What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Roach

TheFrog

Coach
Aside from blocker, am I the only one who thinks finch, hodges, gasnier Parker and co are just hopeless.
Blocker: He's a buffoon, but how can anyone hate him?
Finch: Never liked the bloke since he gouged Gower in the 2003 GF and got away with it, but he's not bad as silly man on a panel show, he just has to be himself. Sucks as a caller/sidekick/sideline eye though. Far too biased and dumb as dogshit.
Gasnier: doesn't bother me.
Parker: Puts me to sleep.
Hodges: Puts me to sleep also.
Alexander: needs some work on his adenoids, comes up with some odd opinions, but knows the game and its strategies very well.
and finally Walters: Sounds just like Wally Lewis. Talks as much shit as Wally too.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Blocker: He's a buffoon, but how can anyone hate him?
Finch: Never liked the bloke since he gouged Gower in the 2003 GF and got away with it, but he's not bad as silly man on a panel show, he just has to be himself. Sucks as a caller/sidekick/sideline eye though. Far too biased and dumb as dogshit.
Gasnier: doesn't bother me.
Parker: Puts me to sleep.
Hodges: Puts me to sleep also.
Alexander: needs some work on his adenoids, comes up with some odd opinions, but knows the game and its strategies very well.
and finally Walters: Sounds just like Wally Lewis. Talks as much shit as Wally too.

Good list.... I'll add my thoughts on the 3 people that get paid to comment on the game that I find most bizarre;

Finch - How he gets a gig anywhere I do not know.... offers no insight, all he's got is that he's a bit of a joker and takes the piss out of himself.... He adds nothing

Tallis - Zero intelligence, is basically ignorant - talks over people all the time, usually about something totally unrelated or with some bizarre off the wall point of view... in terms of adding input based on his experience from the game, all he's got is 'run harder, tackle harder'...

Wendell Sailor - Very much of the Tallis mould in terms of intelligence and knowledge of the game, and just talks utter nonsense. All he does is refer back to himself, use clichès that don't actually make sense or just says stupid pointless stuff. On Triple M at the weekend they were talking about Brett Kimorleys current situation and he ended the segment by saying something along the lines of 'yeah when I played with blokes likes Kimmorley and saw how they play the game, you respect that'... What the f**k does that even mean? And what on earth does it have to do with his current plight?

How these 3 are still earning a coin out of the game I do not know... clearly they have mates in high places.

Hawkins

Juniors
Was so happy when Fox gained all the games last season and making the switch from 9 to Fox for every game was a no brainer - no more Ray Warren and Phil Gould.

But now, Fox has gone full genius and many of their crew are just as annoying.

Can't win.

Volume off.

I still like Rabs

wibble

Bench
Roach is the Aussie version of Stevo, but with less charisma. Maybe he needs to start calling for the "one-pointer" all the time.

I miss Stevo....

no name

Coach
Ben Ikin reckons Blocker has 'a great rugby league mind, he knows his stuff.'
I dunno about Ben, but I think the rules are pretty important part of the game.
'A bit of a fan favourite as a commentator'
I wonder where these fans are? Never heard anyone say anything positive about his commentating.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Roach is the Aussie version of Stevo, but with less charisma. Maybe he needs to start calling for the "one-pointer" all the time.

I miss Stevo....
Amazed he hasn't been picked up by fox now he's living in oz. he is about at the level of most of the fox league mob.

Basically any commentator that is a Queenslander is a waste of space listening to.

Reason being they are incredibly biased to Queensland Teams or Queensland players.

One that some have missed is Steve Renouf with his morning gig on Fox Sports.

They should save some money and just put a cardboard cut out of him and someone do a voice over.

Fox Panelist: "Steve how will the Broncos go against ( insert any non Queensland team) this w/end?

Steve Renouf : Oh I think the Broncos will win. Too much class, too much speed. They could really end up racking up a big score.

The only exception I will make is Kevin Walters. From what I have heard from him he does come across with more open views which is refreshing.

txta2

Bench
Walters is ok, has half a brain, unlike the other typical pharken QLDers. They all think they are comedians but are boring dribblers.
Blocker always makes wtf comments and can make conversations awkward when he tries to be funny.

beave

Coach
This was posted on fox leagues insta today

CC8E6770-FFAB-416C-B7FF-720F0216A0DE_zpsyspawi3e.jpg

I think the high pitched voice he imparts on us lucky viewers can be justified now by those delightful mammaries. Benny Elias, Im not even going there......

axl rose

Bench
Basically any commentator that is a Queenslander is a waste of space listening to.

They all repeat each other. Tallis is the only one who comes up with his own opinion. Its usually ill thought out and moronic, but it is his own.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Immortal

Reason being they are incredibly biased to Queensland Teams or Queensland players.

One that some have missed is Steve Renouf with his morning gig on Fox Sports.

They should save some money and just put a cardboard cut out of him and someone do a voice over.

Fox Panelist: "Steve how will the Broncos go against ( insert any non Queensland team) this w/end?

Steve Renouf : Oh I think the Broncos will win. Too much class, too much speed. They could really end up racking up a big score.

The only exception I will make is Kevin Walters. From what I have heard from him he does come across with more open views which is refreshing.

Put down the pipe

Walters has no love for the Cowboys

That show Queensland may as well be called Broncos TV

Once more qld has two other teams

Fox are doing the same shit nine did in putting ex Broncos players in the box whenever the Titans or Cowboys play

no name

Coach
Fox are doing the same shit nine did in putting ex Broncos players in the box whenever the Titans or Cowboys play
How would anyone know any Qlders outside of ex-Broncos?
Most of the time Titans or Cowboys were on fta in the past was when they played the Broncos. (Especially pre-JT days for the Cows)

taipan

Referee
Think I'd prefer to listen to Cyclone Debbie whining winds(without the destruction of course) for a day, than listen to Blocker's whiny voice for a couple of minutes.
He needs to get a security guard job ,on one of those Chinese made up islands in the South China Sea.As about as close and tolerable as I could handle.