What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterling should know better

mighty v

Juniors
Seriously thought that with sterling now main selector things would be different....a new era for nsw ,but same shit

How vaughan and debelin is not in side is beyond me

Seriuosly ..josh jackson , brett morris david klemmer should not be there

1st & 10

Juniors
Seriously thought that with sterling now main selector things would be different....a new era for nsw ,but same shit

Seriuosly ..josh jackson , brett morris david klemmer should not be there[/QUOTE

As a QLD fan, I love that Mitchell "RSPCA" Pearce has been picked.... again !!!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Seriuosly ..josh jackson , brett morris david klemmer should not be there

Obviously any representative team should be picked on form, and with this in mind, Vaughan should've been the first forward picked. However, given NSWs abundance of back rowers, Debellin's absence is justifiable.

Also, if you believe Brett Morris isn't still the best winger in the game, you haven't been watching him closely enough; his form has been nothing short of sensational.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Obviously any representative team should be picked on form, and with this in mind, Vaughan should've been the first forward picked. However, given NSWs abundance of back rowers, Debellin's absence is justifiable.

Also, if you believe Brett Morris isn't still the best winger in the game, you haven't been watching him closely enough; his form has been nothing short of sensational.
Agree with the Morris quote although not sure on best in the game. He will not let us down.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I laugh when Daley and co say weve picked these blokes because they've done the job for us before and their experienced in the Origin arena......weve won I series in what the last 10 years or so......yeah right Laurie

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I don't mind the side they picked but Vaughan should of been there somewhere for sure. Sterling knows what he's doing but they have stuffed up with the amount of back rowers picked. I know they are all in form but game 1 is always an arm wrestle,especially up there and big bodies are needed for yardage. Paul has all the stats so far this year and would of been very handy starting with Woods up front. Its a tough one but probably Josh Jackson could of been left out of the team.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
So it could of been:
Trbojovic/Graham starting for Jackson
Vaughan starting for Fifita
Fifita to bench(massive impact player with fatigue)
Jackson ommitted,which would be tough but fair on form.
Would of been good but who knows?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I don't mind Sterling, he seems to know his footy.

I think the boys club that's already established there would be near impossible to crack anyway.
I dont mind Sterlo either as you say he seems to know his footy...so did Bozo Fulton he was an immortal but didnt help the Blues much did it........on paper some of the side looks ok but we say that every year......we cant win when we have 2 games in NSW god help us with 2 in QLD

denis preston

First Grade
What a dill Daley is saying you have to play consistent football for a couple of years to get a go in SSO ! So Vaughan is a certain starter in the 2019 series ! How the f**k did he get this gig anyway ? As a commentator he offered no insight and just stated the bloody obvious. As a coach Gould summed it up when he sat on Daley's seat on the sideline at a SOO game Gould was coaching. Daley just then pretended he was sitting just like he pretends to be a coach now.

hazzbeen

Bench
What a dill Daley is saying you have to play consistent football for a couple of years to get a go in SSO ! So Vaughan is a certain starter in the 2019 series ! How the f**k did he get this gig anyway ? As a commentator he offered no insight and just stated the bloody obvious. As a coach Gould summed it up when he sat on Daley's seat on the sideline at a SOO game Gould was coaching. Daley just then pretended he was sitting just like he pretends to be a coach now.
Denis if that is what he said ( have to play consistent football for a couple of years to get a go in SSO ) he is a goose , Dont think Daley will be there to make the call in 2 years time after loosing again ....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why are we so unhappy with this?
Yrs, I feel for Vaughny and JDB and rep honours are a great thing but first and foremost both will play fir us against the Tigers fit and Fresh and hungry.
If Dugan plays SOO its unlikely he will back up but we have sufficient cover fir him in any case.
Our biggest concern is Friz only IMO.
If we rack up a huge score ( and we should) then our top4 aspiratiobs look even better.
Vaughny, JDB and maybe even McInnes may get a look in in the dead 3rd rubber. By then our ladder position will be more clear.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Enjoy Hawaii, Paul Vaughan. You've earned a break, come back refreshed and ready to roll on for the rest of 2017.

Congrats to Dugan and Frizell. You boys never let NSW down and I know you'll do us proud again. Enjoy the experience JDB, you will soon be a NSW mainstay.

Minh

First Grade
The two worst selection blunders are the ommision of Vaughan and secondly the selection of Mitchell Pearce...whether that is enough to derail them we don't know...

Minh

First Grade
I laugh when Daley and co say weve picked these blokes because they've done the job for us before and their experienced in the Origin arena......weve won I series in what the last 10 years or so......yeah right Laurie

Yes they've done a job.....a losing one lol...