What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterling to Coach?

Anyone know anything about the rumours of Brian Smith heading back to England at season's end and Peter Sterling taking over at Parramatta?

It apparently came from a reliable source ... but we've all heard that before, right? ;)

~knights~

Juniors
He has a contract with Ch 9.

The commentary,the thursdaynight footy show and also the sunday show.

Where is he going to find time to coach a 1st grade team?

Kid

Juniors
Sterling is like Billy Anderson was, can see things happening b4 they actually occur. It's on thin to see them but another to be able to get it to the players in time. I don't think Sterlo will coach in the short term. He makes good money now and i don't think he would test his value on the fact that he could end up a shocking coach.

greeneyed

First Grade
It is too late for Sterling to coach. He is ensconsed in commentary. In fact he is one of the few good ones Channel 9 has so they won't let him go. And he is too comfortable in his current role (which doesn't take much work). Why risk being an unsuccessful coach?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Greeneyed: Yeah, can't see Sterling going to coaching for the same points that you have just made.

As for Smith from memory he is under contract untill the end of 2006.

Hurriflatch said:
Greeneyed: Yeah, can't see Sterling going to coaching for the same points that you have just made.

As for Smith from memory he is under contract untill the end of 2006.

But we both know contracts don't mean anything these days ...

Eels Dude

Coach
Cannot see Smith giving up his post either, and can't see Denis Fitzgerald asking him to leave either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's an interesting little rumour, but a couple of things I know will put this to rest.

1] Smith will never part with the club under his current agreement for two reasons his on too good a wicket at the moment and "tightarse" Fitzgerald won't dare pay him out.

2] Sterling and Fitzy had a falling out last season about this very topic in a corporate box during a premier league match.

Kid

Juniors
Remember the good old days when Sterlo was the sensible one on the panel of the footy show? Well these days his head is too far up his own arse and still think he thinks his poo doesn't stink. I reckon now is as good as any time to go and be a coach cause i have had enough of his melon on the tele, but still as i said earlier, he is on too much money to leave what he is doing. It's amazing how much someone can be paid for being a tosser these days.

Won't happen, what may happen is Jason Taylor may take over and Smith become a overseer like Gould is to Roosters.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I think its pretty funny how both Freeman and Sterling seem to rubbish Parramatta? I think "someone" from Parramatta must of pissed them off

Kid

Juniors
Lyon said:
I think its pretty funny how both Freeman and Sterling seem to rubbish Parramatta? I think "someone" from Parramatta must of pissed them off
Having both played for them, (and myself playing in their junior league many years ago) they probably wonder what happens to all the talent plays there but doesn't make it to the big league

Southernsaint

Staff member
Can you imagine Sterlo at the Monday video sessions??

"If we can just freeze it there..."

Cheers,
Ben S.

hrundi99

First Grade
Kid said:
Lyon said:
Having both played for them, (and myself playing in their junior league many years ago) they probably wonder what happens to all the talent plays there but doesn't make it to the big league

What?

Booyah

Bench
I think he's been out of it too long.

Most blokes wait about 3 years and start coaching an English side or junior reps or something. Has Sterlo done any of that?

Its the same with Sludge Rogers. He was named as a possible coach for Cronulla before Stuey, but he has been out of it too long.

redeel

Juniors
mate if you are a renowned expert why the hell are you asking us.
are you sure you aint rebecca wilson lookin for a filler for next weeks column?

Latest posts