What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo Interviews

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
only seen 1 or 2 on youtube, from what ive read and heard sterlo does (and has for a long time going back to being a player) done this similar thing with juniors and young players at the eels club just in his own time. Not because he is getting paid to do it, has a job to do as an interviewer or just trying to glorify or churn something into a scandal that isn't really there, he does it because he gives a shit about what is being talked about.

If Danny Weidler asked a personal question to a player 98% of them would have to ignore the first response that comes to find (f*&k off d!ckhead), and then try try and piece together an answer that can't be twisted into some steaming pile of crap .

Just saw the Sterlo / Mat "The Rat" Rogers interview.

What an absolute legend.

Well spoken, generous, champion. A credit to his family and himself.

Hawkins

Juniors
I watch him interview Fatty by accident. I never liked Fatty but it was an amazing interview and now maybe I do like Fatty.

Incorrect

Coach
I watch him interview Fatty by accident. I never liked Fatty but it was an amazing interview and now maybe I do like Fatty.

My hunch is that Fatty is a great fella when he's away from the channel 9 cameras, he has just been encouraged/instructed to act like a buffoon by the folks at channel 9 becasue they think that makes him likeable...

natheel

Coach
Just watched the Brad Arthur interview with Sterlo. Comes across as a no bullshit coach and good bloke. Really hope he turns the club around (I have the belief he can bring us a premiership) he's just got a desire for the club that has been missing

nrlnrl

First Grade
Andrew Denton was excellent - great knowledge of the game & plenty of entertaining stories.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Denton was very good.

I still get blown away with how good Sterlo is as an interviewer. While he has worked in the media for a long time and you would expect he would be capable at it - what he does is just so much more intelligent and polished than any other Australian sports journalist. He also remains fairly impartial and is not running an agenda. It is a shame that our free to air media personalities are so much more unsophisticated.

davi

Juniors
You might be getting more of Peter Sterling again, as he could be hosting the Sunday Footy Show again. However it could come at a cost with the show Sterlo given the boot. Sterling is one of the brightest minds in rugby league, unfortunately that does not always translate into viewers because sadly more people seemed to be interested in watching Beua Ryan clown around.

"The fight between the networks places commentator and presenter Peter Sterling in an awkward position because he works for both Nine and Fox Sports.

With Sampson leaving, there is talk Nine will use Sterling as her replacement to host its Thursday, Friday and Sunday coverage plus State of Origin and the finals series.

If that happens, there is speculation Fox Sports would offer Sterling an early exit from his contract that still has 12 months to run.

His Wednesday night Sterlo On The Couch show is the one rugby league program on Fox Sports that didn’t improve in its ratings last season, while Matty Johns and NRL 360 enjoyed strong increases along with the live football coverage."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/660b7f6a9bd1f883d014ea4b391b2015

DiegoNT

First Grade
There was nothing wrong with sterlo.
Just it was very hard to get through a show with Parker and Hooper. Anasta doesn't help because he has the charisma of a doorknob. The actual sterlo parts, especially the interviews, where great

typicalfan

Coach
The other two shows had the benefit of running into or after games. I don't see how its fair to compare

Latest posts