maybe the players just can't understand what he is saying??

POPEYE

Coach
Has it occurred to you that my position might be anti-McCracken rather than pro Kearney?

Anyway, to bring the topic back on topic (as it were);
Kearney was a top shelf second rower, and has proven to be a very good assistant to both Bellamy and Bennett. He also did quite well at national level with the assistance of one of the master coaches.

His credentials as a sole head coach so far leave a lot to be desired. He doesn't seem to have made a positive mark in either player fitness or game planning. This may be because he's not good at them, or that at both Parra and NZ he has had to work with a massively dysfunctional club environment.

Alternatively he may not be able to engage the players and have them buy into his vision for the team - which probably says as much about the players as it does the coach.
At a guess, which is all anyone's got to offer, Kearney is struggling at clubs where he doesn't have autonomy. He learnt the moves from Bellamy but doesn't have him riding shotgun, maybe he'll never have the demeanor necessary for 'my way or the highway', maybe like Taylor he'll have to try for best supporting actor

Ace-STi

Juniors
I think on their Day Warriors can beat anyone but who knows when that day comes! Seems to lose convincingly to crap teams and then will upset a big one

TheDMC

Bench
Just a piss weak culture at the warriors.
We need a really really good coach.
Kearney is far from that.
So we are screwed.
For awhile.
Sucks.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
From equalling the longest losing streak for the Warriors and having one of the worst winning percentages in NRL coaching history, surely no one could of seen this coming. I honestly thought after four Rounds the Warriors would be lucky to have one win (Titans).

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I expected them to be a fair bet better than last year (not hard). Didn't expect us to start this strong, especially away from home.

Got some home games now. Hope they don't relax in the comforts of home. Tough games coming up including 3 games in a 9-10 day period.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Nothing surprises me about the Warriors anymore

Trust me I speak for Warriors fans when I say we are surprised.

I haven't seen the Dragons but we'd have to be nigh-on the best drilled side in the comp this year. Yesterday was Storm-like in its efficiency. Kearney did say he had a 3-year plan, he's got rid of a shitload of dead wood and now has the side I guess that he always wanted.

3-0 on the road in 2018, we won one all season last year.

Very early days but they said we'd know where we were after the Roosters, and we know now this side should be top 8 if not top 6, with higher a possible destiny if injuries and other aspects go our way.

Warriors beat the Roosters without Shaun Johnson. The Warrriors will be awesome this year, and Blake Green and Tohu Harris are the main reasons, not Kearney.

Latest posts