What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo on the Twins

DiegoNT

First Grade
I have no idea where people get all the stats from it would be interesting to see if the reality stands up to what I perceive, but it feels like our entire team is afraid to offload in comparison to other teams.
I'm not sure if it's something Madge is training in to the entire side and the twins do it even less or what but we have so little free flowing footy across the squad I can only assume it's Madge.
I don't think it's a teamwide plan. Sam, Sutton and clark are good offloaders and will get a few off each game. Mcinnes and Luke were both hookers capable of an offload when they ran and in the past we had guys like stewart, McQueen and Teo who weren't bad offloaders. I think our lack of offloads reflect our current players, The twins aren't great at it, Turner isn't a natural at it and Musgrove has probably been told to just focus on his running so far

greg jay

Juniors
The problem for Tom and George is simple I believe. They ventured into SOCIAL MEDIA BS and saw the NRL as a FOOTSTEP into BIGGER ventures. Tom was tempted to try out for the New York Giants as a TE while George played it up with Social Media and stints at acting. Their minds are thus drifting in and out and therefore extra training etc is cut. Tom has openly stated on several occasions that he would like to play in the NFL.Sam well he wasted a year in British Rugby as a CENTRE and thus his body was no longer used to the weekly grind and intensity. None of them have great skills and Sam was badly exposed in Rugby they could not wait to be rid of him. As a comparative note look at Jarryd Hayne... He has been nowhere near the player he was after his stint with the 49ers. The daily hitting and grinding was not needed by Hayne as he was merely a P/T RB and KR guy. His body has subsequently become injury prone. He is NOT worth what he is paid.These guys realise their time in contact football is very limited and they are constantly looking to boost their earnings and exposure. The Q/ for Souths' management is this: The Burgess Brothers are in their PRIME years and they consume a large chunk of The Salary Cap but their OUTPUT has declined noticeably. They do not win the team games. Their turnovers help sink the team. Maguire and management should sit down with The Twins and tell them the Bizzo. Either you improve the problem areas IMMEDIATELY and commit to Souths or we cut you.

Rsag85

Bench
It's easy to point the fingers at the twins but since Sam has come back he isn't the same player as before IMO.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sam is still really really good though Rsag.

He's not in his prime anymore but he's great quality!!!!!

I wouldn't replace him with anyone else.

I'd replace the twins though.

greg jay

Juniors
Sam... NOT in his PRIME?? He is not even 30 years old!!! Chronologically he IS in his prime. I notice Sam offloads passes when games are lost or the situation looks grim. the Q? is why do the forwards fail to offload from the start? they simply cart the rock up and smash into opposing forwards. there is NO INTENTION to pass or create gaps. I believe many of them can do it BUT Head Coach Maguire PREVENTS them from doing thus. Perhaps Sam The Twins Reynolds and Inglis et al would be sparked by a change in Coach.

greg jay

Juniors
Sam.. Out of his prime?? Como??? Que?? Cam Smith and Cronk are INTO THEIR 30s. Kettle Head Thurston is what..... 34???? Their teams have a WINNING RECORD and are perennial playoff teams. Also these guys play in the State of Origin EVERY YEAR... Something that really takes a toll on their body and psyche. Please... Sam is NOT even 30 years old!!! Sam suffers from SAVE YOURSELF FOR FULL CONTRACT PAYMENT SYNDROME. Pacing himself so that he gets all his contract years completed. He is NOT a great leader and is NOT a proven winner like the guys mentioned above ARE. And just to repeat: These three above PLAY SOO EVERY YEAR!!! Sam... does NOT.

Rsag85

Bench
Sam is still really really good though Rsag.

He's not in his prime anymore but he's great quality!!!!!

I wouldn't replace him with anyone else.

I'd replace the twins though.

He has been used differently imo since returning. Imo he looks like his missing something in attack if that makes sense

Latest posts